Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Jeff Minter Talks Llamasoft, Space Giraffe

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 14:45
(copied over from the superb 4 color rebellion site - because it should interest a lot of people here)

Here's a nice GDC leftover for you. As I’ve clearly made known ’round these parts before, I’m a big fan of Jeff ‘Yak’ Minter and his whacked out space shooters. Hit the link below to watch the designer’s full session from GDC in which he talked Llamasoft, beasts in shmups, the evolution of Space Giraffe, and more. He’s quite entertaining in a down-to-earth kind of way, and it’s really cool to see the progress of his games over the years. Enjoy.

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2007/03/14/jeff-minter-talks-llamasoft-space-giraffe/

Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 22:17
Legend.

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Legend."

After having played your (excellent) game Echoes, I expected you would think that.

I have vague plans for World Domination
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 04:01
I sat watching this all this morning at around the time you posted it Rich. It was fun to watch his games progress over time.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 04:44
mutant camels brings back some memories, Ive only seen the european version.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 09:23
The hairy one is inspiration to all indi developers, I mean he's got more accolade than most 'pro' designers/coders, not that there's even very many designers who code these days.

I love the idea of chillout levels, now there's an idea worth borrowing Fog, Echoes is damn tricky but addicting, a little break every nth level wouldn't go amiss (pausing is for wussies).

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:56:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:56:38