Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Lua 5.1 Plugin for DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 05:38 Edited at: 5th Dec 2009 09:01
Edit: Update 12/5/2009 Important bug fixes.

Edit: Update 8/1/2009. Added and changed some commands to allow for better performance.

I've just finished my Lua 5.1 plugin for DBPro.

Features:
Execute lua scripts.
Access lua variables and tables from within dbpro.
Call lua functions from within dbpro.
Call user defined dbpro functions from within lua.

The ability to call dbpro function from inside your scripts requires IanM's Matrix1Util_20 plugin. I've included it in the zip file for your convenience.

The zip file is attached to this post.
Drop both dlls into the plugins-user folder.
Drop lua.htm into the help directory.
Drop boths ini's into the editor/keywords folder

I would've used Barnski's lua plugin, but it kept crashing on my computer, so I had to write my own. Can everyone please test my plugin to see if it works on your computer without crashing?

Enjoy!
Coolgames

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Barnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 16:39
Very good work coolgames!

I tried your plugin and your example code on my PC and it works well without any crashes

I see you included most functionalities of my plugin plus some more. Only thing missing is to execute any dbpro dll commands?

Maybe you could also try my latest plugin version and tell if it still crashes for you?

Anyways, I will recommend anyone having problems with my plugin to use yours.

Cheers!

coolgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 06:43 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 01:54
Thanks Barnski! I just recently tried out your plugin it still didn't work. I figured I didn't need to go to all the pain of allowing the user to call dbpro dll functions directly from the scripts. I would think that the ability to call user defined functions would be good enough, because they probably won't need to call the basic dbpro dll functions. If they did, they could just make a wrapper function. It would have been a pain for me to try to add it.

I've just recently uploaded another version of the dll just now that fixes another bug.

Edit: Never mind! Your plugin does work. I thought I had already tried out the latest version, but I didn't. It seems to work now. But I'll still use my plugin for my project.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 1st May 2008 10:18
@coolgames
You could just generate the calls automatically (For the DBPro functions).

I'll have an attempt at yours, coolgames.

PS: I downloaded the LUA SDK before, and it was missing some library files like auxlua.lib and liblua.lib or something like that, is there another package I have to download or something? Or can one of you guys send me the library files, please?

Cheers,

-naota

I used to do a lot of time traveling when I was younger. I called it tequila. I would drink this potion and wake up 3 days in the future! 'Where am I trusty dumpster? Get me home!' - Craig Ferguson
coolgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 17:21
I've just uploaded a bug fix that I've discovered. The error was caused when running user defined functions that have 0 arguments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:33:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:33:56