Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [Work in Progress] Fantasy Pack (Medieval Props and Gothic Architecture)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 16:52
"Upon my return from the werewolf hunt, I went to the Inn for a drink. "What would you like?" asked the innkeep. "Surprise me" I told him and he showed me the chastity belt of my wife."

After opening with that kneeslapper...welcome to the workin in progress thread of my new Modelpack which includes:

Absolutely

*Multiple Segmentsets with matching primitive meshes for non-boxic architecture
*Gothic and Fantasy Architectue props with variations.
*Medieval props such as furniture, catacomb and temple decorations etc.
*Items that can be used for story and quests
*Larger props having FPSCR in mind
*colorful fantasy church windows

Maybe

*Particle effects
*Buildings
*2 or 3 Characters
*doors

All the segments use shaders and the assets can be equipped with bond1's "lightmapherospec" shader for static entities which is available in the metro theater modelpack.
Most models have simple textures that can be edited or replaced by complete newbies at texturing.
I use a lot of selfmade textures photographed in Germany, Luxemburg and Switzerland in this pack aswell!

So far, I dont have that much props FPSC ready and you get to see a lot of Toolbag renders laters aswell but for now lets just take a look at some of the architectural pillars, shall we?

Please note that I did not deactivate the Postprocessing I use in my game, so the screenshots have a creepy blue undertone here.

If you leave some comments or feedback, could you also tell me if the pictures load fast or slow for you? Thank you!

-Wolf

[href]www.serygalacaffeine.com[/href]
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 17:12
Pictures actually loaded perfectly for me. On top of that, I can't describe how much I would love to get my hands on these. Can't wait wolf! Great job!

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 17:28
Oh WOW, these are just BEAUTIFUL Wolf! I will be watching this post. Again Wolf, Just beautiful.

Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 17:36
great stuff! This would be great for the idea a have for one of my games.
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 19:28
Wolf the first images, I see a majestic work! great to use in the future with FPSC reloaded, great job!

danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice dungeon Wolf,It look so creepy huhuhu.

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 00:49
These are a must have! Wow I can't wait!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't like the vault, the edge is too sharpened, I'm thinkimg about something like the image attached. Just my opinion

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 06:30 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2013 06:31
Quote: ". . . could you also tell me if the pictures load fast or slow for you?"

Loaded pretty fast.

OMGosh what brilliant work.

I couldn't wait to use this absolutely cute pic.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 08:56
Brilliant wolf!!! Just perfect for what I'm planning next!!!

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 19:52
Pictures load just fine/fast.
Absolutely gorgeous. Love the ceilings & pillars.

@ FlatLander
That is sooooo cute!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
really good work nice one

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2013 04:15
Make a UDK Version please! I wanna use this in my UDK Game!

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice! pictures load fine.
UnReLaTeD
Years of Service
User Offline
These are beautiful, please keep working. When do you plan on releasing the pack?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2013 17:14 Edited at: 25th Feb 2013 17:14
Quote: "Oh WOW, these are just BEAUTIFUL Wolf! I will be watching this post. Again Wolf, Just beautiful."

Quote: "These are a must have! Wow I can't wait!"

Quote: "Wolf the first images, I see a majestic work!"

Quote: "These are beautiful, please keep working."

Quote: "Absolutely gorgeous. Love the ceilings & pillars."

Quote: "really good work nice one "

Quote: "OMGosh what brilliant work."

Quote: "great stuff!"

Hey folks! Thanks for all the fantastic feedback Its a pleasure to be part of this community.

Thanks for the replies about the pictures! It turned out to be an issue on my end with the bandwith.

Now...

@creating games
Quote: "I don't like the vault, the edge is too sharpened, I'm thinkimg about something like the image attached. Just my opinion "

Vault translates into german as "catacombs, cave, arched, to jump, winecellar" and much more. I assume you mean the ceiling-structures?
If you do: Yes! I see what you mean as it does not tile perfectly.
However, the image you provided seems too highpoly for FPSC architectural structures.
Did I understand your comment correctly?

@unrelated:
Quote: "When do you plan on releasing the pack?"

I just started working on it I really have no clue.
@Flatlander
Quote: "I couldn't wait to use this absolutely cute pic."

Aww! Its also great to substitute that Picard "facepalm" picture with =P

Quote: "Make a UDK Version please!"

If I find the time I make a UDK Version you can buy on my Website after release.

Update

I prepared a few new pictures for you guys on sunday, here they are now:

These small pillars are seperate entities, thats why they seem to mismatch the larger structure.

Some Bookcases. Minimalistic but efficient to fill levels with!

minitable and candle.

Pillars with wooden tops.

Low poly archs

More to come soon!

-Wolf

Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
Mr_Joe
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2013 18:19
Looks great!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2013 23:46
Your attention to detail is supurb!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Vault translates into german as "catacombs, cave, arched, to jump, winecellar" and much more. I assume you mean the ceiling-structures?
If you do: Yes! I see what you mean as it does not tile perfectly.
However, the image you provided seems too highpoly for FPSC architectural structures.
Did I understand your comment correctly?"

Yeah I was talking about the ceiling! The model I provided is about 3600 triangles, really don't know if too much for FPSC. Was part of a gothic cathedral pack I started time ago and never finished.

The new models are fine. Keep up the good work
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2013 19:24
Thanks guys!

also @Creating Game:
Quote: "The model I provided is about 3600 triangles"

Its a good model but thats really a bit much for FPSC architectural assets. This hallway has 4800 polygons and I still feel like its a bit much for FPSC.

3600 is a good count for an animated character in FPSC. Why not finish that pack?

Simple Lowpoly-Deco Axes for walls.

Some large architectural pillars

-Wolf

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2013 15:19
look fantastic, screenshot made with fpsc ?

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 1st Mar 2013 16:15
Damn wolf!!! This is excellent. How much will this pack cost? Also, would you be up to do some private work for an RPG game I've started developing?

Landman

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2013 16:24
Wolf.. I'm in love with your lighting skills

Don't as what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - Winston Churchill
CID
Years of Service
User Offline
Super Great Wolf

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2013 14:42 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2013 14:46
The pack looks great, you might consider some cut out segments to add details into walls or make enclaves or windows etc. Or even go the other way, something that juts out of walls. Im glad you are making large architecture, and not making little objects, its the bulk level building that counts.

VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
Woooooooooooooow ..........
all I see on this topic could be useful in my project, and of course be used to play all the projects 'horrific'!
I love libraries, they are old and 'musty'
You account to sell this package or offer to the community??
For me it interests me a lot and I would be willing to buy it to complete my collection of models for my game project!
Snake675
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2013 17:59
Hi Wolf

Great stuff, as always!
You wrote you did take some of the pictures in Switzerland. I wonder where these are, because i live in Switzerland.

Greetings, snake675

------------------------------------------------------------
i5 2.8 GHz 64bit / 4G ram / W7 home sp1 / geforce gts 250
FPSC 120 Beta 3
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2013 21:09
Once again! Thanks for all the great responses

@lotgd: All the above screenshots have been taken in fpsc, excpet for the untextured hallway of course.

@Landman:
Quote: "How much will this pack cost? Also, would you be up to do some private work for an RPG game I've started developing?"

It will cost: $19.99 €15.00 £12.99
And yes, I do freelance work. Just shoot me an e-mail about it.

@fallen one: I'll definately make a couple windows. I'm unsure about cut out segments because I haven't made any before. We'll see about that. Now would you explain to me what an enclave is in regards of architecture? or did you mean alcove maybe?
en·clave (nklv, n-)
n.
1. A country or part of a country lying wholly within the boundaries of another.
2. A distinctly bounded area enclosed within a larger unit: ethnic enclaves in a large city.

Sorry, my native language is german.

Quote: "Im glad you are making large architecture, and not making little objects, its the bulk level building that counts.
"

I make these too, but less for this pack. Big stuff is more fun anway Also glad you like it

@Vindikator:
Quote: "all I see on this topic could be useful in my project, and of course be used to play all the projects 'horrific'!
I love libraries, they are old and 'musty'
You account to sell this package or offer to the community??
For me it interests me a lot and I would be willing to buy it to complete my collection of models for my game project! "

Great to hear! I sell this pack like the cyberpunk pack Bugsy and I made a few months ago.

@snake675:
Quote: "You wrote you did take some of the pictures in Switzerland. I wonder where these are, because i live in Switzerland.
"

In chuches and museums in basel.

Update:

Now that I'm already working on this, I might aswell make it huge. Here are even more architectural props:

Thanks for reading!

-Wolf

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh sweet mama. That's some gorgeous structural work going on. I'll keep a close eye on this one. Although I'm afraid I don't really have much use for this any time in the near future

Though we'll see, we would be allowed to alter these correct?

Looking to make it an official model pack btw, or are you selling independently?

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 03:13
Looks suitably . . . creepy (that's a good thing!)

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Wolf - These are superb and a MUST BUY!

A few helpful suggestions -

Barrels, sitting and stacked (wine cellar etc)

Coffins, or crypt style wall coffins.

Wall torch holders.

Doors.

Gates and iron work.

Chests, open, closed, animated holding items?

Stone benches and metal cages.

Wall Chains and manacles, ceiling chains.

Floor spiked pits (must have!!! hahahahahahahaha)

Metal Chandeliers with lots of dripping candles??

Sheilds on walls.

winding staircase or stone steps.

Water fountains.

Archways

IF you need anymore ideas let me know hahahahahahaha I have been working on something like this for a while but not as good as your work!

SUPERB!!!!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 15:09
@Wolf

I kind of agree with the post above, but I think it would be cool if it took a demonic route. I think it would be cool to see like, crystals, energy orbs and things like that. Like a dark power lurks those hall ways.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 18:52 Edited at: 4th Mar 2013 18:53
The two posts above me, all these things have been made in other packs, there are LOTS of packs both for fpsc and other engines on medieval 'objects'. This really needs to concentrate on architecture, ie the bones of the level.

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Fallen One - I disagree the pack states props and architecture and all the items in one pack done in the great style of Wolf would be a superb addition rather than bits an pieces from seperate packs.

In my honest opinion.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 01:22
Id like to see some platforms, made from both wood and stone, with both a short ridge http://www.madladdesigns.co.uk/dungeonbuilder/screens/snapshot12.jpg (link, this pack was never released)
and with 'waist' high wall, regular straight top and also battlement merlons (but be careful with the merlons as they can make the polycount very high, not just straight sections but 'diagonals', and curves of all sizes, also make pillars and supports for the platforms, so we can slot these in where we want. Include ramps and stairs for these also, both straight, diagonal, and perhaps even curved. No one has ever made these, so these would be gladly needed.

Id also like to see curved stair cases, of all sizes, so if I wanted to make a castle tower 30x30 units I can have a spiral staircase going around the whole thing, in any other editor you can do it, in the first unreal editor you had a spiral brush builder, you could build any sized arc you wanted, with fpsc this is not so, gradual curves are not to be seen at all, diagonals are not either, flat boxes that are cluttered with 'objects' we dont see much in architecture design or much in the way of vertical design either.
Even if we dont get large curves ones that at least make an arch at a few different units, start at 2x2 units, then 3x3 unit,and so on getting bigger. Do this for both platforms, and staircases, both with small ridges and mid level walls etc, like I said above. This really opens the possibilities. They would go with the large sections you have above, those large pillar and arch sections, we could use the platforms to snake around and through them.

Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this is quite common in gothic cathedrals

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 23:32
Jaw-droppingly gorgeous stuff wolf!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2013 03:02
@Ekipshi:
Quote: "That's some gorgeous structural work going on. I'll keep a close eye on this one. Although I'm afraid I don't really have much use for this any time in the near future"

Thank you! Thats no problem. Bugsy and I will make another scifi/cyberpunk pack soon if you are interested. At least thats planned for the near future.
Quote: "Though we'll see, we would be allowed to alter these correct?"

Yes! But don't tell your parents.

Quote: "Looking to make it an official model pack btw, or are you selling independently?"

I sell via TGC. They have an excellent service for external artists.

Quote: "Looks suitably . . . creepy (that's a good thing!)
"

I can do whatever I want...some guy shows up and tells me its creepy. ...even if it are only books and pillars.

@bruce3371: Thank you!

@creating game: Another nice model

@Fallen One, Soviet and Solo Design:

Don't use your position as potential customers to tell me what to do.
Now, some of your suggestions I have planned or are already done, others won't happen. Please note that I will not do too many objects that could rival Ros tra damus Modelpacks. I think his work is fantastic and I dont want to steal potential customers from him. That means none of these:

Quote: "
Doors.

Gates and iron work.

Chests, open, closed, animated holding items?

Stone benches and metal cages.

Wall Chains and manacles, ceiling chains.

Floor spiked pits (must have!!! hahahahahahahaha)"

As for the things I will or might do:

Quote: "Water fountains."

Yes! Even some water.

Quote: "Shields on walls."

Maybe 1 or 2

Quote: "Archways"

Sure

Quote: "Metal Chandeliers with lots of dripping candles??"

Yes! But maybe no dripping candles

Quote: "Wall torch holders."

These are kind of a necessitie for this kind of pack. So only a few.

Quote: "Coffins, or crypt style wall coffins."

Yes.

As for the things I wont include:

Quote: "Id like to see some platforms, made from both wood and stone, with both a short ridge http://www.madladdesigns.co.uk/dungeonbuilder/screens/snapshot12.jpg (link, this pack was never released)
and with 'waist' high wall, regular straight top and also battlement merlons (but be careful with the merlons as they can make the polycount very high, not just straight sections but 'diagonals', and curves of all sizes, also make pillars and supports for the platforms, so we can slot these in where we want. Include ramps and stairs for these also, both straight, diagonal, and perhaps even curved. No one has ever made these, so these would be gladly needed.

winding staircase or stone steps. / curved staircases

Barrels, sitting and stacked (wine cellar etc)
"

Those are either too much work, no fun to make or really boring. Especially barrels...

While my models are all correctly scaled and the pillars have indicators on top to adjust them fittingly I dont like to work with units/segmentblock-scales. I wont make too many customized segments either.

Quote: "flat boxes that are cluttered with 'objects' we dont see much in architecture design or much in the way of vertical design either."

I do a lot of that, but yes. Its rarely seen. (the ai doesnt respond that well to it either...so its not that good in shooters. I had it in a game of mine and it was really clunky. Fantasy is good though)

Allow me to recommend you Rostradamus packs. They are available in the modelpack section and include a lot of architectural props. You could use them to add to this pack if you decide to buy it once its done.

Alright! I have some updates ready I'll post here tomorrow or so. I'm too tired right now

-Wolf

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
This is awesome work wolf I must say I think its your best work to date.

Def a must buy for anyone.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2013 01:51 Edited at: 12th Mar 2013 01:51
@s4real: Wow! Thanks a lot! Well...its far from done!
Here is a little update with some archs and deco props.

The archs come with 2 different textures and both versions have barred archs which have either rusty or clean metal. Both metal versions look a lot better using bond1s lightmap_herospec shader.

These little deco props are simple, I know, but they all use the same 512*512 texture. I try to optimise the pack a little.
I also took shots with one of the hallway construction set pillars I showed above for those who didnt know what one could do with a skeletal gothic pillar. This is not realistic at all but can be cool in a fantasy game.

I know these are rather boring. Some more fancy stuff is on the way too.

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2013 04:17
You're too good at this, Wolf.

Great work

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2013 08:39
Thanks Vent!

Good morning to everyone! Here is a quick update before I throw myself out in the snow:

Nevermind the normalmap in that presentation image of the statueface-wall. Its not in the pack

Thanks to Bugsy for posing my statue model!

Have a nice one!

-Wolf

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Mar 2013 23:51
Damn maaaan!! Nicely done wolf!!!

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2013 06:47
Hi there,

looks pretty awesome man! The legs on the second figure (from the left) look a bit strange, though. Might be the texture, I don't know.

Greetings,
Jan

Canalyst developer! Skype name: thek491
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2013 16:21
@Landman: Thanks mate!

@TheK Thank you!

Quote: "The legs on the second figure (from the left) look a bit
strange, though. Might be the texture, I don't know."

Yeah! the texture tiles there. I'll iron that out if I find the time.

Here are some smaller architectural props that serve as decoration:

Next will probably be windows.

-Wolf

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 01:43 Edited at: 17th Mar 2013 01:44
Spotted this in my cgnewsletter, it might give you some ideas and pointers.
UDK - Modular Cathedral
http://game-artist.net/forums/work-progress/20036-udk-modular-cathedral.html

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2013 01:34 Edited at: 20th Mar 2013 01:34
Whoa! Fallen one: That guy certainly plays in a different league than me... and he has style too. However, I take it you would like me to do such a modular construction kit? Thats a good idea. I'll do that.

Thanks man!

-Wolf

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Wolf :- This is looking better and better, I have made some changes to the lighting in s4mod and if you had time being your map using a lot of lightmapping you could test this for me.

It would not effect your build at all but this is up to you.

best s4real

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2013 02:36 Edited at: 21st Mar 2013 02:38
Thanks s4real!!

Quote: "This is looking better and better, I have made some changes to the lighting in s4mod and if you had time being your map using a lot of lightmapping you could test this for me"

I will Since you posted here: I'll test it in a map of my game because I never save these presentation maps. I assume thats okay?

@all: I decided to release the entire pack for only 10 EUR once I'm done with it. It has a couple imperfections I produced due to speedmodeling and me hating to unwrap things
This does not mean that I release it now, I'll still add a bunch of content.

No windows yet but some more architecture. I made these for my own game but threw them in anway.

Nevermind the severe texture stretching on the dome. I'll improve that later.

Lafette
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ...

... fits the new pope ...
It all looks great.
Segments?

bye

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:38:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:38:07