Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Build Game Upgrade?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 07:44 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 08:57
Since i updated my FPS Creator to v1.13 from v1.07, there is no longer Build Game option, but instead it says "Build Game Upgrade" which costs a whooping $20.00 in the TGC store. This exact same thing used to be part of 1.07 and other versions (free), and now it cost money???? What the [swearing will not be tolerated, even with asterixs - slapped]???
To me this seems like a TOTAL RIP-OFF!!! I really need some clarification on this.

Also, how do i make dynamic doors (use) to turn into dynamic doors (key) or which open by remote. In door entity properties, i changed setting to key, and in the key entity i typed in the name of the door I will use this key to open. But this doesn't do anything! So, need help!!!

Also I tried installing an S4mod on v1.09. ( i downgraded from v1.13 to 1.09). I followed the instructions on how to install it, but when i boot up my FPS creator i see no difference on how it looks. Maybe it supposed to look the same, but when i test the game with it, i always keep on getting an error message of some line segment out of bounds or something ( i don't remember what it actually is). The point is it is the EXACT same error (the exact value of x00 something ) when i try to test the game i made from other versions, or the one i made with this mod. Seems weird to me.

Oh yeah, i had this FPS Creator since like 2005 or 2006, but couldn't make a single complex game due to my 3 year old Dell Dimension 3000 ( 512MB RAM). I was hoping this S4Mod will fix the stupid lag, and give me water effects.

D.K.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 11:18
Would it kill you to search the boards for an answer first?

Also, I'm willing to bet the title of your FPS Creator window has the word "Free" in it.

To answer you next question of "Why am I using the Free version instead of the full version?":

There is a file you need to update with your serial number to unlock the full version because of the upgrade you downloaded. This has been answered before and I suggest you search for the specific answer on the boards here.

Now chill the _____ out and search calmly next time.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 12:18
The file you need to update is in your FPSC folder, and it is called

userdetails

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 17:30
dude calm down you dont need to so something that'll get you slapped to get peoples attention

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
Xwarrior 10
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks, i fixed it. But honestly for people like me who rarely go to these forums, I'm quite surprised that FPS Creator did not automatically detect that i was using the paid version. And yes, searching for something like "userdetails" would have never occured to me.

Anyways, i still need some help with other 2 questions. And please don't reply something like "search" cause i already searched enough for free models here, and I really don't see anything specific to above questions.
All i need is maybe somebody give me a link to how to make dynamic doors use "key" as i said above, and how do i fix that test error i got before with s4mod if i want to go back to v 1.09 again.
Also is this the only mod that is designed to make FPS creator run well on low end machines? (currently my computer is retired). I really need to get rid of that awful lag when i test my game.
Besides that I'm willing to try to make some games again with this FPS Creator, cause the latest updates V1.09 and higher that came out this year have seriously boosted the performance on my PC.

D.K.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 11:11
Door Question:

Change the script it uses. You'll find scripting help in the appropriate board.

S4Mod Question:

I suggest asking S4Real, since he made it. Other than that, if you're looking for optimizations, then you'd probably be better off with the latest updates, as Lee has done a great deal of optimizing the engine in them.

Oh and.... search. It really does help. And searching returns better results if you only use 1 or 2 words. It searches for exact phrases, so keep that in mind.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 02:37 Edited at: 18th Oct 2008 02:39
[u]SEARCH!!!!!!!!!

KEYWORD: FPS FREE

EDIT!!!

LINK: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=135912&b=21

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:02:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:02:18