Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Terror Lab - my dead game (sample available)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 11:05 Edited at: 30th Jul 2008 13:32
Hi community

This 3-level game is a sample design, what has ended up in vaporware. This mean that full version of this game will never reach to release, I believe that. However, I decided to show something, what I've achieved for this goal. An age difference of give up of design and release of sample is just over one year. The main point of sample is show my map design, maybe for later plans...

Levels of sample version is 1, 5 and 6, what are unfinished but at least they are worked at test session. Bugs will be found and loading can take long time, depending of your computer capacity.

Cause of game development stop is that game creator software's (FPS Creator) limits blocks development. I have started game making for interest, I have emphasized to level design, I have used lot of time and that matters has teached well to develop design skill but finaly, I don't like software's user interface any more. In big maps design bugs has toppled to prevent design's final use too. All fixing of bugs and embroiding of interface can be too big job. Fortunately this isn't the end of the world because the game has been finished only low fraction. I am also satisfied for experiences what I have got through The Game Creator and this community and I want to give praise for them. Anyway, I will continue hobbies with other things but still I have interested same lines that may continue to do with own maps as well for games Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2.

P.S. Sorry my bad english, I hope you understand my text.

A sample version download (119 MB):
Finnish Gaming Community
Filefront

YouTube walk through video

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
Screenshot 5

ArskaWeb - my personal site
petsall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 13:57
looks good

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your sig and help him on his quest for world domination!
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 15:18
improve some of the lighting but it does look good like the computer desk

gamer for life
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 15:58
I noticed something at the end of the vid, it looks like the game crashed on you...

It looks great, add some more things in the begginning and some lighting and your looking at one great game here.

Come Back When You Could put up a fight!!
GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 15:59
Great work, I would however use bond1's zombies. Mainly becuse everyone uses that docter and his are much more scary.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 16:51
Looks pretty good; I'll have to check this out later.

-Keith

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 23:18
It looks pretty good, but I would've sworn that you've pointed a camera at the computer screen...

Adriano jones
Arska
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 16:21
Thank you for comments for everybody

@ Adriano jones: Did you mean screenshots? I've taked them from walk through video. Sorry them quality, I am lazy.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Wasn't that zombie doctor Bond's anyway? Yeah, I think it was.

Astek

-Indestructible-

Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 20:29
From the screens (haven't dled yet) nice looking hud O:
Btw just for the count. It wouldn't be classed as a 'sample'. Demo
Sorry; had to. Anywho dl'ing now. Looks promising =]

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Arska
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 23:32
I can't remember closer (1 year ago when I've maded maps) but I think I've used zombie's uncensored textures. And they can be from Bond1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:50:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:50:44