Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / PureGDK Open Beta - DarkBasic for PureBasic

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 04:47 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 04:53

Announcing the PureGDK Open Beta

PureGDK was created to bring the power of the DarkBasic Professional engine to the PureBasic language. The result of this effort has created a fusion which brings powerful 3D graphics to PureBasic and a highly sophisticated BASIC language to DarkBasic Professional developers.

What is PureGDK?
PureGDK is an intermediary compiler and a set of command libraries that interfaces the DarkBasic Professional and PureBasic language at compile-time. This allows DarkBasic Professional commands to be compiled and debugged right out of the PureBasic IDE. It also bring a powerful new command set to both PureBasic and DarkBasic users alike. Both DarkBasic Professional and PureBasic are required to compile.

Is PureGDK slower than a native DarkBasic Professional executable?
A PureGDK executable will run as fast and in some cases will execute the same DarkBasic command faster than a native one when compiled without the PureBasic debugger.

Will PureGDK be expandable?
PureGDK comes with support for 22 third-party plugins which adds over 1,000 new commands to the already impressive Darkbasic Professional command set. PureGDK also provides a plugin framework which allows anyone to effortlessly add support for their favorite plugin.

Where to download
The PureGDK Open Beta is free to all users who register for an account at http://PureGDK.com.

Experiment with the power of PureGDK early and take advantage of this unique opportunity to provide feedback and get a chance to see the functionality your want.

A Better Way to Program in DirectX 9

PureGDK is a 3D game and application developer’s dream come true -- it streamlines the entire process of incorporating powerful DirectX 9 capabilities into your software.

Create and update your software faster, with more time to focus on fun. With PureGDK you can get instant results with human-readable code without the difficulty imposed by other languages and hard-to-program graphics APIs. Build the software you want now.

The DirectX 9 Solution for PureBasic

Pure GDK offers you the power of DarkBASIC Professional, with complete integration into the PureBasic development environment.
PureGDK Advantages

The PureGDK advantage

3D Graphics for PureBasic -- Harness the power of the DarkBASIC Professional 3D engine for your PureBasic projects
Application Development for DarkBasic -- The PureBasic language brings powerful application development capabilities to DarkBasic Professional programmers.
Powerful Debugging Tools -- Full support for the PureBasic IDE and its powerful debugging tools
Multi-Core Features -- PureGDK takes advantage of parallel processing to bring enhanced debugging performance of up to 500%!
Add Your Own Features! -- PureGDK comes with an easy to use framework library for wrapping DarkBasic Professional plugins that you can program yourself in PureBasic.
Support for Third-Party Plugins -- PureGDK includes pre-built library interfaces for many official and popular community plugins. No need to wrap them yourself!
Access to DirectX 9 Internals -- PureGDK takes advantage of PureBasic's support DirectX 9 interfaces by providing complete access to the interfaces exposed by DarkBasic Professional and allows you to take programming with DarkBasic and DirectX 9 to the next level.

The DarkBasic advantage

DarkBASIC Professional is the most advanced games development package built on the BASIC language currently available. No other package out there makes it as easy to incorporate all of the special features and effects you see in todays games and no other package natively offers the benefits of Microsofts DirectX 9 technology. -The Game Creators

Binary Space Partitioning (BSP)
Potential Visibility Set
Pixel & vertex shaders
Real time shadows
True reflections
Lights
Matrices
Advanced terrain
Multiple camera views
Particle system
Lightning fast 2D sprites
Polygon collision detection
Bump mapping
Light mapping
Environment mapping
Multitexturing
Bone based animations
Cartoon shading
Rainbow rendering
Low level access of object data
Vector and matrix manipulation

The PureBasic advantage

PureBasic is a programming language based on established BASIC rules. The key features of PureBasic are portability (Windows, AmigaOS and Linux are currently fully supported), the production of very fast and highly optimized executables and, of course, the very simple BASIC syntax. PureBasic has been created for the beginner and expert alike. We have put a lot of effort into its realization to produce a fast, reliable and system friendly language. -Fantaisie Software

Huge set of internal commands (800+) to quickly and easily build any application or game
All BASIC keywords are supported
Very fast compiler which creates highly optimized executables
No external DLLs, runtime interpreter or anything else required when creating executables
Procedure support for structured programming with local and global variables
Access to full OS API for advanced programmers
Easy but very fast 2D game support trough dedicated libraries (DirectX, SDL, ...)
Easy and high quality 3D support based on OGRE
Optimal use of the available hardware by using highly optimized (assembly) commands
Source code is portable between AmigaOS, Windows, MacOS X and Linux, for games and applications
Dedicated editor and development environment
Integrated debugger to easily trace programming bugs.

What are you waiting for?
PureGDK won't be in beta forever. Go check it out at http://PureGDK.com!

http://3dfolio.com
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 04:49 Edited at: 21st Apr 2008 07:57
PureGDK has been tested to work correctly with a trial version of PureBasic but due to the impaired nature of the demo you will be able to run your programs only with the debugger enabled (Compiler -> User Debugger). You will also not be able to compile to an exe or take advantage of the full potential that PureGDK has to offer.

How to submit a bug
Do not e-mail support@puregdk.com. Bugs are not handled through this address. Please file a report at http://puregdk.com.

Features that require prioritized testing
All Commands that take advantage of the new vector and matrix structures. This makes the 3D Math command library is a prime target for bug hunting.
All of the currently supported plugins. Although all of the commands should work I have only have the opportunity to test the Advanced Terrain library, which works flawlessly.
The Basic 3D library has not been tested thoroughly and may have bugs.
dbSetInvalidCallback() should be bullet-proof but has not been thoroughly tested.

Important bugs to watch out for
Commands that pass longs or floats where they should pass a different type.
Silent crashes. If your PureGDK executable silently crashes when it should not please report a method for reproducing the error.
Failed error handling. PureGDK should capture all errors reported by DarkBasic Professional at runtime but sometimes it misses one. If this bug can be repeated please report it.
Report any missing commands/parameters after you have confirmed that it has not be removed or revised by consulting the command lists at http://puregdk.com.

How to wrap your own DarkBasic Professional plugins
http://puregdk.com/files/Plugin_Framework_Tutorial.zip

Here are the DB and GDKTables and source files for all of the non-commercial plugins bundled with PureGDK along with a list of changes that have been made for each plugin.
http://puregdk.com/files/Plugin_Framework_Examples.zip

And this is a list of the plugins that have been prepared for PureGDK Beta and their versions:

Here is some example code demonstrating dbSetInvalidCallback() and how to create a custom error handler.

This is how to embed the DarkBasic render window inside of a PureBasic window:

mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Couldn't register on your site.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 15:10 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 15:12
Hum,

Your project seem to be really interesting.

It should be more good if we can do this with DGDK
It's something I work on but wasn't able to complete.

I will register your website as soon as possible...

EDIT : Cannot register to your website too.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 17:00
I can register fine; make sure there are no symbols, and possibly no numbers in your password. That made my registration not work the first time. This looks very cool, I will try it out as soon as I get back to my own computer!

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
There was a problem with the form validation code that caused it to fail to display an error message. Forms should now tell you what's wrong with your form and why it doesn't submit.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 08:50 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 08:50
yes, now it Work (registration). I downloaded it yesterday.
I will report a problem today, I tried it with PureBASIC 4.20 beta and it returned me an error saying that "compiler returned a bad responde, maybe wrong compiler version" ... I'll forward you the exact message.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
PureBasic 4.20 is beta and has known problems with asm output and does not work correctly with PureGDK. Only the latest stable release 4.10 is supported right now.

If you have the same error using 4.10 please contact me over IM. This is a serious bug that was also reported by a user on the PureBasic forum that I cannot reproduce locally.

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 10:45
Mistrel : You have slowest server on whole world registration takes ages, login takes ages, download takes ages, instalation cant be done, becase, it shows me an error, thast I must be online ...... Iam on 40 Mbit internet at Technical University in Czech Republic

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 11:00 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 12:15
@Mistrel: Ok, cool I will install it on my PureBASIC 4.10 installation ( I have both 4.10 and 4.20 beta installed :p )

EDIT:

Did you decide if your PureGDK will be freeware or commercial ?

Is there any SDK to add support for commercial plugins ? I'd like to add support for both eXtends and 2DPluginKIT ...

@wh1sp3r: It work perfectly for me in less than 5 sec to connect and check my ID ...

FXTC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 12:21
Nice work
but your webhosting work very slowly.I have instaled DBP ,but if I instaled puregdk "PureDGK requires that Dark Basic Profesional".

AMD X2 3800+ dual core 1024MB RAM,2x200GB hdd,GforceFX5700GT128MB,IBM21"
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 12:29
Do you have the full version of DBPro?

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 18:53 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 18:54
da power pwnerer : yes, he has we work together I know, where is the problem. We moved to another pc and we copyied dark basic pro folder without installing

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 19:58 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 20:03
@Mistrel: I get the same compilation problem with PureBASIC 4.10 final:

"Wrong Compiler Response. Probably not the correct compiler version. Please reinstall PureBasic."

sigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 20:09 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 20:21
@Freddix, have you tried the examples with Debugger on?

AMD Athlon64 X2 4600 / 3 GH Ram / Geforce 8800 GTS-640MB / WinXP Home SP2 / Vista 64bit
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 20:23
yes, same problem.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 20:40 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 21:48
Quote: "da power pwnerer : yes, he has we work together I know, where is the problem. We moved to another pc and we copyied dark basic pro folder without installing"

PureGDK cannot install itself if you have not installed DarkBasic Professional correctly. PureGDK expects DarkBasic to be in the same directory identified by the INSTALL-PATH key in the registry. It won't work if you move it.

I've released an updated 0.4b that should fix the error people have been experiencing with a wrong compiler response. Please download and reinstall to fix this error.

If you still experience this bug make sure that there are no duplicate entries in your PureBasic tools (Tools -> Configure Tools) that may be pointing to an outdated Compiler.exe.

Please test and make sure that all of the examples run with and without the debugger and report any errors that you receive. If it fails to compile the first time please try again. It can fail from a problem caused by the PureGDK compiler. It's important to identify if this is a real bug or a misleading error from the intermediary compiler.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:05
I can confirm that with these changes, PureGDK now work perfectly for me :p

Sid Sinister
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't get the .fx example to work with vista, but with XP it's fine. The error says:

[ERROR]Invalid Memory Access. (read error at address 38781242).

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" -Isaac Newton
-Computer Animation Programming Major @ Baker.edu-
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 03:44 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 00:18
Quote: "I can't get the .fx example to work with vista, but with XP it's fine. The error says:

[ERROR]Invalid Memory Access. (read error at address 38781242)."

Does the same example work in DarkBasic Professional?

I've released a new beta 0.4.1 which fixes all of the reported problems people have been having compiling the examples. Download it from http://puregdk.com.

Added a tutorial and examples on how to use the PureGDK framework for adding command libraries for your own plugins.

See the second post for links and information.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 10:53 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 11:04
cool
Does this release contain the support for eXtends we've done ?

EDIT:
You should remove this line in your definition of PureBASIC:
Source code is portable between AmigaOS, Windows, MacOS X and Linux, for games and applications
Because the fact that DarkBASIC Professional is not compatible with AmigaOS and MaxOS X break this PureBASIC compatibility if the user use your PureGDK.

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 21:03 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 21:04
Quote: "Does this release contain the support for eXtends we've done ?"

It doesn't. I haven't had time to write the library for this one yet.

Quote: "You should remove this line in your definition of PureBASIC:
Because the fact that DarkBASIC Professional is not compatible with AmigaOS and MaxOS X break this PureBASIC compatibility if the user use your PureGDK."

What I'm citing is the PureBasic advantage. These are features that you inherently gain from purchasing PureBasic. Not all of them are supported by PureGDK.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 08:03 Edited at: 25th Feb 2008 08:04
Updates since the initial release:

Quote: "
0.4.5b - Feb. 25, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a bug which caused dbSetDisplayMode() to lock up the application and also fail to change its dimensions if the DarkBasic render window was the child of another window.
* Fixed a bug which caused dbSetWindowSize() to reset the DarkBasic render window's window style.
* Fixed a bug which caused dbOpenDBWnd() to fail to recognize its InnerWidth, InnerHeight, and Depth parameters if they were not passed as literal numbers.

0.4.4b - Feb. 24, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a bug which caused Sync() to swallow PureBasic calls to create requester windows (message, file, etc.) from a file menu when compiling without the debugger.

0.4.3b - Feb. 23, 2008 Changelog:

* The February 22 release was distributed with an older compiler version which caused some previously fixed bugs to return. This has been fixed.
* Fixed the missing optional parameters for the dbFixRagdollPointToObject() and dbFixClothPointToObject() commands in the 3D Cloth and Particle Physics library. The vehicle and ragdoll commands which did not appear in the documentation have also been removed.

0.4.2b - Feb. 22, 2008 Changelog:

* The DarkBasic render window no longer steals focus from its parent window when the ParentWindowID parameter is used with OpenDBWnd().
* The PureGDK executable will no longer hang when the program ends by reaching the end of the source or if the End command is encountered.

0.4.1b - Feb. 21, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a number of bugs in the installer and the PureGDK compiler that prevented some people from compiling the examples.
* Fixed a bug in dbSetAlphaMappingOn() which caused example basic3d-1.pb to render incorrectly with the debugger on."

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 04:00 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 04:01
New updates:

Quote: "
0.4.7b - Mar. 1, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a bug where dbSetWindowSize() would cause an invalid memory access error if it was called before any other PureGDK command.
* Added the command GetDBWndHandle() to find out the window handle of the DarkBasic render window at any time.
* Added the 0.4.1b dbSetAlphaMappingOn() fix to the installer. This bug was fixed but was not deployed.
* Fixed a bug where functions that passed one or no parameters did not properly catch runtime errors if the debugger was off.
* Fixed a bug which would cause dbSetDisplayMode() to fail if the VSync parameter was used and the debugger was on.
* Fixed a bug where DBPro variables were not being sent properly to .fx files when the debugger was on.
* dbSetWindowOff() has been removed. PureGDK is not designed to work with full-screen exclusive applications. Use #GDK_Window_Borderless and match the window to the screen resolution instead.

0.4.6b - Feb. 25, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a bug that occurred in 0.4.5 where the code that changed the dimensions of the DarkBasic render window after altering its resolution was left out.
* Removed the dbSetWindowLayout() command from the display library. This command is obsolete with the commands already available within PureBasic."

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 14:28
@Mistrel:
Maybe it's not a place for that but... I'm still waiting on my activation e-mail...

Make games, not war.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 21:21 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 21:23
Your e-mail (accoun@accoun.tk) bounced almost a week ago. If this e-mail is correct you can send another confirmation by trying to log in and then following the instructions.

If you believe this is an error please e-mail support@puregdk.com requesting a copy of the undeliverable mail message to submit to your domain host.

Or try using another e-mail.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
New beta.

0.4.8 fixes some bugs and adds support for the new DarkBasic Professional U6.7 callbacks. Support for U6.7 commands and updated parameters will not be added until it is an official patch.

Quote: "0.4.8b - Mar. 16, 2008 Changelog:

* dbMouseClick will now correctly return false if the mouse position is within the render window but outside of the client area.
* Fixed a bug which caused the Styx plugin library to fail.
* OpenDBWnd() will now throw a useful error instead of causing a memory access violation when it does something it wasn't supposed to do.
* Removed SetInvalidCallback() in favor of the new U6.7 callbacks. Use dbSetD3DDeviceCallback() instead to recover from an invalid D3D device. The new callbacks will work only when compiling without the debugger."

Here is an example of the new dbSetD3DDeviceCallback() command. This is useful for backing up the state of your application in the case of an invalidated render device and also for restoring the data in the same case. These commands will only take effect when compiling without the debugger.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 21:08 Edited at: 28th Mar 2008 21:08
More updates.

Quote: "0.4.12b - Mar. 28, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed several compiler bugs that were created by the 0.4.9b compiler rewrite.
* Fixed a minor bug that would caused a problem if the DarkBasic render window was embedded inside of an MDI window.

0.4.11b - Mar. 25, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a bug where dbObjectCollisionCenterZ did not have any parameters where it should have had one.
* Fixed a bug where dbGetPickDistance() and dbGetPickVector() could cause an access violation.
* dbConvertMeshToVertexData() doesn't do anything useful and has been removed.
* Revised dbCreateVertexShaderFromFile() to dbLoadVertexShader() and dbCreatePixelShaderFromFile() to dbLoadPixelShader().
* The following commands are now obsolete. Use dbGetD3DCapabilities() instead:
dbAlphaBlendingAvailable()
dbAlphaAvailable()
dbAlphaComparisonAvailable()
dbAnistropicFilteringAvailable()
dbAntialiasAvailable()
dbBlitSysToLocalAvailable()
dbCalibrateGammaAvailable()
dbClipAndScalePointsAvailable()
dbClipTLVertsAvailable()
dbColorPerspectiveAvailable()
dbColorWriteEnableAvailable()
dbCubemapAvailable()
dbCullCCWAvailable()
dbCullCWAvailable()
dbGetDeviceType()
dbDitherAvailable()
dbFilteringAvailable()
dbFogRangeAvailable()
dbFogTableAvailable()
dbFogVertexAvailable()
dbFogAvailable()
dbFullscreenGammaAvailable()
dbGetMaximumLights()
dbGetMaximumPixelShaderValue()
dbGetMaximumTextureHeight()
dbGetMaximumTextureWidth()
dbGetMaximumVertexShaderConstants()
dbGetMaximumVolumeExtent()
dbMipCubemapAvailable()
dbMipmapAvailable()
dbMipmapLODBiasAvailable()
dbMipmapVolumeAvailable()
dbNonPOWTexturesAvailable()
dbPerspectiveTexturesAvailable()
dbGetMaximumPixelShaderVersion()
dbProjectedTexturesAvailable()
dbRenderAfterFlipAvailable()
dbRenderWindowedAvailable()
dbSeparateTextureMemoriesAvailable()
dbOnlySquareTexturesAvailable()
dbTnLAvailable()
dbTLVertexSystemMemoryAvailable()
dbTLVertexVideoMemoryAvailable()
dbNonLocalVideoMemoryAvailable()
dbTexturesystemMemoryAvailable()
dbTextureVideoMemoryAvailable()
dbGetMaximumVertexShaderVersion()
dbVolumeMapAvailable()
dbWBufferAvailable()
dbWFogAvailable()
dbZBufferAvailable()
dbZFogAvailable()

0.4.10b - Mar. 19, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed bugs where dbTextWidth() and dbTextHeight() failed to return a value if the debugger was off.

0.4.9b - Mar. 17, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed bugs in the PureGDK compiler that should solve previous instabilities."

Here is an example for how to use the new dbGetD3DCapabilities() procedure. Use the structure viewer to view the details of the D3DCaps structure.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 17:33
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 20:06
How much faster pure basic is than DBPRO?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 01:16 Edited at: 25th Apr 2008 09:59
The fire demo from the newsletter showcases several features of PureBasic including:

Threads
Window callbacks
Linked lists
Enumeration
MDI windows
Gadgets
Windows API

The demo also demonstrates how to embed the DarkBasic render window into another and how to catch mouse input from the parent window using an API callback.

You can find more information about PureGDK on the PureBasic forums here:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=31201

Quote: "How much faster pure basic is than DBPRO?"

Most DBP commands run using PureGDK are just as fast as if they were called from a DBP executable. I've seen some functions execute faster but the real advantage is from the flexibility of the PureBasic compiler and the speed of the machine code it produces.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
New beta:

Quote: "0.4.13b - April. 2, 2008 Changelog:

* PureGDK can now compile to a threadsafe executable using the new PureGDKThreadSafe subsystem. Add this subsystem to your project under Compiler -> Compiler Options when compiling with threadsafe to use it. Only the core command can be used when compiling to threadsafe in this version. Plugins are not supported."

I'm looking to finalize things and start preparing PureGDK for its official release. Please keep those bugs coming, if you can still find one!

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
PureGDK.com's former host (DreamHost) has not been able to provide reliable service. I'm moving the domain to a GoDaddy as the new hosting service. All files from this domain will be offline until the move is completed.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 00:47 Edited at: 11th Apr 2008 00:52
Everything is up and running and the website appears to be fully operational. Please report any problems to support@puregdk.com.

Here is an example from the Dark Physics expansion pack compiled under PureGDK. http://puregdk.com/files/DarkPhysics-Bouyancy.zip

Dark Physics requires that you have the PhysX runtime library installed for it to function properly. This can be downloaded from Ageia's website http://www.ageia.com/drivers/drivers.html.

The command list on PureGDK.com is still available but should not be considered as the most up to date list of PureGDK commands. PureGDK now comes with a help file that will install into your PureBasic 'Help' folder. It includes entries and cross-references for the entire DarkBasic core libraries and some additional articles as well. The new help file is command-sensitive and will load the appropriate page when using F1 to bring up help on a selected command in the IDE.

There is also a new beta:

Quote: "0.4.14b - April. 10, 2008 Changelog:

* Fixed a bug where dbPickScreen() would cause a runtime error in rare cases.
* Fixed a bug where dbCurrentCamera() would cause a runtime error in rare cases.
* Fixed a bug where dbGetVertexDataVertexCount() expected a parameter where it should have expected none.
* Fixed a bug where dbGetVertexDataVertexCount(), dbGetVertexDataIndexCount(), and dbGetIndexData() would fail to return a value when compiling without the debugger.
* Fixed a bug where the camera commands would use the wrong camera after a new camera had been set and if one was not specified as a parameter.

* The following commands are obsolete and have been removed:
dbSetGamma()
dbSetGraphicsCard()
dBSetWindowOn()
dbFastSync()
dbSyncSleep()
dbSyncOff()
dbSyncOn()
dbLoadCDMusic()
dbCDTrackCount()

* The following commands have been renamed:
dbWriteToClipboard(Strings.s) -> dbSetClipboard(String.s)
dbNetGameExists() -> dbNetGameExist()
dbNetMessageExists() -> dbNetMessageExist()

* Added the undocumented command dbSetCameraClip()

* The following commands broke from the 0.4.13 thread safe update and have been fixed:
dbSetWindowSize()

* Plugin support was broken for the 0.4.13 thread safe update and has been fixed in this release.

* dbSetDisplayMode() now adds the the size of the window frame to the size of the new resolution when changing the shape of the window.

* Fixed a bug where the DarkBasic render window did not receive focus when a parent window ID was no specified.
* Fixed a special-case where the GDK compiler would not recursively parse include files. The GDK compiler cannot parse macro variations of IncludeFile and XIncludeFile.
* Fixed a bug where the GDK compiler would not be able to parse an include that used certain types of relative directories e.g. "../Dir".

* Runtime errors will now be reported at the correct line when using GetErrorLineNR(). dbGetErrorLineNumber() is now obsolete.

* PureGDK will now throw a useful error if OpenDBWnd is called more than once at runtime.
* Fixed a bug where the executable would crash if a PureGDK command was called before OpenDBWnd when compiling with the debugger.

* The PureGDK installer will now check for the existence of all necessary DarkBasic Professional components or the installation will fail. DBP components are now copied to the PureGDK installation directory. PureGDK no longer uses the root directory of the DarkBasic Professional installation when compiling. If your project uses plugins they must be copied to the PureGDK plugins folder to compile."

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Beta 0.4.14b has expired and the next beta is not ready yet. This is a big release with a lot of important fixes and improvements. Sorry that it's taking longer than expected. I'll have a new beta ready soon.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
PureGDK is very stable and is currently being tested internally as release candidates for the final version. I would like to thank everyone who participated during the beta testing process.

PureGDK will be released shortly within the coming weeks and will be available for sale at The Game Creators website as an 'upgrade' for DarkBasic Professional and also in a stand-alone version with DarkBasic Professional bundled with it. The stand-alone version does not require DarkBasic Professional to be installed prior to installation but a valid license is required to compile, hence the bundle.

I am also currently speaking with a French software publisher who is interested in translating and publishing PureGDK to French! I'll have more information on this soon.

Please delete all files from your PureBasic\PureGDK folder and PureGDK.dll and GDKCallback.dll from your Dark Basic Professional\Compiler\plugins-user directory. These files WILL cause problems in the final release if they are not removed and cause your compilation to fail.

Here are the updates for the final release. This list is still subject to change:

Quote: "* Fixed a bug where dbFadeObject passed a long where it should have passed a float.
* Fixed a bug where dbCalculateObjectBounds did not pass a parameter where it should have passed a long.
* Fixed a bug where the PureGDK compiler when compiling without the debugger where it did not report name of the missing library if a command was used from a .d file but the library was not present.
* Fixed several parsing bugs in GDKLib Builder for special-cases.
* GDKLib Builder can now properly parse functions that returned and or pass a double floats.
* Updated the plugin framework to support passing and returning double floats.
* Fixed a bug where the plugin framework allowed up to 18 parameters but could only process a maximum of 10 with the debugger on. This was been corrected to allow all 18 parameters to process.
* Fixed a bug where the installer would fail if the tools.prefs file did not exist before installation.
* Fixed a bug where functions from the 3D Math library which passed parameters "Vector2, Vector2, Matrix4" would fail to work properly if the debugger was on.
* Fixed a bug where dbRotateZMatrix4() and dbRotateYPRMatrix4() did not function correctly when the debugger was on.
* Fixed a bug where functions in the 3D Math library which returned a Vector3 result in the first or second parameters would fail if the debugger was off.
* Renamed GetDBWndHandle to dbGetDBWndHandle and added it to the documentation.
* Improved plugin framework performance when compiling with the debugger on by replacing a string parsing routine in favor of a bit mask.
* Added the dbProgramFilename command and added it to the documentation.
* Altered the way in which PureGDK creates executables so that it's compatible with firewall applications to allow plugins like Multisync to work.
* Fixed a memory leak in functions that affected core DBP functions that returned a string and the debugger was off and all plugin commands that returned a string.
* Fixed a bug where plugin commands that returned a string did not return the correct pointer.
* The PureGDK installer now requests administrator privilages before installation. This resolves issues that might arise when installing to the Program Files directory.
* Fixed a bug where PureBasic compiler errors would not being reported correctly passed the first line.
* Fixed a bug where PureGDK would build the executable with the debugger off if this option was specified in an include file regardless of the compiler setting in the IDE for the main source file.
* Note: PureGDK.dll and GDKCallback.dll must be deleted from your DarkBasic Professional installation directory if they exist from a previous beta otherwise they will overwrite the new DLLs created by the installer and cause compilation to fail."

Allan Hambrick
Years of Service
User Offline
Any update on this? I am anxious to spend some money

Allan
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
PureGDK is finished. The current delay has been due to rebuilding the website, writing the code to handle online orders, and negotiations with TGC.

PureGDK will be released shortly and sorry for the delay.

The new site for PureGDK.com is up: http://puregdk.com.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 01:37 Edited at: 10th May 2008 12:36
The demo for PureGDK is out and can be downloaded here:
http://puregdk.com/index.php?f=download

The final version of PureGDK is not compatible with the beta. Because the beta has changed structure several times there is no uninstaller for the beta releases. is recommended that you uninstall and delete your PureBasic and DarkBasic Professional installation directories before installing the demo or the final release.

PureGDK will be up for sale on PureGDK.com by next week and then from The Game Creators store shortly thereafter.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 12:36 Edited at: 11th May 2008 04:44
I've made some quick fixes for Windows Vista. The demo has been updated on the PureGDK website with these changes.

Quote: "PureGDK 1.0.1
=============

Bug Fixes:

- Improved the flag names for dbGetImage() so that they are more consistent with other PureGDK flags
- Fixed a bug in the installer which caused it to complete on Windows Vista even though it failed to perform a critical operation
- Fixed a bug in the compiler which caused compiling to fail under Windows Vista
- Fixed a runtime error caused by OpenDBWnd() in Windows Vista
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause a crash due to how PureGDK stored runtime error strings

The compatibility issues with Windows Vista did not affect executables compiled successfully on other Windows operating systems."

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
PureGDK is now officially for sale! You can read more about it here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=129723&b=5

And on the PureBasic forums:

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?p=244017

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:53:15