Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / S3D - New Utility for FPSCreator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 05:59 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 06:00
S3D allows users to load existing fpsc rooms and move around in free flight mode. The basic idea was to create a utility that would allow users to see and hear what their custom textures, music, sounds, skyboxes and material sounds would be like in fpsc without loading FPSC. S3D will NOT do anything you cannot do manually it just does it quicker.

My main purpose of releasing this Lite version in the forums is to get your feedback on the look and functionality of S3D. Does it look professional? Is it easy to use? How is the speed? Does the color coded textures help? Are the PDF files easy to read and understand? and of course does it run on your PC?

After installing please read the two pdf files to get you going on the right track.

Thank you all for your time and especially all the users that have purchased Signs which has allowed me to continue developing utilities for FPSC.

http://www.fpscOnline.com/s3dLite.asp

for feature requests:

http://www.blackdracogames.com/forums/index.php?board=58.0
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG!! tschwarz I am so glad the S3D - New Utility for the FPSCreator is completed..By The Way..You did a AWESOME Job!! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Tanya.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 09:38
Sweet program there Tschwarz.......

Looking forward to the commercial release...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 10:44
Glad to see you are getting ready to release this.An excellent addition to Signs.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 11:47
All the best with this, S3D is a very handy utility which makes working and creating segments for FPSC a pleasing thing to do.

Good luck.
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, looks very useful. Does it load lightmaps.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 15:21
This program is pretty invaluable when creating your own custom work...and you want everything to be "just right". It saved me a great deal of time, when I had to tweak my textures (going back and forth between a few programs, rather than making a single change and having to fire up FPSC for each change). The look and feel of the program itself is very professional as well.

I'm not sure if Terry put the tutorial into one of those .PDFs; but if anyone has any input on the tutorial itself, let me know about it (preferably on the link Terry gave)...in case I need to make any modifications/expansions on it, to make it easier to understand.

-Keith

Uechi
Years of Service
User Offline
I ran S3D Lite and pointed to my FPSC directory and did a save in the config application.
I then tried to run S3D Lite and got:
Run Time Error 105: File does not exist at line 1567

What did I do wrong? My FPSC Directory is on my E: drive which I pointed to.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 18:12
Thanks for the responses so far, I will be adding shaders, dark lights, multiple room layers etc... Since I have been really busy at work I felt it would be a great time to find out if it runs on everyones computer. So, let me know if you get an error or if it runs without a problem.
m man
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I ran S3D Lite and pointed to my FPSC directory and did a save in the config application.
I then tried to run S3D Lite and got:
Run Time Error 105: File does not exist at line 1567"

Yea I get the same problem
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 19:37 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 20:44
I'll look at the code and see what is happening around that line. I have tested it on multiple drive letters so, that part is good or you would get a meesagebox saying can't find fpsc please run s3dconfig. Thanks for the info.

EDIT:

Uechi and m man

Line 1567 is where it opens the (.s3d) user config file

Could you send me your config files.

1. Settings.cfg (is in the S3DLite folder)

2. ww2.s3d (is in the S3DLite\config folder)
Uechi
Years of Service
User Offline
My problem is fixed - I didn't have a config folder - re-installed and everything is fine. thank you
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 01:05
Nice application.

You seem to have a knack for releasing tools which genuinely make FPSC development enjoyable.

I'm not one for burying my head into really time consuming technical feats or research unless the outcome warrants it e.g. custom characters or something.

Being able to get on with doing your game rather than figuring out some technical detail with your evening makes a big difference.

Thanks. Would definately appreciate multiple layers and shader preview support.
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 03:50
Very nice program Terry, just like Keith said this is very invaluable when you want your segments to be perfect, Keep up the great work!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:37:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:37:37