Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / New to FPSCreator? Start Here...

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 18:18 Edited at: 6th Feb 2010 18:12
Welcome to the easiest way to create a First Person Shooter (or just about any type of 3D game you can think of) Game!

First of all; if you haven't been able to find a download for the free version of FPSCreator, just click here. For the commercial version, click here.

With FPSCreator, you won't be making the next Half-Life or Doom; those games were created with massive teams and resources. But don't let that keep you from striving towards your game-design goals. At the very least, FPSCreator is an excellent way to learn the complete game-design process; from inception to final product. Additionally, online FPS gamers can create fully-functional Multiplayer Games. Some teams can use FPSCreator as a "virtual sketchpad" to mock-up a test level, before committing valuable time to actual level design in another engine. Other developers have used FPSCreator to create a First-Person game that involves no guns at all (such as mazes). For artists; FPSC gives you an easy way to see your media in a real game environment.

Whatever your goal is, FPSCreator (coupled with an excellent Community and valuable media found in the forums, as well as the new [url=]TGC Store[/url]) can help you reach it quickly.

There are many resources available to you (many for no cost whatsoever). Here is a list for your consideration:

- The Official Community Guide to FPSCreator (created by Nickydude), can be found [b]here. This is an invaluable resource to people new to FPSC, as well as those of us who consider ourselves "veterans".

- Official Video Tutorials can be found here.

- A Comprehensive List of 3rd-Party Tools for FPSCreator; some are free and some require a small fee for use. Find this list here.

- A list of Member-Created Tutorials for FPSC; find it here.

- Various Member-Created Free Content, from around the Forums. Find them here.

- The new Game Creator Store (TGC Store), allows you to download both free and commercial (for a small fee) media for use in your creations. RickV discusses the Store in this thread; and you can see a live-action video of the Store here (click on the video).

- A List of Free Programs to help you create custom content can be found here.

- An up to date list of all Mods (Engine Modifications) can be found in this thread.[/b]

To see some of the best work done with FPSCreator; check out the Community's Best of the Best (BOTB) thread here. Click here to view/join the discussion on the BOTB.

Also, keep an eye out for any Member or TGC sponsored Community Competition(s). You may be able to grab a few commercial products without parting with a dime.

So I encourage you to download FPSCreator, join the community here, and see what you can create. Please be sure to read the AUP (Acceptable Usage Policy) and direct any billing/support questions here.

If you want even more power out of your creations (and use Windows Vista); check out FPSCreator X10 here, as well as the FPSCX10 Discussion Board. For requirements and specs click here.

**Some people have purchased FPSC Creator, and had problems building their levels (it wants you to upgrade from the Free version, even though you've paid for it). Here is how to fix that problem:

Close FPSC (it must not be running while you do this) then open the userdetails.ini file in the main FPS folder and add your name and serial number:

[PERSONAL DATA]
YourName=Name goes here
YourSerialCode=Serial number goes here
YourFullPath=C: Program FilesThe Game CreatorsFPS Creator

[LOCALIZATION]
language=english

There should be no space between an equals sign and the text.

-Keith
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 21:59
Pretty cool, perhaps we'll have less "where is teh modells" threads....

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 06:14
Hopefully this really helps. From what I'm reading, this is extremely easy to navigate through. So this should definitely help.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 20:27
Hi KeithC

Excellent thread and very useful.

Quote: "With FPSCreator, you won't be making the next Half-Life or Doom; those games were created with massive teams and resources"

I think your summary of FPSC as a game engine is one of the best I've read but I really do believe it is possible to develop the next Half Life or Doom.

In most cases the output quality of a game is a product of the quality of talent that goes into it rather than basing its potential purely on the perceived quality of the engine it's being developed with.

If you had the team that made Half Life or Doom making a game with FPSC I'd be happy to bet it would be pretty special. I think the only limitation with FPSC is the amount of time you have to dedicate to it and learning all the other aspects of game development well enough to produce really high quality custom content.

I can honestly say that even after almost 2 years of developing with FPSC it still continues to impress and make me enthusiastic about its future. Sure if you do an apples to apples comparison of FPSC to Unreal engine 3 or ID tech 5 it doesn't stack up but thats never been the point with FPSC.

It's about what's possible to create by a single bedroom game enthusiast with no budget, resources, programming knowledge or other game development skills. Something which none of the next generation engines can claim.

If anyone is thinking they would have a chance of producing their own first person shooter to the same quality as one of the best FPSC offerings within a higher spec engine such as Leadwerks v2.1. A $150 engine with 'some programming knowledge required'. I invite you to have a look at the following 'getting started video'.

http://www.leadwerks.com/files/Tutorials/CPP/MSVC_Setup.wmv
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 21:01
What? I can do that in my sleep!

It's while I'm awake that I'd struggle.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 22:30
Quote: "It's while I'm awake that I'd struggle."
It's while I'm sober that I struggle. Lol.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 04:11 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 01:48
If you're new you might also wanna buy the things in my sig... Lol...

For Sale- Very Useful for TGC Forums!!!
Flame-Proof Jacket- $19.95 Flambait Fire Extinguisher- $34.99
BUY THEM HERE
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 22:47
An independent review of FPSC worth reading.

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=966

Also take into account this was posted in 2005 and doesn't account for the 3 years of updates, improvements, mods and custom content released since then.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

How can I put a image in my signature?

Greets,

Red Eye Productions

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bloodes7.jpg
---.::Copyright© 2008 Red Eye Productions::.---
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 00:31
Quote: "or Doom; those games were created with massive teams and resources"

Sorry for nit picking but... Doom(original, not doom3.) was created in a few days with a small team of around 5 people :S

>_>
Anyway, I approve of this thread as "godlike(10/10."
=D

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 02:33 Edited at: 18th Oct 2008 02:35
Thaks, Matuka. Not sure about creating the original Doom in a few days (lots of sprites and coding, etc.); but I'm not sure that style of game would be played by many today (except for the retro crowd).

Quote: "How can I put a image in my signature?"

Click "Profile"---> under "Your Profile", click "Forum"---> then, in the signature block enter the following:

Make sure your image file has an actual link (instead of trying to point it to your C Drive), from a site such as image shack or your own FTP.

-Keith

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks KeithC

Am doing it now

Very Helpfull

Greets

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bloodes7.jpg
---.::Copyright© 2008 Red Eye Productions::.---
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 11:03
Keith check your email important one in there for you.

watchinu
Years of Service
User Offline
what about if you want to buy a bundle FPS Creator with the 3D Gamesmaker for £33, does all the model packs come with the FPS Creator?
fps somewhat new user
User Banned
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 07:23
Actually, you may be able to create the next half life or doom. I think that it would only take a few people. One to build the game itself/use the actual FPSC program, another to manage the stories (using a 3d maker or something), another to create custom entities, using character studio, etc. Although it would cost a lot of money!!!
Overall, you did a great review. Nice job.

Tom
adam gordon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help Keith

I really appreciate it

Eclipse 914
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats great and all,but how do I create doors correctly? So far I have created a door between 2 rooms. But yet when I open the door, I just see another wall blocking my way.

HELP!

New to FPSC from Silent Walk and loving it!
stringy
Years of Service
User Offline
nice colabaration of info im pretty sure it will help me cos i am a noob at this sorta thing
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 22:59
@Eclipse:

Use the door SEGMENT and not the door ENTITY. The segment will chop a whole in the wall for you tow alk through.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
GnRSlash
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

I'm new here at forum, and new to this world.
I have FPS Creator and I am having problems to create a simple light with light switch because I set the ambience lights to 0 (zero), but I am thinking that is a bug because some scenes has lights and my switch didn't work sometimes.

I started a new map, put ambience lights at 0 (in File -> Build game -> Level Settings -> Global Settings (is it right?). After that I put a light dynamic and a switch... (the same of all the tutorials), but didn't works....

sometimes the scenary is not dark, sometimes the light didn't work... I didn't understand yet... is this a bug of fpscreator?

thanks a lot

†GnR† Slash
"Pode um homem realmente fazer a diferença?"
ted2u1
Years of Service
User Offline
I know everyone in the forum has seen this a hundred times, but I can't find it ?

I am getting an error in in fps Creator when I try to use the regular compiler that it can not find compatible Direct3d Devices ?

Could someone be so kind as to solve this for me and explain to me how am I going I am going to get your answer one here.

Ted, a newbe and a complete dummy.
graphics
Years of Service
User Offline
I am new so be patient...I have a problem in my game when I fire off any gun it seems to have a white square for the fire effect you still see the muzzle effect but no smoke or anything but a white square...please help
Kidec
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 00:49
How long do I have to wait for you to stop approving my messenges? Some answers I need very quick and I'm not a type of guy who would mess up with forum... You are a moderator, you can help... Right?

Help nooby to be a pro
Acmeman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 22:28
Hello peoples! I'm new to FPSC (free version) and i have a few questions:
1) is there any site i can get model packs for free?
2) Every time i try to buy a sky in the GC store, it doesnt WORK!
3) When you kill an entity, is there a way to take out the blood?
4) Do you like pancakes?

Be Breezy!

Joe Brown
Jak Pennin
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1) is there any site i can get model packs for free?"

I really don't think that is appropriate.
i may not have posted much, but i know for a fact that this place isnt where you should be posting that sort of question.
if there is (and there probably is, torrents are all over everything now) it would be illegal and therefore you should not ask about it.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war ~Shakespear~Julius Casear~Act 3~Scene 1
Acmeman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 00:03 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2009 23:50
...sorry, i'm just a really poor guy. The only thing i can afford right now is points, wich by the way i can't get because every time i try to buy them it says, THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED, i REALLY want to knoe howe to fix that dumb problem.

Joe Brown
Acmeman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 23:57
By the way, does anybody know how to chane the sky? i bought new skyboxes(free)and all i wan't to know is how to use them.

Thanx

Joe Brown
Game Precursor
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey can you put FPSC games that you make on a CD?
Cyberdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 22:15
Gotta keep it under 700MB.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 22:24
You could always write it to a DVD instead....much more space to work with. Could even create a collection of games.

Acmeman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 18:36
[quote]By the way, does anybody know how to chane the sky? i bought new skyboxes(free)and all i wan't to know is how to use them.

What i meant to say was, how do you change the sky in the free version of FPSC? i've been DYING for an answer.

Nannerpus likes pancakes.
Indiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 02:08
Hi, I was just wondering about this part of the sentence:
Quote: "Doom; those games were created with massive teams and resources."

Doom was made with only 10 people, and that wasn't a massive team, that was a small team.

32 bit Windows Vista Home Basic, 2 GB RAM, 101 GB Hard Drive ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 128 MB, Pixel Shader 2.0
SL1200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 01:59
Firstly hi to all, im a newb in the FPSC side so need some help plz

1. i bought the full version of FPSC which states
"Create your own First Person Shooter games on your PC. This is the full download version with build game and a license to sell what you make." so why do i have to goto game creator store and buy 2000 point to upgrade so build game button works, i feel completly ripped off and want to ask you guys before i raise it as complaint.

2.it says i only have 3 installations of the software is that 3 diff pc's or 3 installs in total.

3.I use blender as my modeling tool i can export my models and get them into the FPSC toolbox but cant get UV textures to work.
Any Help on this would be really great.
SL1200

Every man i meet is my superior, and being that, he can teach me something new.
Acmeman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 23:57
That depends...did you download the gamecreator app seperatly, that could be your problem for buildgame. Im a noob too, so i THINK that might work.

Nannerpus likes pancakes.
LukeChalloner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 19:53
[quote]Thats great and all,but how do I create doors correctly? So far I have created a door between 2 rooms. But yet when I open the door, I just see another wall blocking my way.

HELP!

-I think I may be able to help you here, when you want to add a door, first go to the SEGMENTS tab and choose a door from the scenery tab, then place it in your level, the door will be fully functioning and work properly. You probably made the mistake of putting a door in your level using the entities editor - Hope this helps
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "A Comprehensive List of 3rd-Party Tools for FPSCreator; some are free and some require a small fee for use. Find this list here."

I tried Game Starter but the link was dead and i got spam.... Hope its still on?

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2009 19:24
quick question, why cant real torch flashlights be made in fpsc?

shadow666
pm72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 19:27
Hope this is not a double post:::
Introduction; new to FPSC. Bought DBPro studio, and then came across FPSC freebie. It is supplied with DBPro Studio. I've been jumping around the Forums just to see what they're about. Right now, just going through Tut's and the ocfpscguide. Right now no questions, but I already know, they're a-comin. Hopefully, I won't be to big a pest. Have no clue as to programming or graphic generation. All for now.

Computer - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x 2 dual
Core Processor 3800 + 2.01 GHz, 2.00 GB of Ram
NVidia GEForce 8800 GTS, Sound Blaster Audio Card
Bloodaxle
Years of Service
User Offline
please someone help! I have been searching forever on how to find out how to use the packs and scripts that u cant download off the forum.

~*Trip-n*~
Bloodaxle
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i figuered out how to put downloaded stuff in the creator but how do i upload my games to my site

~*Trip-n*~
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 06:04
Use freehosters like rapidshare or megaupload.com, you get a link and you can copy it to your site.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 16:12 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2010 23:48
Or if you want a filehost which is easy to use and doesn't require all who download it to wait for a specified time then use MediaFire
http://www.mediafire.com

knxrb

IrishMike
Years of Service
User Offline
Just bought my FPSC and waiting for it to arrive.

I would like to say that in my opinion, after using engines like 3D GameStudio and Torque, both of which claim to be 'out of the box' game makers, that FPSC is truely the only engine that takes all the hard work out of games creation.

3DGS is limited, and need scripting and mods to create unique games. You need to by the expensive version to get and originality in your games.

Torque needs scripting, unless you intend on buying all your models,sprites and textures. Even then you still need apply your entites to the game, and then theres AI, menus and general Obj interaction which is a no go for non coders. Once again its the expensive version thats needed to be honest.

As far as i can see (only used Demo) FPSC has everything the others have except the its genuinely easy to use. I was shocked to find shaders were, first of all available, and then simple to apply. Segments click together! genious, collision is done for you! brilliant! Doors dont need scripting, dynamic lights done, physics done, levels, scores, health done etc.

Everything seems to be in a menu or property list, this is exactly the way it should be.

Some may say that this is entry level stuff but really there very little between this and the big boys out there and this only costs €30 not €230. I think this engine is only a few buttons and menus away from being a complete games maker (RPG FPS and sandbox game) maybe thats not whats intended but surely that would be fantastic.

Good Job, now hurry up and process my order damit!

hmmmm...signature....let me think..............no i can't come up with anything funny.
pm72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 06:30
Quick question:

Bought full flavored FPSC after buying DBPro. Saw Ply's Mod in action and would like to use it.

My FPSC shows version 1.?. Do I have to install all the upgrades or can I just install v1.15 and use Ply's Mod?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

XP Pro/Computer - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x 2 dual Core Processor 3800 + 2.01 GHz, 2.00 GB of Ram
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 04:58
@pm72:you should upgrade to V115, and then use Project Blue UM because Project Blue has Ply's Mod, Airmod, and S4mod all together. The only bad part is that you have to pay for it to build the game(you can test it however).

pm72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 17:37
Dar13 --- Thanks for the info, will look into PBUM purchase along with upgrading.

XP Pro/Computer - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x 2 dual Core Processor 3800 + 2.01 GHz, 2.00 GB of Ram
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 02:21
@IrishMike

Your absolutely right.

FPSC is the only game engine to actually deliver a development environment which a total non coder can make a decent game with and people with modelling, texturing, animation and scripting skills can make an exceptional game with.

The engine has come a long way too especially with things like shaders which the community has been mostly responsible for.

FPSC is truly versatile and the possibilities of making a killer game are limited only by your imagination and development time available.

I have also tried those other engines you've mentioned and FPSC is genuinely way ahead of the competition as far as indie development is concerned. It does make you wonder why other game makers haven't learned from the success of FPSC in allowing the user to focus on making a great game rather than understanding how the engine works.

If TGC had a bit more time to spend on updating FPSC X9 and X10 who knows how good this software could become. The migration should be a good milestone for both engines.

For me this is the single most important piece of software in my toolbox.
Sibilant Rogue
Years of Service
User Offline
can some one plz email me or pm me a guide to creating levels and everythimg i need to know in fps creator.[email]

Wow... what a noob.10 kills and 36 deaths...pathetic.
Fyfer08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:48
Hello
I'm not really new to FPS Creator but i want to know when you go to build game and you want to put your game title into the menu. How to you edit the change name one.

Thanks for any help
[center]

Ally
Kalex91
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 19:15 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 19:44
Im confused.. if all the special edition FPS creators with the dvd run out when i go to buy it, does the normal FPS creator work the same because people are talking about upgrades that you have to pay for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:15:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:15:51