Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Kill a boss and win the level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 17:51
I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I searched and found nothing. Does anyone have a script that when you kill an enemy (boss), you win the level? if you have one, could you maybe post it? If it is a complicated scrip, then I am willing to pay a bit but I'm pretty sure it can be done easily, so could any scripters help me?

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 18:00
No pay required,

you just go in his/her properties by right clicking and change isobjective to 1.

Hope this helps.

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 18:45
Didn't I already tel you how to do this??

different kinds of FPS
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 19:16
I tried that but it didn't work, is there an alternate script?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 19:25 Edited at: 24th Dec 2007 19:27
Here:

Set as it's destroy script, reply and tell me how it does.

-=EDIT=-
Forgot to say that you must have a winzone in the level for it to work, the winzone must be called "Win Zone",(without quotes).

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 19:50
Is Objective = 1 has always worked fine for me.

Coffee Grunt's script should nail it.

Own It, Or Get Owned...
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 20:30
Thanks, I'll check it out.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 20:36
Thanks coffee, it worked.

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 21:46
you could just set the enemy to is objective [b]2

different kinds of FPS
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 13:53
I said it didn't work, but coffee's script worked fine.
Quote: "you could just set the enemy to is objective 2
"

TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 13:56
Hi All,

sometimes when setting the objectives it doesn't work for example if you removed an objective an tried to re-arrange the remaining objectives .. I faced this problem before

then i was obliged to restart my level but setting the objective=1 is 100% right

Mr. Techno
The Creator of First FPNS Game created using FPS Creator
"Letters Kingdom" - www.letterskingdom.com
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 16:06
Quote: "Thanks coffee, it worked."

Good to know.

lozza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 18:00
I think that setting Is Objective =2 means you have to pick up an object to win. Is Objective =1 means you have to kill the entity.
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 20:15
i set to Is Objective=2 and it made it to where i had to kill the person

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 01:34 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2008 01:35
I want to make this perfectly clear to EVERYONE about the "Is Objective" property.

When setting the objective value of entities, upon playing the level the engine will compile a LIST of all the Objective values used in the level.

I.E. If you have an entity with an objective value of 1 and another entity with an objective value of 2, this list will contain the numbers 1 and 2.

When the player picks up an entity with an objective number then that objective number will be "marked off" on the list, stating to the engine that this objective is complete. This means that if two entities share the SAME objective, the player will NOT have to do both of them to mark that objective number off the list, he will only need to do one of them.

I.E. If an item has an objective number of 1 and an enemy has an objective number of 1, then the player need only pick up the item OR kill the enemy in order to complete objective number 1 in the list. The player does not need to do both in this case

You can use objective numbers up to 99 (From the last time I looked at the source, this was correct, it may or may not have changed).

Specific objective numbers do not mean anything! They are simply objectives in the list!

Q. How is an obective fulfilled?

A. If the objective is tied to an item, then the objective will be completed upon the player picking up that item. If the objective is tied to a character entity, then the player must KILL that character in order to fulfill the objective.

Q. So, then how do I clear a level?

A. The level will be completed once EVERY Objective number used in that level is marked as "complete" by the engine.

Please keep the above rules in mind when setting Objectives. It is easy to give more than one entity the same objective number, and so your level may not work correctly. I would suggest compiling your own list of numbers that have been used and on what entity, in order to prevent incorrect objective placement.

Thank you, that is all.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 15:53
Can an objective be cleared if a player goes near an object?

Was going to take a break... But I missed FPSC!
lozza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 17:43
Yes it can!

You can set a IsObjective on a trigger zone. So when the plr goes near your entity one of your objectives will be completed.

Thanks for explaining it by the way, Plystire
Srch
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I was trying to set the switch to "is objective" as well, and ended up having to destroy it to get it to work

I haven't had a chance to test the above script, and a more step by step explanation of how the key thing works would be handy.

also it seems to be that an entity set as objective, will complete the objective if it is destroyed, so maybe getting the switch to destroy something would work?

Another thing: Anyone on a way to have the winzone activate only when all other objectives have been completed?

At the moment if I have a few objectives and the winzone, the order in which you complete them is irrelevant, so if you go to winzone first and then kill the boss, the level ends when you kill the guy.

I would like the winzone to be the only way to complete the level, but for it not to be active until I kill some objective guys (or use triggers, or switches, picked or destroyed object, etc.)

thanks in advance.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:18:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:18:38