Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Just popped in to announce something

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi people,

I just popped in to let you know that igLoader is now free!

Preamble: In celebration of the impending release of Harmony blah... blah.....

igLoader is now free to use, no ads, no money. The website and license is to be updated over the coming weeks.

The bottom line(s):-

* No license fee for freeware or commercial use
* No link back required (but it would be courteous)
* Unlimited licenses
* No feature restrictions
* No license expiry or renewal fees

** Important note: You may only distribute your own titles (IP) with igLoader, to distribute third party titles (IP) you will be required to purchase the correct license - more details on that soon. Indiepath Ltd reserves the right to refuse licenses to individuals or organisations, licenses are granted at our discretion.

How do you get your licences?

1. Visit igLoader.com and create a trial account
2. Wait for your account to be authorised
3. Login to the license tool
4. Download the SDK
5. Create your licenses and go live.

The product is always undergoing development, the next release will see the removal of remote license checking.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 11:49
What sort of market can you reach?

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 12:41
That sounds like great news.

Two questions.. what does (IP) mean exactly? And what is Harmony?

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 12:51
Intellectual Property (i think)

Indiepath
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What sort of market can you reach?"
I'm not entirely sure I understand your question however the technology is used extensively on casual games sites. For example, miniclip.com use the technology to deliver a number of their web games.

Quote: "Two questions.. what does (IP) mean exactly? And what is Harmony?"
IP = Intellectual Property, ie. It's your own code.

Harmony will be announced shortly, subscribers to gameproducer.net insiders are currently beta testing it.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 20:31
Wow, this is awesome! I looked into the trial version and found the process quite confusing and complicated, but for free I will have to delve further. Have been looking for a good solution for a long time. Thanks

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 22:27
Quote: "I'm not entirely sure I understand your question however the technology is used extensively on casual games sites. For example, miniclip.com use the technology to deliver a number of their web games."

yeah, nm didn't check the site properly.

I'm guessing that "Harmony" is igLoader v2, from what I get from the forums. As you have an MSN, I'll add you to mine tonight. There's something I would like to discuss.

Indiepath
Years of Service
User Offline
Please contact me via Skype as I no longer use MSN. Skype : indiepath.tim
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 00:59
This is very very cool.

If I was to upload a game using the PhysX sdk, would it require the end user to install the driver?

Time is ticking away.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 05:43
Yes, it obviously would, as the game is still run on the client-side.

Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 05:59
ok, I was just making sure.

Time is ticking away.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 06:08
Where is the website for this? I don't seem to see it.

@Raven, Your website is down. Do you have a new one?

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 07:52
Quote: "Please contact me via Skype as I no longer use MSN. Skype : indiepath.tim"

I'll try e-mail instead then I guess. Don't use Skype given the amount of unsolicited calls that seem to come through it; very distracting.

Quote: "@Raven, Your website is down. Do you have a new one?"

http://www.puffinteractive.com/studio (http://www.liandri.eu)
Was having arguments with Nominet who provided me with my domain, I refered to pay £120 for the .co.uk given I originally payed £10 for 2years; and I believe that it's taking advantage of people needing to renew their domain. As such they didn't release the domain, saying if I did't pay what I owed them (despite only having a 2year contract) that they wouldn't let rstudio.co.uk go.

I told them where they can stick the domain and bought a new one from Microsoft. Well I say buy, but the domain was free it was the office live service that was costing.

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 08:20
Damn that is some cyber black-mail right there. So your own hosting company is squatting on your domain. What is this world coming to? Can anyone say DOS??? ...

I'll see what happens with me. I'm a fool who payed for hosting for over a year, and honestly wasn't ready to launch my site. I spent some time on it, and then got busy with other stuff. So I never used it, and I just got an e-amil to renew my domain. My hosting was thorugh VERIO, lots of good stuff and support, but I'll admit I went to the high end of the spectrum figuring I would be selling tons of stuff that never came to fruition. The hosting was $29.99 /mo. And I payed that to display my zenassem logo.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 08:25
this is great!!!?!

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 09:52
Raven -- that's what you get for letting your domain name expire in the first place

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 10:44
the domain didn't expire, they sent me the notice they were going to charge me this ridiculous amount a month before it was set to expire.

what makes it more irritating is they left the domain up for 2 months and claim i know owe them £25 for that.. but the contract i agreed to ment that i didn't have to cancel the service it just timed out if payments lapsed. this is a month after i had attempted to get the domain moved to 1&1 away from nominet.

Indiepath
Years of Service
User Offline
You will need to install drivers as the executable is run on the client, albiet within a sandbox.

The igloader website is http://www.igloader.com
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 23:50
When is the site going to be updated with the free pricing? And the remote license checking?

Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 08:02 Edited at: 30th May 2007 08:07
Everytime I load up my application in Firefox it gives me an error: 14001 application run side-by-side error.

I tried using a different program I made (Used a DB one first, then a Visual Studio blank form after that, still not working) (using the same license), but to no avail.

I configured everything down to what the manual said, its really akward.

When I try in IE 7 it doesnt say anything, just doesnt load.

Note: It gets to the loading screen in FF. It says the name, but doesnt do anything.

Time is ticking away.
Indiepath
Years of Service
User Offline
I will update the site as soon as I'm back at work. I'm taking some time out as my wife just had an emergency operation.

Please post support questions to the igloader forum, the link can be found on the site.
The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 15:57 Edited at: 13th Jun 2007 18:30
@Indiepath: I hope she has a full and speedy recovery.

Regarding the news, I've know about igloader for a long time and while I always thought it was too expensive (I was planning on using OSAkit instead), I never thought it would go free under the conditions stated! Fantastic news indeed!

@all: Hi everyone, long time no speak! (or type in this case )

Leroy Frederick - Director / Lead Designer - ETERNAL SYNDROME™ ONLINE: www.ETERNALSYNDROME.com - “Play Your Emagination!”™
Indiepath
Years of Service
User Offline
I've updated the site to reflect the new license structure - I will make an official annoucement regarding this all very shortly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:43:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:43:48