Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 10:44 Edited at: 18th May 2009 05:38
Ply's Mod - Official Thread

Now Merged with:

All downloads can be found on the official website below

VISIT THE WEBSITE

Ply's Mod Official Website

<<<< INSTALLATION >>>>

1) Before installing, ensure that you have V1.07 - V1.09 of FPSC already installed. Any higher version will cause problems.

NOTE: If you are using Ply's Mod V1.09 or above, you will instead need to have V1.15 of FPSC installed.

2) Change the name of "FPSC-Game.exe" in your "FPS Creator" folder to something different, like "FPSC-Game_original.exe"

3) Extract the contents of the .RAR into your "FPS Creator" folder.

4) Use FPS Creator as you normally would.

<<<< Videos >>>>

Preview Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgnq6JvIi0k

New Test Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGS7HWGiTdI

Decal Over-Ride Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB057AexCyU

Ply's Mod V1.07 Demo Game Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VnVwzmVxM

Notes:
This Mod was created with scripters in mind. If you cannot script, I recommend that you learn. It will bring much more functionality and better gameplay to your game. I have written many tutorials on the subject and they can all be found in the Official Community Guide by Nickydude.

If you have a question regarding the Mod, read the ReadMe file first before posting here for an answer. Many questions can be answered by simply reading it. If after reading the ReadMe and you still have a question, post it here.

The one and only,

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 11:18
It looks very nice.
I hope that 3rd person car and control wont be hard to script

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 11:57 Edited at: 31st Dec 2008 11:50
Prepare thyself, for this is the Script I used for the Humvee seen in the video:

!!!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!

Do not click this Code Snippet without parental supervision.
If contact with eyes occurs, flush eyes thoroughly and see Ply's Scripting Tutorials for better recognition. If irritation persists, close Code Snippet immediately.

It is documented somewhat, but most likely would require a very in-depth tutorial to understand if you don't have previous coding experience.

Anywhere you see "/////" is a comment on what the code is doing.

As complicated as this looks, my framerate suffered naught and maintained a steady 30-34 fps.

The script was MUCH MUCH simpler when I first made it, but since I wanted the video to look good, I vouched for putting in velocity and acceleration, as well as a "boost" control. Not to mention getting the player to come OUT of the car semi-realistically took up a bit of code at the bottom.

Vehicles absolutely do NOT have to be made this way. I went for a more "Halo" style control scheme, where you aim the camera where you want to go and the vehicle attempts to turn in that direction. Of course, you'd be able to make your own control scheme much simpler. Like, having A and D turn the car.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Gave you 5/5 on YouTube. Beautiful work, Plystire. Looks extremely well executed
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 12:22
Thanks, Errant.

I do try. Hopefully I can put together something a little more spectacular for the release. After all, the video shows very little of the Mods true capability.

I've been keeping track of some of the most wanted features. As well as features that I just felt would be rather useful.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 12:31 Edited at: 29th Apr 2008 12:34
Okay, I realise now that the above script may just scare people away, instead of encouraging them to look forward to this.

Hopefully this next script won't be as hard on the eyes.

This is the AI logic behind the Third Person Robot seen in the video: (With full animation)

Compared to the Humvee, this was actually very easy to accomplish (I think I spent about as much time making the Humvee script as I did making the actual Mod, lol)

Thanks to the "BindCamToEntity" command, much of the work is done for you. Using this command will force the specified camera to follow the entity. It will position the camera at the entity's location and angle it just like the entity, automatically.

Most of the code in the snippet is just checking what key the player is pressing, and moving/animating the entity as necessary.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 14:41
Now people can stop asking about drivable vehicles.

Cannot wait for this mod, Plystire. Will keep a close eye on this.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG!!!! I am in love!! Plystire you are the Man!! how much is the Ply's Mod V1.07 going for and when will this be ready? by the way..will the Ply's Mod V1.07 work with fpsc x10? I will be camping out for this...just like I did last night for GTA...keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 16:11
That is AWESOME, Ply. Can't wait to see how this will be used in games. Great work.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 16:24
While the the answer to the question remains the same (not without modding the engine) it was impressive to see it in action. I think the third person perspective while driving makes a lot of sense.

The possibility of reaching a position not otherwise reachable, crashing through a gate, etc using a vehicle would greatly enhance game play and the games reach.

Best.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 17:24
... Wow nice job. Very Very impressive work.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 17:46
Stop it! You're stealing my moment!

Looks great. Love the third person camera thing. Had to skim over it because of time, but can he jump? Could be interesting.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 17:52
This is truly amazing, I actually I could predict vehicles after the third-person, but still... I hate this!!! I can't decide between Airmod, which just released a slew of features and is very stable and as a small plus, is totally free, or this, which is well, amazing! Although, it no doubt needs some work. A turret you can change positions to would be useful for a tank or a Humvee with a mounted weapon. Also, what happens when you run over an entity? Does it react realistically? Same with the vehicle, does it react to falling, getting hit by explosions, etc? Even if it doesn't it's still glorious Hopefully this will quiet some of the whining newbs. Also, a better model with animated tires, a turret and a visible interior (maybe a possible First person view then?) would be very high-poly, but much more realistic looking. However, that has nothing to do with your mod so now I'm just nit-picking If you add Airmod, I may have to buy your mod and/or propose to you
Slayer_2

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 18:00
Tanya, none of the downloadable mods work with x10. If they did, say goodbye to water, bloom, and all other fpsc x10 features.[href]null[/href]

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 18:06
Quote: "how much is the Ply's Mod V1.07 going for and when will this be ready? by the way..will the Ply's Mod V1.07 work with fpsc x10?"

Haven't decided on price yet (If anything), and hopefully the release won't be too far off.

And, no, it won't work with fpsc x10. We don't have the source to that, so we can't make Mods for it. But if we could, you can bet we'd already be doing it.

Quote: "While the the answer to the question remains the same (not without modding the engine) it was impressive to see it in action."

The answer may not necessarily be the same. At least I can tell them that someone has already modded it so they won't have to.

Quote: "can he jump?"

If you can script him to jump (and I don't see why you couldn't), then yes!

Thanks for the support, everyone. I do hope not to disappoint when I feel it's ready for release.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 18:09
Well, as long as we get our hands on it sometime

[img]
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 18:12
...simply incredible, Plystire.

As I've stated before, you should be drawing a salary from TGC,
for all of the work you're doing.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
I am still going to buy Ply's Mod V1.07 is released. I can't wait..

Cheers,
Tanya.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 21:23
OMG Ply your are the man not only did you change the way we can make games forever. But you also changed the name of fpsc to
3RD/FPS Creator. Dude you are the Greatest EVER

now the only other thing that people would want in a mod is faster loading time and the ability to create large terrain ( hint hint) Anyway Great job man!
Once agian all your mods make me

ThanX
Punk13

[url=http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/jakepunkx13/toldv5.jpg[/img][/url]

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 21:49
Will V1.07 include some vehicle/third-person scripts as well as any new ones you are willing to share? (Maybe a flying vehicle), hint-hint

[img]
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:08
OK. I am going to compliment this mod in a way that maintains my dignity and sense of self, a graceful opinion that I will voice with utmost contentment:

DUDE, I LOVE THIS FREAKIN' MOD. U R TE S***! PLY MOD PWNS ALL N008 MODS. OMG! ROFL! NVM! TXT! DIY! BBQ! RANDOM ABBREVIATIONS!

[straightens suit] ahem. So yes, I can't say this doesn't ENTIRELY silence the cries of FPSC'ers everywhere. "Where is 3rd person? Where are vehicles?" Shut up noobs. It's all on here! Just some questions and crappy ideas that you are destined to not care about:

1) Do you have plans for expanding the 3rd person concept to enable combat, jumping, trigger-zoning, etc? I'll understand if you don't, but who knows...
2) Would you be able to get it so a character spawns at the default players location when you go into third person? A simple spawning script should work, right?
3) Will vehicles ever be able to kill people on a direct impact?
4) Will this be expanded further beyond it's release? Or will that be left to the community?

Anyways, congrats. You've re-defined FPSC, etc, etc. And I think I speak for all of us when I say: "gimme teh codez!"

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:22
Nice mod I especialy like the driving

SirEus game studios =___MAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF FPS___=
Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:46 Edited at: 29th Apr 2008 22:52
This looks awsome. I can't wait to gat it. Any plan to put this in the migration.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:48
Here's my Crappy question: Are you adding Airmod?!?

[img]
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 23:33
*Watches Third Person View* Oh...

*Watches enhanced movement in TPV* My...

*Watches duel wielding and driving* Gosh...

Those, have finally proven FPSC can handle a lot more than what TGC said it's limits were.

Now, with this engine:

You can make a 3PV game (Maybe, with a little modeling, and scritping, the main character can be in 3PV).

You can have a fully intergrated system.

Congrats Ply, this is great.

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
If this ended up being implemented into the official FPSC after the migration version, along with all the other great mods... we'd have the ultimate game creation software on our hands. But personally, I would be happy if only this were added after the migration, because then I'd seriously have all I really wanted wanted in the first place - the migration features/currently planned new features, and this - the ability for drivable vehicles... Things could get very interesting, very fast around here.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 00:06
I expect nothing less of you ply. all i have to say is about time for the vehicle only thing left for you to implement is a playermodel,

whats the intentions of this mod, did i miss that somewhere. Like are you trying to get it migrated to v2, or are you just gonna release it, not gonna release, make us buy it. what's the story?

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Scope
Years of Service
User Offline
This is fantastic. Great work. Can one adjust the camera height, for the 3rd person view.
Scope.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ply where's allies? LOL

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 01:03
Yeah, and turrets

[img]
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 01:17
This is sick. Why couldn't TGC do this? It isn't that much coding compared to some things. Please follow through on this, you may make more than you think.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:04 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 03:28
Quote: "1) Do you have plans for expanding the 3rd person concept to enable combat, jumping, trigger-zoning, etc? I'll understand if you don't, but who knows...
2) Would you be able to get it so a character spawns at the default players location when you go into third person? A simple spawning script should work, right?
3) Will vehicles ever be able to kill people on a direct impact?
4) Will this be expanded further beyond it's release? Or will that be left to the community?"

1) I was hoping to allow the user to easily set up a third person cam for themselves as well as an entity that mimics holding the weapons that the player is using. Of course, this is going to take a lot more modding and remodelling of entities to get working with dual-wielding.
2) This isn't a problem at all, and in fact, is just as easy as the Spy Bot script shown earlier. But instead of saying "bindcamtoentity=SpyBotCam", you'll say "bindentitytocam=0". Then, the entity will "merge" itself with the normal camera and always position itself accordingly. Perhaps some offsetting would be in order to get the character on to the floor, but that'll be pretty simple.
3) I have run myself over with a vehicle way too many times to count, lmao. I haven't tested that theory with an enemy, though. We'll see.
4) I don't plan to stop with V1.07, but with V1.07, I may take a break until Lee is finished migrating FPSC and releases the newest source. After all, I'm going to have to re-code everything in here for when the next source gets released.

Quote: "Any plan to put this in the migration."

Lee seems highly interested in not only the camera control system, but in dual-wielding as well. If all goes well, he'll put this in the migration. Since I hadn't completed this when I rant he idea past him, I'm not sure of his views on this Mod in particular, but I will wait to find out.

Quote: "Are you adding Airmod?!?"

No comment.... yet.

Quote: "whats the intentions of this mod, did i miss that somewhere. Like are you trying to get it migrated to v2, or are you just gonna release it, not gonna release, make us buy it. what's the story?"

Well, I plan to release the free version, like always. But it'll be watermarked.

BEFORE, any can complain about that, though, hear me out. I've removed the watermark that was in-game. Now, you won't even have to look at the watermark while testing. Instead, when you run a Built-Game, there will be a "Plystire's Mod" Splash screen (Shown at the beginning of the video), and on the Title Screen there will be a Plystire's Mod watermark (tiny thing) in the top-right corner. So... you won't be stuck staring at my name for the entire length of playing this time around.

Now, if someone wants to buy the Mod, I'm not one to say "No". I don't have a set price, so if you want to buy it just email me how much you think it's worth (within reason). Once I get enough feedback, then I'll set the price. If you buy the Mod, you get all subsequent releases for free.

I do hope I can get as many of the Mod's features into the migration as I can. Variables more than ANYTHING, is what I want put into the migration. If you looked at the scripts up above, you can see how invaluable they are to making vehicles. I thought about how this would go using the V109 variables, and it just got WAY too ugly for me.

Quote: "Can one adjust the camera height, for the 3rd person view."

Yes, when you create a camera, you can offset it. What this does is it positions the camera away from where it really is. Like for the third person demo: The camera is actually sitting at the robot's feet, but by using the offsetting commands I positioned it above and behind him.

Quote: "Hey Ply where's allies? LOL"

Go make them, then tell me.

You've been given the "settargetname" command in V1.04, and that's ALL you really need to make some craptastic allies, lol.

But yes, the scream for good allies has not eluded my ears. I wasn't initially planning on a system for allies in V1.07, though. I would like to keep from working on things that won't be addressed in the migration already. If Lee doesn't address Allies in the migration, then I'll see what I can do for everyone.

Quote: "Yeah, and turrets"

Make a turret entity and give it some AI. TADA!!! Turrets.

If you mean controllable turrets, then stick a camera on it with this system, give it some controls as well as a weapon (preferably flak, since entities don't need to target other entities to harm them with flak). Then script it so when the user clicks the mouse, it will "useweapon".

Quote: "Why couldn't TGC do this? It isn't that much coding compared to some things."

Compared to some things, yes, it isn't much coding at all. However, I had to fight off much of the engine to get it to accept the new cameras without fluking up on me.

There is a lot of stuff in the engine that just wouldn't comply with what I'm trying to do. In fact, I'm still fighting with it. Some things in the engine are just so intertwined that it's becoming slightly problematic for certain aspects. One of these is the ODE physics engine that FPSC runs on. Do you have ANY idea how hard it was to get the player to relocate instantaneously with a physics engine that only allows you to set velocities? Lol

@Everyone:

Thanks for all of the feedback and kind words.

I hope that I can bring you a good enough showcase with the release to show you just what this Mod is capable of. For an appetizer, I have the following planned for the showcase:

- Free Roaming between levels
- Shopping System
- Vehicle(s) (Naturally)
- Third Person Use
- Super powers

Okay, I went a little further with that list than I should have, but all of those are easily achieved with V1.07

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:15
Super powers? How about recoil instead.

The shopping system should be cool. It gives the player more possibilities with different guns. However it would be more effective in multilayer.

I wish TGC would make FPS Creator less 'noobish'. Not saying its bad, but square segments aren't going to make a commercial map. If they implemented a terrain editor, and map editor much like Valve Hammer, 3D World Studio, or Cartography Shop, then it would really have what it takes all in one. I'm sure commercial titles with the FPS Creator Engine would sell.

But sadly, we are stuck with basic square segments, and a lack of custom (smaller) segments to make finer details to buildings, hallways, rooms, and other important details.

I would go out and buy 3D World Studio, but I have no clue how well it will perform in FPS Creator. I don't know if the lights will render without leaks or errors, I don't know if the terrain will lag the level up, and I know that there will not be different walk sounds and bullet holes if I import it as an entity. The only possible way to get a commercial map into FPSC with 3D World Studio or an alike program would be to make multiple segments of the map depending on material. This is the only way you can get the proper bullet holes, blood splats, shadows, and sounds.

Then more people would buy that $1000.00 commercial license of theirs. I would if I could get a commercial project done.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:26
Super powers!!! Yay! I'm Nomad, king of super powers in video games As for the Water-mark, I'm fine with it, you deserve recognition for your mod, as long as we can use it commercially Another thing, could you make your Water-mark a little more... attractive? I mean, the red writing on the black background is very nice and all but you need a logo or something Something that screams "Plystire", maybe a black helmet with a green visor that says "~PlystirE~" on it No Airmod yet, waaaaa I hope Lee opens his eyes and adds this and Airmod ASAP, with permission from their authors and some reimbursement for their tomb-raiding of course
Slayer_2

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:37
Quote: "Super powers? How about recoil instead."

Great idea!!! Why not check out "Ply's Mod V1.06" which includes "kickback" for weapons. It's a very simple effect, but it wasn't possible before, and it sure makes handling heavy weapons much harder, if that's what you're going for.

Putting a terrain into FPSC wouldn't be too hard as an entity, and if made correctly, the bullet holes should act just fine.

Modding FPSC to allow an outside terrain would take a little bit of work to get it working correctly with the ODE physics engine, though. Also, if done correctly and by a clever modder (Not saying I'm to be this modder) you could have a terrain editor that allows you to specify footfall sounds on a "per polygon" or "per area" basis.

I agree that the segment system doesn't make for a very commercial feel to your game, but you gotta remember the crowd that this was targetted towards. Newbies to game creation aren't going to necessarily have the level designing talents or patience to make levels the hard, professional way. What I would like to see is two different modes in the Editor, one mode would be for placing segments/entities/markers/etc on the grid, and the other would be for doing it the Cartography Shop way, one tilted box at a time.
The only problem with this, is the physics in FPSC for enemies and items is mainly geared towards the simple box-like segments. It's not very common to have an enemy react kindly to standing on another entity.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:39
Quote: "Great idea!!! Why not check out "Ply's Mod V1.06" which includes "kickback" for weapons."
Holy cow, I just wet my pants laughing there

[img]
Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
How long did you have to have no life to make that?!!!!Amazing.

Signed, Zeldar
.....what?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 04:26
About... 4 days or so. While I was making the scripts, however, I had a life.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 04:45
Oh really? I thought all modders had no life, I sure don't

[img]
Chris Ganuza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 05:00
wow... that is amazing. Awesome job!

CG
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Wonderful! The best yet! When I saw your control entity part, I was wondering if vehicles would be possible, and then... My wish came true! Just two questions:

So as I am aware, Lemur is on hold until V2 comes out, but if you are done with all of your mod's cool features, will it be included? I wouldn't mind paying an extra 5 or 10 dollars onto the price of Lemur for this.

Is it possible to add something to the gunspec.txt to make that gun unable to dual-wield?

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 05:48
Yes, you can set which weapons can dual-wield

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 05:55
Quote: "So as I am aware, Lemur is on hold until V2 comes out, but if you are done with all of your mod's cool features, will it be included?"

Lemur is being released for Free by Urlforce. Just be patient and wait for it. Once it is released, it won't be supported. No bug fixes will be made, nothing. It is being released for the sake of saying that it was released.

Quote: "Is it possible to add something to the gunspec.txt to make that gun unable to dual-wield?"

Gosh, makes me wonder if ANYONE read the "ReadMe" in V1.06 of this mod.

That was already a feature included in Ply's Mod V1.06. It was documented in the ReadMe included as well.

If you want to know what else is in V1.06 without downloading it, here's the ReadMe.txt for it.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire , got your email. Will send a reply later tonight.

Quote: "What I would like to see is two different modes in the Editor"

I'd almost like to see two or more different FPSC products for different skil levels, like Lego does.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:00
one more question, is this mod going to be mainly performance and gamplay aspects, no bloom , or any of those nifty shaders you made in lemur, or similiar to them?

and also, you think your mod would run well on a low-med spec computer, or will be mainly for powerhorse computers.

Death has no end
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:15
I think they technically already have that going on, Errant.

You got the Duplo Blocks for toddlers, equivalent to T3DGM.

You got the mid-level Blocks for ages 5-10, equivalent to FPSC. (No offense to anyone, just making an analogy)

Then you got the Lego Inventors for the higher ages, equivalent to DBP or DGSDK.

At least, that's the way I look at it.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:19
*cough* Lego nerd *cough* Me to actually, I sued to love that stuff

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:22
Whoops, missed your post Bloodeath, lol, didn't see second page.

The shaders.... yeah .... The video had the shaders in them. Sometimes it was obvious that there was Bloom in there. Like on the lights in the area where I picked up the guns.

I think I may remove the shaders for the release, however. I don't want to have people thinking that I'm trying to compete with EfxMod or anything. I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be and just say that I'm not going to be putting shaders into my Mod. Efx was made for the graphical enhancements to FPSC. Nighthawk has done a wonderful job with that.

I, for one, don't believe graphical implementations bring much to your game, though. Water will be the exception, but only if physics accompany it. I think that the only thing you're doing when packing your game full of "eye candy" is bringing the framerate closer to it's knees. As such, to make Ply's Mod as compatible with lower end machines as I can, I most likely won't be including Water/Bloom.

Ply's Mod was devised under the concept that gameplay makes or breaks a game, and NOT graphics. If a game plays like crap, no body's going to care how pretty it looks.

So to answer the question:
Quote: "is this mod going to be mainly performance and gamplay aspects"

Gameplay, yes.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:25
kinda dissapointing, but i get what your saying.

just putting it out there

id pay 20-30$ for this mod ply, like if it was done right this second, id already have paypal up and ready

Death has no end
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:28
So you wouldn't pay for it if it was done tomorrow? Lol

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:00:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:00:37