Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 V109 BUG REPORTS

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 02:06 Edited at: 27th May 2009 14:59
Hello Fellow X10 Users,

You will find the V109 update as part of your auto updater, just check for updates and get the latest version. Change log below. Please feel free to report bugs in this thread as this will be the main area from which the bug fixes for V110 will come from. Thanks for your support and if you also find solutions to some of your problems, post those as well to help other users who may be struggling, thanks!

Here is a log of the changes:

V1.09 BETA 9 - 29/04/09:

* Tweaked internal layout of physics code for better future integration
* Prevented player from jumping when in swimming mode (no jumping out of water)
* Rate Of Fire for characters fixed (reversed and machine independent)

V1.09 BETA 8 - TAKE TWO - 18/03/09:

* Fixed bug causing some models (MP19 and 20) to warp vertex data on loading
* Fix for skinning.fx (which uses texture array) not to get texref from multimaterials
* Fixed MOVEFORE and RUNFORE FPI actions to allow slow movement of characters
* Correction of Y-offset alignment also meant scaling account of ragdoll creation
* Updated Map Editor to reflect new enlarged entity binary data structure (noragdoll)
* Solved object culling problem for models that use VERY LARGE source geometry/frames
* Force universe geometry to FVF274 on import as some segments can use wrong format
* Fixed memory leak when lightmapping universe (conversionmap not needed in LM)
* Fixed memory leak caused by two texture blocks being created over each other
* Added new FPS Creator Cleaner EXE to X10 update installer (to clear old BIN files)
* Fixed UNDERWATER speed to timer based system (slows down aquatic movement)
* Solved bug of low resolution VWEAP D2 texture being chosen over higher D.dds
* Fixed RATE OF FIRE for DARKAI modules, using FPS independent system (timer based)
* Fixed bug causing normal maps to leak onto character textures that do not use them
* Raise ragdoll character based on scale to keep them aligned to floor
* Corrected ragdoll scaling in ODE DLL to pass in the scale based on the SCALE field
* NORAGDOLLs do not execute their destroy scripts, they just stay there
* The CULLING issue does not work for the Tourus guy, fixed for large objects scaled down
* Did not copy over all DDS and JPG from gun folder when building EXE, now all files copied
* Uploaded MP17 and MP18 with new X10 normal and specular textures, and MP3 for TGA/DDS correction
* Allies will no longer shoot at spawn points of characters relentlessly (only when characters appear)
* NOTE: You do not need to use APPEARSPAWN in AI INIT, simply activating characters spawns them
* Changed spawn default to fade in entities rather than instant-on, can be changed in script if needed
* Amended head bobble code to timer based so it is not so irratic at high frame rates

V1.09 BETA 7 - 24/02/09:

* Fixed memory leak when lightmapping universe (conversionmap not needed in LM)
* Fixed memory leak caused by two texture blocks being created over each other
* Force universe geometry to FVF274 on import as some segments can use wrong format
* Fixed RATE OF FIRE for DARKAI modules, using FPS independent system (timer based)
* Fixed UNDERWATER speed to timer based system (slows down aquatic movement)
* Solved bug of low resolution VWEAP D2 texture being chosen over higher D.dds
* Fixed bug causing normal maps to leak onto character textures that do not use them
* Added new FPS Creator Cleaner EXE to X10 update installer (to clear old BIN files)

V1.09 BETA 6 - 20/02/09:

* Corrected material table to move 'underwater' to slot 17 (avoids MP3 slots)
* Redirected hard-coded underwater sound triggers to material 17 in footfall code
* Applied character entity scale to ragdoll system to correctly size ragdolls
* Model Pack 3 found to be destructive to X10 materials (new Model Pack 3 due)
* Model Pack 9 found to use a semi-transparent sword texture (changed KATANA)
* DIFFUSE stripped from models loaded into X10 (not used by shaders and import)
* Model Pack 19 - Above fix solved weapon texturing problem (no corruption of UV)
* Model Pack 19 - Above fix solved disappearing universe (ideal=FVF274)
* Model Pack 19 - Changed SKINNING.FX shader to WRAP (to solve negative UVs)
* Fixed bug causing some models (MP19 and 20) to warp vertex data on loading
* Above fix solves remaining MP19 bone animation problems when HW shading employed
* Fix for skinning.fx (which uses texture array) not to get texref from multimaterials
* Above fix solves character texture problem in Model Pack 20 - now working fine
* Fixed MOVEFORE and RUNFORE FPI actions to allow slow movement of characters
* Finally fixed scale vs Y-offset of characters (and other entities) (MP20:Taurus)
* Correction of Y-offset alignment also meant scaling account of ragdoll creation
* Added three legacy X9 scripts from the DESTROY folder (needed for noragdoll mode)
* Added NORAGDOLL field to the entity FPE fields (to switch off misbehaving ragdolls)
* NOTE: Remember to delete all DBO and BIN files from BINFILES (entity binary changed)
* Updated Map Editor to reflect new enlarged entity binary data structure (noragdoll)
* Solved object culling problem for models that use VERY LARGE source geometry/frames
* Model Pack 21 tested against BETA6 - looks okay

V1.09 BETA 5 - 10/02/09:

* Fixed problem of MP9 multi-material meshes being used even if one material used
* Fixed texturing order of multi-material meshes (needed to apply each texture)
* Cross hair images no longer enhance alpha by 255% when using RGB values (mode 9)
* Added normalColor.w = Diffuse.w; to PS_Simple in weapon.fx (semi-transparency)
* Above completes Model Pack 9 compatibility (and related models)
* Model Pack 10 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Modified GUNSPEC of MP10 FLAK to remove texture field (not needed for multimat)
* Model Pack 11 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Model Pack 12 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Model Pack 13 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Model Pack 14 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Model Pack 15 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Model Pack 16 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Modified THROW10.FPI to ignore ammo reduction (as characters have 9999)
* Fixedn new bug - X9 characters floating above floor (_entity_coreobjectsetup)
* Fixed rare bug causing some object numbers to exist in AI_CONTROL but not exist
* Related fix as above to prevent GUN_FREE to use the OBJ variable (corrupting)
* Model Pack 17 tested against BETA5 - above fixes resolves all issues
* Fixed gun texturing bug where texture specified in GUNSPEC.TXT but ignored
* Model Pack 18 tested against BETA5 - looks okay
* Fixed SCORE BUG causing any player target score to exit level immediately
* New field "disablecamerasmoothing=1" in SETUP.INI will disable camera view smoothing
* Added support for widescreen aspect ratio if window desktop resolution warrants it
* Player can now surface and remain above water to breath & move as though swimming

V1.09 BETA 4 - 04/02/09:

* Solved problem of characters muzzle flashes pointing the wrong way
* Also fixed problem of guns not aligning when GPU instancing is active (over ten characters)
* SCALE feature of FPE reinstanted for Model Pack compatibility
* Above change will affect all default X10 assets that have a SCALE=X where X<>100
* Re-Converted MP9 entity meshes to standard, and converted _N back to DXT5
* Fixed crash caused by unchecked SOUNDSLOT access in MP9 gunspec.txt (only have 5)
* Fixed bug causing MP9 weapons to mess up. Removed ignoreflag in ResetFrameMatrices
* Above change significant in relation to object transforms - be extra aware!

V1.09 BETA 3 - 16/01/09:

* Solved problem of one MP6 weapon confusing gun and ammo texture in multimaterial setup
* Fixed problem of bullet scorch using face normal, now uses calculated surface normal
* Confirmed model pack 7 now works (slopes, diagonals, ramps, platform pieces for scifi and ww2)
* Confirmed model pack 8 now works (Egyptian segments, entities and false/trap script entities)
* Fixed bug causing holes in static scenery not to draw the sky beyond (Egyptian hatch)
* Confirmed model pack 8 Bonus now works (more Egyptian segments and entities)
* Fixed bug causing only one particle (smoke or steam) entity to be created
* Added slight randomness to particles so many smoke entities close together look natural
* NOTE: Currently Model Pack 9 in testing - MP9 crashes when loading 1911 gun (fix for BETA4)

V1.09 BETA 2 - 14/01/09:

* Upgraded to DirectX 10.1 (November 2008) for compressed to uncompressed conversion enhancement
* Above to handle compatibility with X9 crosshairs of which some are compressed (MP5 okay now)
* Fixed a few errors in BASE.FX, SKINNING.FX and WEAPONHAND.FX related to DX10.1 update
* Updated SKINNING.FX and WEAPONHAND.FX to correct clipping plane problem with DX10.1
* Re-introduced multi-material mesh rendering in X10 rendering (though it is not ideal on performance)
* Above introduction of multi-materials is not as complete as X9 (and does not support advanced shading)
* Fixed some weapons from disappearing due to the model have meshes with zero vertexcounts in them
* Locked weapon to mouselook as weapon delayed rotating caused flickering and visual artefacts
* Added proper defaultrelief.dds in texturebank common for models that need a default relief map
* Updated WEAPON.FX and WEAPONHAND.FX further to offer non-relief technique for basic textures
* Above solved problem caused by relief shader being applied to weapons with only one diffuse texture
* Added DIST reading to entity debug information so can determine 'exactly' how far they are
* Prevented invisible spawn points from displaying entity info so can clearly see visible entities
* Fixed problem of entities updating visual when plr is within 500, now does a quick update at start

V1.09 BETA 1 - 10/01/09:

* NOTE: Do not insert a space before the .EXE in Build Game Executable
* Added additional MATERIALS to the audiobank folder
* Added old PEOPLE FPI scipts back in for legacy support of non-DarkAI scripts (movement code)
* Fixed ATI bug which caused visual artefacts when mipmaps where generated on a DDS that already contained them
* Fixed ATO crash bug when call up IN-GAME MENU (grabbing game screen pitch vs width error in screensave function)
* Fixed bug which forced 9 mipmaps to all image loads. Now loads however many mipmaps in file, and generates if only one mipmap
* Fixed bug causing weapon alignment of newer X9 character in X10 to corrupt, now uses new SET OBJECT FROM OBJECT ORIENTATION
* Above fixes allow MODEL PACK 4 media to be used in X10 without modification of any native assets (TEEN mode)
* Fixed bug causing some models that have very small bones to corrupt ragdoll, now fixed for all character structures
* Above fix allows MODEL PACK 4 media to be used in X10 without modification of any native assets (MATURE mode)
* Fixed lightmap collision check against transparent textures so it uses CPU_READ instead of CPU_WRITE_DISCARD
* Above fix solves the problem of large complex level geometry reporting failure to create X10 texture (during lightmapping)
* Fixed bug causing X9 uncompressed crosshair images to show a black square when loaded into X10 (MP5)
* NOTE: Still does not handle compressed crosshairs (DX10 does not support comp->uncomp conversion like in DX9)..

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 02:36
Nice work!

Thanks Lee
shoot me
Years of Service
User Offline
I was reading some of the posts re: no support but alot of people dont seem to relize that alot of times IT has a lack of people to support. I deploy software for over 50000 people nation wide and there are only 5 people in our group. great job on the update!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 05:16
Can't wait to check it out this weekend.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 05:54 Edited at: 10th Jan 2009 06:04
Hmmm, my fpsc-game.exe crashes when putting the 'medic' character from model pack 4 into the the level "marbletrick" in the effect folder.
It crashed when I assigned DarkAI and just the default script to it.

EDIT:
I found the problem.
It seems that model pack 6 guns don't work anymore. They used to work with me if I changed their scripts to "weapon.fpi" but now it crashes the game, so its not model pack 4.

EDIT2:
I love the zombie surgeon with ragdoll, its awesome...

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 08:01
Arrgghh, you would do this when my Vista machine is in for repairs! I'm gonna have to tell the shop to get a move on. I'll be checking this out on tuesday.

Do you know why this is happening with window refraction Lee? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jsv8KLvOoKQ - [i]This is in V1.08, not sure if it's fixed in V1.09

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 09:39
Very nice lee although my model pack 4 still doesn't work models dont show up on screen but do in editor the same thing happens with all custom media i make in X10

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 09:39
Lee,
This took care of most of the issues with the ATI card except for the guns.You can still see through them (like the mp40).
Overall an excellent improvement even with what little time I have had to test it.
Thanks again.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 12:27
i downloaded it and on every level get an error if he is loading the guns. what's the problem?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 12:33
Although I'm happy that X10 is finally getting a respect on updating, I tend to stick to X9 as that does contain better features than X10, but I will download this update and test. Thanks Lee for starting the X10 update process though!

-FCV

Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 13:17
Quote: "Added old PEOPLE FPI scipts back in for legacy support of non-DarkAI scripts (movement code)"

does this mean all of the custom character animation like bond 1's will work in x10 now ?
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 14:59 Edited at: 10th Jan 2009 15:05
i also noted problems with refraction,
must be in build works ok testing the EFFECT-AllEffectsToFull.fpm.
and is ok in EFFECT-WindowRefraction.fpm
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 15:50
loading, loading active guns, error,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 00:23
Why are you screaming?
Anyway, yeah, mostly guns that crash fpsc-game.exe Lee.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 18:43
I,m sorry about the caps I was not screaming I forgot that caps mean you yeah and sorry lee. but when you get hit by a bad guy like a zombie and your power go to 0 and you die the game crash. this is a must fix for if anyone making a zombie game. once again sorry about the caps I,m just trying to help. zbvid tunnels don't work right. model pack guns 5,6,9 and 10 don,t work system crash. thank you so much lee for going back to the old scipts. can't wait for the final v109. for right I,m going to keep testing so that final can be a stable keeper. because I believe we all was waiting on this for along time. thank you so much lee and the everyone at tgc and bond1 and cheese cake for making a gamer dream come true.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 18:52 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 01:23
Hi Lee

I'm an ATI card user and all the rendering issues I had before with draw distance have gone. Great job

Nice to see theres now support for non Dark AI scripts and I've tested an X9 melee script successfully. Only thing I'd mention here is that allies only recognise enemies using Dark AI.

Lastly, I've noticed the 'instancing' map crashes when loading entities (see attached pic) and if I try to load the 'juggernaut LO' character entity the same thing happens.

-Edit - Just in case it helps I'm using an ATI 2900XT

Ragdoll fixes are a nice touch and game building / lightmapping seems faster now with smaller file sizes.

Overall a great start to v109. The ATI graphic issue fixes alone make this a must have upgrade.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 19:34
I use nvidia 8800 gt oc 512mb juggernaut lo character does not cause a crash when loading the entities on the instance map. I'm saying this to help lee to understand the problem better. I also test the character hit problem again with the dark ai script the game does not crash so it's the melee script that made the crash happen and the bond1 script. the old shooting scripts work fine no crash. as always just trying to so everyone big game dream come true.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 23:07
update about when a enemy hit you until you die crash. it maybe not the scripts. when a enemy hit you until you die with a enemy without a weapon. for example the egyptian pack characters the anubis which has a weapon in his hand kills you the game does not crash. the mummy that has no weapon in his hand kills you the game will crash. same for the fantasy pack characters the minos kills you,the game does not crash. i'm not talking about gun like weapons but like a axe or a sword in there hand no crash. with bare hands like the mummy or zombie game will crash. the model pack 4 zombies hit you until you die but no crash happens. another problem is the fantasy pack characters, like the satyr or the crusader some of there textures in up missing on them. all under v109. hope this makes the fix easy to deal with lee.
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 20:44 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 20:45
I haven't done any tests to really stress 1.09, but I'm very glad to see things moving just the same. Thanks Lee!

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 21:22
Thanks for the encouraging response to testing, and the feedback is great so far. Just as a quick progress report, I have fixed the crosshair bug from MP5 and updated X10 to use the new November 2008 DirectX which is now DirectX 10.1 (which supports compressed to uncompressed conversion which I needed for X9 legacy support). The way I am working is to go through each Model Pack in incremental order. MP4 is fine for me, and I am now mostly through MP5. There will be issues that I am not reproducing from Model Packs that I may say I have completed, but we will deal with those seperately as I need more info to reproduce the exact cause on a per system basis. I have also not done extensive tests on the first beta as I wanted to release it before the weekend.

The refraction issue is likely a video memory issue as they require very large normal maps, but that is just a guess until I can run some tests on the specific card showing the bug. I am especially very interested in those crash reports, so for those make sure you are using a standard installation of X10 with no custom media, and provide a good step by step and FPM on what I should do to reproduce your crash.

After such a long time working on X9, it is great to swim in the ocean of DirectX 10 again.

Just as a quick vote, how many of you would want to buy models from the store if I integrated it into X10? I see the fixing of bugs and adding the store as two seperate updates, but perhaps you have a feeling that the store needs adding as a matter of priority (say, over adding minor V109 features).

Also, just before anyone asks, I am only moving to DirectX 10.1 for the compression conversion feature. I am not planning to upgrade the product to DirectX 10.1, and it will not take advantage of any DX10.1 enhancements. We are strictly DX10.0 feature wise until further notice (although you will need the latest November 2008 update from Microsoft for this update onwadrs). And also, before I get the emails, we have no plans to do anything with DirectX 11 right now. I think you will agree we have enough on our plates

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
mk82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 21:27
I'd like to buy models from the store for X10.
Theres my vote.

Im mk83's little brother! (who cares anyway)?
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 22:01
yeh, would like too!
and ofcourse it would be cool to sell some stuff, like segments and models

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 22:31 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 22:32
Hi Lee,
As you can see, content is a big concern with X10 users.
Hopefully integrating the TGC store with X10 will encourage
modellers to create X10 content!! (Although I think we need
more support from TGC to help us create content)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 22:34
yes you got my vote on fps x10 models plus when is bond1 coming out with horror pack I can't wait to buy some more of his models. my game is waiting for it. about the crash the model pack 17&18 characters are not custom. the mummy is so far the only character that make the game crash when he kill you. the satyr or the crusader textures missing like the textures on the arm or leg of the character. the color is gray. I have tried a lot of characters from packs or that I buy from the store. I will keep you updated on what packs works and does not work. I hope this makes the test process much more easy. but the crash happens because a line could not be found. for example line 16081 could not be found. just use the mummy from pack 17 or bond1 green zombie2 from the store. the model pack 4 zombies work great no crash or error. I tried all the for model pack 5,6,9 and 10 they all make the the game test crash shuts down the program. so far the Dark Egypt pack is working. but I will say this the program runs a lot more things than before so to that great job on the fix for fps x10. I love how bond1 new zombies look in the game. if anyone has not tried the brute works on x10 and looks good. also morphtactic rooms works and looks good on x10. but I have tried all his rooms yet. I'm going yo keep testing so 109 could be a true game making program. thank you tgc for making a great program.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 23:38
I see no need for an update to directx11 I truly agree so much one plate. fps x10 has all the custom you need. as soon as x10 gets good with most of the model I leaving x9. because there is so much I can custom without a modfx. I'm a x9 user and I think most will agree when keep working on x10,keep the updates coming. I want my next game to have all types of skies on every level. yes you can do it with x9 but on x10 it's easier and better. x10 true idea with no limits.sounds good for a logo lol. but you can have more characters on screen which means a lot more action. I'm pushing x9 to do things, but my ideas has to be still limited. 10&9 user have to agree, if you want to make a fun great game you need a fun great program. there is just so much more to x10 and we have even crack it yet. let this year be the year for x10. I don't about the magreation or fusion of x9&10. I just think x10 needs to get more stable. all eyes on x10 would be a good thing. with directx11 on the way windows7 and xp directx9 going to lose support. this is the best time for vista dx10. why dx11 is going to be greater, dx10 is still going to be great. means we are still going to be making are games on the best fps program ever, the fps x10. no need to keep up when you are already up. I love vista and dx10 and thank tgc&lee for making this possible. dx9 is then dx11 is the future but dx10 is the now. so lets work the now fps x10 for the limits is only your mind. 2009 fps x10 the best the great and no limits.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 00:00
Media is important of course but personally I would prefer to see continued bug fixes and minor features being added in V109.

You can put as many assets into a game as you like but it counts for nothing if things aren't working as they should be. Anyway the store can be downloaded as a stand alone application so for me thats a nice to have.

Lee - I'll install a fresh X10 and try loading the instancing demo map again and report back.

I'm liking the sounds of the beta progress your making already.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 01:58
I'd love to buy models from the TGC store as well.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 14:43
Same here it is very hard to get good models at this time as allot of artists dont know how to make them X10 ready

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 16:12
yeh, it would be cool to get some support with models, i heard lots of troubles to place them in x10.

and lee, if got troubles with in-game video's
i used .avu and .wmv but it isnt working

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 16:25
Most definitely get the shop integrated.

Tochiro GE999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 18:32
I'd also like to see the shop integrated into X10. Great work so far though Lee! Will test the patch when I get home today.

---------------
Michael Rogers
Xsniper.net
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 21:34
But before that I'm praying that we can have all media that works in X9 workable in X10. I've bought many, many models already and like to see those work in X10.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 03:21
I'd like to see more support for the model packs first (which should help GCS content once the GCS is available for X10) and more bug fixes.

First off, scaling is broken. This means characters can often be a little too large.

Second (this one is big), water. You don't even need an example level for this, just place a prefab, test game, and fill the room halfway with water. Now go up and try to swim on the surface. You'll splash up and down. In most games, you can glide along the surface of the water.

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 11:34
sounds good

any plans to add more support for users trying to add there own content (guns/models) ?
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
I have sound the store quite usefull for X10. Everything has worked so far on my end with X10. Thanks for the update Lee...

Dooms Wars

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 21:27
I have bought many models not in the store, I'd like to see them working as well.

Lee, I can provide the models that don't work properly if you so wish.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 22:12
Sounds impressive. Good work Lee.

[center]
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 23:07
LOL. So just 16 to 1 then!

I feel like Joseph. Any update will do.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 00:11
Sounds like we have a thirst for media here, so I guess there is a big vote for getting the store in I have uploaded BETA2 which should solve most if not all of the Model Pack 5 issues, so if you can natively bring MP5 models into X10 V109 BETA2 they should behave themselves. Next on my list is, wait for it, Model Pack 6. If you wish to report any issues you might have with Model Pack 1 through 5 with BETA2, then those are more important than later packs. I do not plan rushing through them as we should aim to get them as close to the X9 item you purchased as possible, and this early work will help us when we integrate the store. Hope you like the new beta.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 00:35
Just dropped Model Pack 6 in to BETA2 and it seems 100% good right out of the box. Only had a few minutes to look at it as I will do more on Thursday but for now if anyone wants to prove me wrong about MP6 being done and Lee can move onto MP7, go for it

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 01:30
While Models are important... I feel we need bug fixes more then anything as well.. but I have patience.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 02:33
Ok make that 2 to 16. Thanks Squalker

We have Lee's precious time until end of Feb I think and model pack compatibility was confirmed on the agenda so thats fine. At least he was kind enough to give everyone a vote.

Lee's a ridiculously good programmer. PC Gamer said of FPSC X10 "It does a better job at showing off the pluses of DX10 than Crysis ever managed to do".
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 17:28
test 109beta2 3:00 this morning one problem with pack 5 the gun249 is missing bullet texture. when he reload shows him reloading with no bullets. but i,m not looking at it as a big deal right now,. one gun out of the whole pack i,m just glad i can now use them. can't wait to get my shotgun out of pack9 and as always thank you for the update lee.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 18:14
Mp6 worked directly out of the box even with 1.00.
But there is something I want to get fixed, and that is the score system. I have emailed you (Lee) about this a time ago and you said that you were going to fix it when X9 is stable or something like that

Its when I have set a score to be reached to get to the next level, placed some enemies wich should give the player the right ammount of scores. And when I test the game It starts, and one second after the game has begun it fades out and ends. I havent even started.

Thats actually the most important for me since it brings a new type of style into FPS, and scores are only one of few wich sepperate FPSCX10 from FPSCX9.

But I must say its great that you finaly start to make update(s)

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice update, but what is multi-material mesh rendering.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 21:33
what shall i day..... LEE ROCKS!
good job mate, im so happy that you work on the model packs

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 21:40
lee i got a problem, if i just want to make a level i get this (see screenie)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 04:09
You seemed to have overlooked these.

Quote: "First off, scaling is broken. This means characters can often be a little too large.

Second (this one is big), water. You don't even need an example level for this, just place a prefab, test game, and fill the room halfway with water. Now go up and try to swim on the surface. You'll splash up and down. In most games, you can glide along the surface of the water.
"

Additionally, perhaps the largest problem at the moment - the aspect ratio. It seems to be stretching the screen out to the point where rectangular doors look almost like squares. From the various reports I've heard this is not related to any particular monitor, but is the engine itself, causing the effect on both Widescreen and traditional 4:3 Monitors.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 06:39 Edited at: 17th Jan 2009 07:33
@mgarand
i had same problem with this . update direct x,
and reinstall and run beta patch again and it worked,
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 07:13
uhh, wil update direct x