Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Video Cast.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:06 Edited at: 26th Aug 2009 14:34
Would anyone be interested in a video cast about FPSC? What's a video cast? It's a bit like a video mag with reviews of games, chat's with creators, may be a few hint's & tips. Here's an example called ClickCast so you can get an idea of what it's all about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1j1dkYH4Ik

Would people be interested in contributing? Would you do a video Q&A session about your game? Would you like to review a game? Would anyone be at all interested in something like this?

TO BE INCLUDED

....Reviews of finished games from the Showcase forum. Each game can be reviewed by more than 1 person as this will give a nice spread of opinion. Possibly out of 5 stars.

....Reviews of Model packs, both from TGC and forum users. What do you thing of the model pack(s) you bought / got free? Was it worth it? Anything went wrong?

....Previews of WIP from the Work In Progress. Mini reviews for game in progress, how they are so far, bugs found, what would you do to better the game?

...Interviews with forum members and (may be) TGC staff. Who are these mythical beasts we call Cosmic Prophet, Rolfy and Xplosys?

...Game Creation. A step-by-step guide throughout the episodes on making a complete game from start to finish.

...Modelling tips. How to make models for use with FPSC. Also how to create and apply textures.

...Emails. 'Letters' section reading emails sent.

More to come...

Any small contributions can be sent to creatorcast@madladdesigns.co.uk. Obviously large video files can't be sent by email so just use things like RapidShare or Megaupload.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:11
I think it'd be a great idea

knxrb

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
This sounds like a fun idea! Maybe I'll do a Q & A about "The Unexplained" As for reviews, maybe you should get a team together
and review all the BOTB games, or all the entries just released in the Ultimate FPSC comp I'd join

Hope this can actually turn into something
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:27
I think it's a great idea! I don't have the time to be an editor or anything though since making FPSC takes enough time already

Maybe a show length of 5 minutes with gameplay clips from the latest and best games if it is going to be a weekly show or 10 minutes for a once per 14 days/monthly show. Small reviews are also cool. Stuff gets boring quite fast so only the best should get screen time. Interviews (usually) are insanely boring and low in technical quality in my opinion - I know that I'm not the majority here but I just think interviews done by amateurs are ... well, horrible

The real trick is to find someone reliable and talented to edit the videos and (maybe) do speak. It takes a lot of work so it shouldn't just be the first forum-spammer to cry out for the editor title. With the right guy/girl this could rock!

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:31 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2009 23:32
Nice idea. Shame i dont have any games just yet, but I'd love to see how the vid turns out.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:42
Excellent Idea.
Shame that I don't have any good games out (Just Alien Hunt and it was for a contest).

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:50
I would love to get involved in this! sounds like a lot of fun!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:56
I don't have a webcam or microphone, I'd be really interested in this though...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:56
Interesting. It couldn't be just about games or it would quickly run out of ammo... so to speak.

While there are a few people here I would be interested in listening to speak about their art, I have to agree that interviews are difficult to do well, especially long distance.

I would be interested to hear more ideas of what might be included, and how I might help, of course.

Brian.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 00:00
Quote: "I have to agree that interviews are difficult to do well, especially long distance."

True that they would be a big problem if done over a phone, but it could also be simple as using a mic (for those that have them) to answer a set of questions e-mailed to them.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 00:18
How about the interviewee answers a set of questions sent by e-mail with a self-recorded video? Whatever the case, I might be up for a Q&A on S.M.I.L.E. industries.

Spewing crap since 2005!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 00:54 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 00:56
Quote: "Would anyone be interested in a video cast about FPSC? "

No, not anyone, but the FPSC commmunity might.

Quote: "Would people be interested in contributing?"

I can't speak for others, but some would maybe.

Quote: "Would you do a video Q&A session about your game? "

Yes

Quote: "Would you like to review a game?"

Yes

Quote: "Would anyone be at all interested in something like this?"

Not just anyone, but some of the people here might.

Quote: "The real trick is to find someone reliable and talented to edit the videos and (maybe) do speak. It takes a lot of work so it shouldn't just be the first forum-spammer to cry out for the editor title. With the right guy/girl this could rock! "

Yeah, someone who wouldn't fall for tricks and call up people pretending to be someone else. (beware of spoofers)

Quote: "How about the interviewee answers a set of questions sent by e-mail with a self-recorded video? "

That would be better and cost less than international calling.
This would allow for verification since you could email the person back with confirmation.
Then if they were a victim of a spoof they would be aware that it was happening.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 00:58 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 01:55
Even if I am not around on the forums, I will gladly post the video(s) on my site for visitors to watch, if it is alright with you.

"Games should not equal greed, but they should equal joy to those that play them, education for those that don't know they are learning, and hope to those who live stressful lives"
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 01:05
Awesome! This sounds like a lot of fun! Great idea.
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm interested in this too. sounds great
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 03:52
This would be awesome. Except all the 13 year old voices!!

But for real, it would be good.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 04:25
sound like a great Idea! it may attract other than FPSC users to test our games.

Don't just say No it can't be done. Think outside the box.
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 04:47 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 04:48
Quote: "This would be awesome. Except all the 13 year old voices!! "

Awwwwww...
I wouldn't do the phone thing, but I would be willing to answer a set of questions over a mic.
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 04:49
Quote: "I wouldn't do the phone thing, but I would be willing to answer a set of questions over a mic."

Yeah, I would do it to. I think it would be cool.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 06:53 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 06:54
I'd be willing to do something, probably script related. Maybe scripting advice

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 09:24
Its a great idea,but here are my additions: You contact someone who wants to present his game for example me,then I record a gameplay video,then you give me questions,I answer through the mail then just somehow combine the video and my answers and your questions together and upload to youtube for everyone to watch.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 13:40 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 13:42
Thanks for the support guys! It's worth giving it a try and if it doesn't work out, no harm done.

I do need a name for it though, I was thinking about Creator Cast as in FPS Creator and also as in The Game Creators because other TGC stuff might be in (like Dark Basic games / apps, TGC products, etc...) What do you think?

The episodes would contain things like reviews (Showcase, BOTB, Model packs, models), previews (WIP), news, interviews (including other stuff people have done outside of FPSC), hints & tips (may be from the guide), serialised making of a game and other stuff.

Each episode would be bi-monthly and won't be a set length and neither will it have a set format, just as and what comes up.

I'd love to hear ideas from you guys.

I'll be updating the first post with a general format and ideas.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 15:53
Creator Cast sounds great,and the sections are also nice,like in a magazine,just video Sections should be like Models and Media,Games,Mods ect.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 15:55 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 15:55
I like the way this is going. Its as if its the monthly newsletter cept all about fpsc ...with video

lol dj i posted that before i read yours !

Nice to see where thinking about the same thing

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 16:03
Would it be possible for there to be an art section within it, so for example tutorials and tips for custom media? I would gladly like to contribute to this if these things are able to be included.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 16:32
Sounds good Nickydude, Im in.

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 19:34
Great idea, if you get it right it could be really intresting to watch.

But I don't think you should just make it evolve around FPSC, I think it should be for Dark Basic too.

What you could include:

How the pro's do it: Some hints from our greatest modelers, texturers, leveldesigners etc.

As someone said Reviews of Mods

News , whats the news about FPSC, Dark Basic and TGC (Newscast )

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 19:52
Quote: "How the pro's do it: Some hints from our greatest modelers, texturers, leveldesigners etc."

Or even better, quick interviews with actual game company professionals?

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 19:52
I was actually going to start up something like this. I planned to make it like The Community Cast or something... Are you looking for anyone to start the cast? Because I probably could. If not, I might as well start my own.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like a fantastic idea! I'd be happy to help out in anyway that I can

Pioneering - Website: http://www.huntersofkentucky.com
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 20:29
I'm In.
what ever you need.
unless it compromises my integrity too much.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 20:35
Quote: "Or even better, quick interviews with actual game company professionals?"

You can simply read http://www.gamasutra.com/ daily. It has news, blogs, interviews, reports etc. and will fill your head with professional developer stuff in a minute

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 21:14 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 21:14
Quote: "unless it compromises my integrity too much. "

Does that mean you won't do the nude FPSC News?

Brian.

Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 00:05 Edited at: 25th Aug 2009 00:06
Quote: "Does that mean you won't do the nude FPSC News?"

I'm afraid that post is already taken *ahem*!

- The cast idea is fantastic though, it gets my thumbs up

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 02:05 Edited at: 25th Aug 2009 02:05
Quote: "I was actually going to start up something like this. I planned to make it like The Community Cast or something... Are you looking for anyone to start the cast? Because I probably could. If not, I might as well start my own."

Hey darimc go right ahead and start your own! It would be cool to see. Mine would be starting around January as I have yet to get a web cam (which has been ordered) and I'm just putting together the format of the show as well as scripting it.

If anyone in the meantime wants to do a video review of a game (showing the game with your voice over) that would be great.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 09:01
I've never tried recording myself while playing a game, I wasn't sure if Fraps recorded mic feed while it recorded computer activity. If I could find a setup for that, I'd be willing to do a video review like that.

I can't film myself, though, as I don't have a webcam.

I'd definitely be interested in participating, so if you'd like me to help out, the quickest way to get a hold of me would be to shoot me an email.

The one and only,

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 09:55
Don't play/speak/record in one setting unless you are aiming for a really alternative review style.

Record some interesting clips, edit them together and finally put on speak. If a review takes more than a minute or two it's probably becomming boring for the viewer. Keep reviews trimmed and to the point. Most FPSC games don't have enough substance to talk about for really long time since they rely on similar gameplay features. A few pearls might need more coverage but that is the few.

Also make sure your pc is fast enough to record video with Fraps (including game audio). Nobody wants to watch a "slideshow" where you need to imagine the sounds and music. Any newer Pentium Dual Core pc (or equal) should do.

When all this goes on Youtube it needs a minumum of technical quality. A lot of people outside the FPSC community thinks negatively about these games so it would be nice not to feed their guns to much and actually prove them wrong.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 12:50
@Ply

Use Movie Maker or whatever you have to record and overlay your voice in the edit...

Then you can balance the sound levels so neither gets drowned out...

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 20:00
Cool, maybe I will start like a community one.

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 23:16
its too bad I don't have a prototype done for Revelation,
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155392&b=25
But thats in the works. I WILL GET IT DONE!!!

But that aside it sounds like a great idea!
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 14:20
i would be extremely interessted in reviewing some of the FPSC games on this site

some have greatness thrust upon them - W. Shakespeare
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 14:31
An email has been set up (see first post for details) for small contriburions.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 23:08
I'm looking for (around) 10 second video clips of FPSC (X9 and / or X10) in action, this is for the intro to Creator Cast. The more action going on the better, something that would go well with a heavy metal type intro tune I've put together. These clips will be edited together to make a fast paced intro.

Anyone up for the challenge?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 23:09
I'll have a go at taking some videos of my game.
I need to make some trailers so I'll use bits for my trailers as well

knxrb

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 23:19
Well im expirementing with models to give an "illusion/effect" off blowing off enemy limbs. If im succesful ill put together a little level with me blowing off a lot of em

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 00:25
Im in. I've almost got a demo for LV21 out, so I belive I'm eligable.

Can you save the crew of LV21?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151512&b=25
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 05:59 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 06:00
Why don't you give the entries of the Ultimate FPSCreator Contest 2009 a review?

That would be interesting if you got the judges to comment on why they chose their favorite while showing the games talked about being played.

Just a thought, since it is being judged now.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 08:16
Quote: "I'm looking for (around) 10 second video clips of FPSC (X9 and / or X10) in action"

Would using an X9 Mod be out of the question? I mean.. this the "Creator Cast", right? We can't exclude those that use Mods to create games, right?

If that's allowed, I'll see what I can cook up for an action filled 10 seconds.

The one and only,

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds all cool.

One thing:
I think if somone wants to riview somebody elses game he should ask permission to the game creator first.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 11:04
Quote: "Would using an X9 Mod be out of the question? I mean.. this the "Creator Cast", right? We can't exclude those that use Mods to create games, right?"

Of course mods are welcome, everything FPSC is welcome, in fact there might be a whole episode about modding FPSC, you never know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:12:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:12:09