Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

NVIDIA Competition 2008 / [PhysX Comp 2008] Antigroup's Ultimate Rigid Body demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 23:42 Edited at: 10th Jul 2008 09:27
I have decided to make a rigid body feature demo. I plan to cover all of the major features of rigid bodies. As well as the little helpful ones such as triggers and raycasting.

So far I have made only one little display set.
It is a set of stairs on top of which you can drop different objects with different materials.
Right now I am working on setting the mass of the objects to be realistic.

Couldn't get images to work right, They are in a .zip file attatched to post.

Other than the rigid bodies falling down the stairs, it demonstrates the character controller interacting with the objects. That is all I have got so far. It is far from finished. But it looks pretty cool.

I also created some videos of it with hypercam but they are too big for youtube or the file uploader on the forum. I didn't want to decrease the quality of the video too far, it is already at 85% compression.

http://download207.mediafire.com/byciitvyrcvg/ymkzbqzyl44/Demo+Images.zip

I understand that my demo has far to go. So don't tell me i'll never finish or that it sucks. I would prefer constructive criticism with a compliment. This is my first real DarkBASIC project.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 00:15
@ Antigroup: Well, I would like to say something, but I can't see your pictures? (Browser FireFox 2.0.0.15)

I wish you all the best for your entries, cause you use the demo, right?
Last time (2006) the DarkPhysics-Demo for the competition was without some functions that where available in the full-version! (I had to bypass some stuff with DLLs from the forum! It also was my first try in DB-Pro. Last time custom DLLs where allowed.)
I didn't ended under the top entries!

Hoozer

AMD64X24800+(939);2GB;GF6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.4):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109846&b=5&p=0
Antigroup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 09:14 Edited at: 10th Jul 2008 09:41
I have FireFox 2.0.0.14 and they work for me.
edit: lol I just got the 2.0.0.15 update.
Give me a little bit and Ill put them on a different source.
Antigroup
Years of Service
User Offline
Added some dominos. And a big rock.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 01:55
I suggest you take the demo template found in the free trial version download and place your physics demo inside that, then add some scaling. This will give you a better presentation and show you have thought about scaling for different machine specs. Good luck though as the rigid demo category will be tough competition.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:59:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:59:48