Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Training

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2009 02:49 Edited at: 22nd May 2009 04:22
Hello All,

Over the last few weeks I have been putting together a training video on how to use Google Sketchup (Pro or Free) to take models (specifically switches in this case), uv map and apply textures to them then put them into FPS Creator using all free software.

Here is a quick overview of what the video covers (full audio and visual instructions)
* Using Google Sketchup (basics)
* Installing Plugins for Google Sketchup
* Using free UV Mapping software
* Texturing a UV Map using free Paint programs and viewing a real time model with texture changes
* Using a free program to create DDS files.
* Changing the model to work in FPS Creator X10 and the Original
* Using FPS Creator X10's editor to import the files
* Tips on how to fix problems when using custom media

Here is a quick youtube video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uOXD2kzhu4

It currently will cost $5.00 USD but you will get a digital download (roughly 270mbs) which includes:
* Training Video
* the Free Programs Needed (3 are URL's to the authors' websites)
* Completed fps creator entity

If you have any questions feel free to post here, or visit this link: http://www.tutelagesystems.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=4&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=15

lampsrus
Years of Service
User Offline
Great Job, I think this would really help new users, myself included when it comes to modeling. Are you going to make any more covering how to create and animate allied/enemy entities and Door entities? That would get so many more people using their own assets instead of the stock ones

Don't ask about my forum name. LONG story.
DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 01:15 Edited at: 25th Apr 2009 01:17
Quote: "* Training Video
* the Free Programs Needed (3 are URL's to the authors' websites)
* Completed fps creator entity"

That does not seem really worth it there are already some tutorials for this. Also you can you sell shareware programs? Also you can't sell stuff with the free version of sketchup sorry...

DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 01:15 Edited at: 25th Apr 2009 01:17
*Double Post sorry*

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That does not seem really worth it there are already some tutorials for this. Also you can you sell shareware programs? Also you can't sell stuff with the free version of sketchup sorry..."

I am not selling the shareware programs. I am selling the video itself that takes you through modeling in Google Sketchup Free/Pro, exporting into a readable format, UV Mapping, Texturing, then using programs I have created to help put the model into FPS Creator in very simple steps. Again, I am not selling the programs I am selling the step by step instructional video and software that I have made, in order to help those beginners.

Quote: "Great Job, I think this would really help new users, myself included when it comes to modeling. Are you going to make any more covering how to create and animate allied/enemy entities and Door entities? That would get so many more people using their own assets instead of the stock ones"

Thank you lampsrus, I do plan on making more instructional videos and adding any software which I have created to ease the process of putting custom media into FPS Creator.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 16:47
This looks interesting although your sample video only shows a poster type object being made, uv mapped and mounted on a wall in FPSC.

For a purchase I would want to see an actual level being modelled, textured and imported into FPSC like Daarboven has done. Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be a full level or really detailed but at least some decent level geometry with multiple surface textures and some use of Sketchup tools to help build interesting level geometry.

At this stage the video will help people looking for a free modeller that can use for importing basic primitive objects with textures applied but I don't think thats worth $10.
nj18
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 03:42
Looks good! Great way to start people out.

I'VE GOT YOUR COMPUTER NEEDS! EMAIL ME AND CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE FOR THE STUFF. (Dark Basic Pro, 4gb of RAM, 7600 GS, FPS Creator X10 and more)
The Aaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 14:54
isn't sketchup free for non-commercial use only? the title is misleading.

Download Failed...
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 17:42 Edited at: 1st Jun 2009 17:52
Which title is misleading?

Yes, Sketchup is free. I am selling a video tutorial (no software) that shows you how to use your Google Sketchup (free or pro) to create entities that you can UV Map and place into FPS Creator.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 18:29
Cover characters and weapons?

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cover characters and weapons?"

The video that is current offered does not cover modeling of Characters and Weapons. This is something I am still working on for Google Sketchup.

The current video shows you how to create a Switch in Google Sketchup and texture it and place it into FPS Creator X10 (same for X9/free).

I will be adding more tutorials for larger / more extensive entities and hopefully weapons and characters.

The Aaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 12:42
@TS
what i was trying to say was, does the free version of sketchup let you sell what you make, as far as licenses go€? i did not think so. the title that was misleading was on the video," Create and sell your media using free tools"
~Aaron

Download Failed...
Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 06:45
I still don't know how to export the media! what do i do???

-Yours Truly
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 07:46 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 07:46
Quote: "I still don't know how to export the media! what do i do???"

Send an email to videos@tutelagesystems.com using the email at which you had purchased it from.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:01:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:01:23