Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Public Test - Upgrade 7.5

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 17:33 Edited at: 24th Jun 2010 23:45
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the beta test for U75. This release is intended to focus on the introduction of the new editor interface to DBP. A number of reported issues have already been fixed, but I would like to learn about more interface issues in this beta. This update will not focus on non-interface issues save those that are clearly show stoppers. Also a special thanks to IanM who helped with most of the new interface fixes for beta one, and John Youren who has been tremendous in helping me code some tricky interface features! Find the latest beta below:

http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta1.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta2.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta3.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta4.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta5.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta6.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta7.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta8.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta9.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta10.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta11.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta12.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta13.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta14.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta15.zip
http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta16.zip

Also the Extras zip file for those eager to mod the latest version of FPSC V116. Be aware there is no official support for these extra files, so download and use them at your own risk:

http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_Extras.zip

Upgrade 7.5
===========

Editor
------

* Fixed issue of disappearing SAVE AS dialog when use feature from fresh execution on Windows XP
* Fixed bug causing 'save document on compile' to delete include files when it was not ticked
* Fixed syntax highlighting of 'longest' DBP command (PHY SET DEFAULT SLEEP ANGULAR VELOCITY SQUARED)
* Forced TABS to SPACES functionality to solve issues relating to syntax detection and conversion errors
* Fixed bug causing variable colour to stray from required BLACK
* When use SAVE AS, forces project to dirty state (so interface requires a project save)
* When use SAVE PROJECT AS, internal DOC* document updated with new DBA paths (GG issue)
* Confirmation of project files transfer skipped when use SAVE PROJECT AS
* When use the SAVE PROJECT AS, absolute paths of new DBA files correctly saved if compile
* Fixed FIND IN FILES to highlight the correct line (not the one above the right line)
* Now adds project to recent file list during SAVE PROJECT and SAVE PROJECT AS actions
* When selecting a project icon, the path is chopped if the icon is in project folder
* Changed ALT+BACKSPACE to CTRL+Z for UNDO and added CTRL+Y for REDO shortcuts
* Removed PRINT button from toolbar (saves all them lovely trees)
* Removed VARIABLE from the colour changing schemes inside Options (irratic results in DBP)
* Fixed Highlight Current Line - correct line when hit RETURN for CR
* Prevents AD window from displaying if no internet connection
* Fixed Concatenation Not Work With F7
* Fixed New project Can Overwrite One Of Same Name
* Fixed Label not recognised if you add a space before
* Updated LAUNCH.CFG with new EditorNew.exe redirection (launching new IDE)
* NOTE: Users wishing to revert to the old editor can simply change LAUNCH.CFG
* Report in output window that compilation has started (verbose)
* Fixed bug with line concatenation - Wasn't clearing temp variable between concats so the first join would work and following ones wouldn't.
* Fixed bug with identifying labels that contain underscores
* Keywords are no longer detected as labels, and are correctly detected as keywords
* Editor compiled under standard Visual Studio C++ to remove reliance on Intel Compiler's need for specific SSE systems
* Variables correctly highlight in code view when preceded with GLOBAL or LOCAL
* Double click in code view will move keyboard focus to text editor area
* Population of code view accelerated (and updates item rather than refreshes whole view)
* When error line identified, hitting RETURN will not delete the whole line, but position the cursor on a newly inserted line
* Find now keeps a history previous searches during the session to make finding common words easier (legacy behaviour)
* Replace TAB with SPACE tick option now works, allowing #CONSTANT (tab) name (tab) value to work properly
* Added a feature to make a single .BAK backup prior to saving a .DBA file by default (legacy support with old editor)
* When leave a modified project, prompts with 'do you want to save?', to protect any changes to a project you are leaving
* Autocomplete end block feature no longer puts repeated redundant end blocks when you insert a new line
* Removed RCX files from appearing in DBP folder
* Print option removed from editor (redundant feature, save a tree)
* Editor shows showns VERBOSE error report, not just a single line from the compiler (line 3)
* F3 now used in the default editor as the Find feature (press F3 to skip to netx occurance)
* Function folding now shows function name once folded
* DirectX check removed from editor as some Operating Systems do not support all forms of DX detection
* Trigger Intro Help Page if flagged in USERDETAILS (INTROON to call up help page)
* Re-established Ad-Based Free Version system in overhauled interface (fixed output bar size)
* Added NETBOOK detection (currently disabled pending static build of libraries from Intel)
* Added extra line of text to keystate window indicating hardware codes (EDITOR) not always directinput codes (DBP)
* Removed Office 2010 visual style as it crashed the Options Menu on re-entering the dialog box
* Removed 'Advanced Settings', preventing interface from overwriting SETUP.INI (breaks legacy behaviour)
* Fixed 'associate project and source files' code to be more robust (deletes any old keys, creates new working ones)
* Can CANCEL COMPILE from the Compile menu during the compilation process
* Replaced main interface icon to distinguish between old editor, new interface and default DBP applications
* Replace and Replace All fixed by replacing internal AND operation with PLUS operation
* Fixed bug causing all help examples to fail a compile from within the help page
* Added further code to ensure SETUP.INI is not modified at all (retaining legacy behaviour)
* Changed the linker options of the DBP Executable to use /FIXED:NO (relocation table)
* Added APPUPPLUGIN.DLL to ensure future DBP updates are compatible with the NETBOOK version
* Failure to save a .BAK file now silent
* When you start a new DBP session, and type some code, then instantly go to FILE > SAVE AS you are deposited in the Windows Temp folder instead of the DBP Projects folder, now fixed
* Ensure the new interface detects the difference between SYNC ON : and SYNC ON: (and related instances)
* When you press F1 to get context sensitive help, and the help page is already open, the interface now switches to the help page tab automatically.
* Prevented the SAVE PROJECT and SAVE PROJECT AS from accepting a .DBA file extension
* Ensure the code auto-complete only adds end-code when cursor is at END of start code syntax
* Fixed bug causing Tools->Options dialogs to crash due to removal of SETUP.INI changing code
* Removed data memory deletion from inside List structure code (as it was deleted again externally)

General
-------

* Recompiled all DLLs to ensure legacy behaviour based on D3DX_31 (October 2006)
* Recompiled all modules to ensure full alignment with latest base source code (compiler, e.t.c)
* Recompiled all DLLs for BETA8 (to ensure latest FPSC tweaks make it into DBP U75 beta)
* Recompiled all DLLs for BETA10 (solves light DLL crash amongst others)

Help
----

* Update SET BITMAP FORMAT to make a note of how default surface format could be ARGB or XRGB

Compiler
--------

* Added new protection for a new DBP official plug-in to be released shortly - watch this space!
* As of U75 and beyond, the core DBP compiler has been amended to allow a TGCFree module (internal use)
* Modified EXE and COMPILER to prevent an EXE+PCK application from reading the EXE for data
* NOTE: Above allows DBP applications to be treated as a standard Win32 stub (in PCK mode)
* Fixed bug causing attached media in the order of 10,000 files to stack overflow
* Added code to prefer a PCK in the CWD over the PCK alongside the EXE (names must match)

Setup
-----

* Added new VR920EXIST=RESET LEFT EYE() command to detect VR920 and reset to left stereo eye
* New RESET TRACKING command to calibrate head tracker of VR920 device during runtime session
* Added code to ensure window mode layout types retain correct window client size (allows AA to work)
* Added special string detector to WINDOW TO FRONT for "__topmost__" to force the app to the very front
* Added new special mode (Window Mode with res of 1,2 will force a 640x480 window at 5000,5000

Core
----

* UpdateAnimationCycle now called outside of FASTSYNC code, only when SYHC used
* Check for memory allocation errors when allocating or growing arrays
* Fixed memory leak for strings within plain and UDT arrays
* Determine the correct applicable version of DX9 for Vista and Windows 7

Animation
---------

* Fixed crash caused by loading/deleting lots of animations.
* Fixed animation volume.

Basic2D
-------

* Fix related to running UpdateAnimationCycle outside of FASTSYNC calls (animspeed)
* BOX amended to improve colour interpolation (the box centre is now a true average of all 4 corner colours, rather than just the top-left/bottom-right).

Basic3D
-------

* Added new parameter to SET OBJECT MASK Obj,CamMask,ShadowMask,CubeMask,ForeImmuneMask
* Modified ATTACH OBJECT TO STATIC to use object 'center', not raw position
* Fixed major crash bug when trying to MAKE MESH FROM OBJECT with mixed primtypes
* Ensured the flag bRenderedThisCycle is only used for camera zero (for quick universal object culling)
* GAMEFX : Added SET STATIC EFFECT TECHNIQUE command, to set ALL shaders in static object to a technique
* Added extra functionality to FX shader parser to allow and handle the RENDERCOLORTARGET semantic
* Fixed bug causing cube maps applied onto objects using a shader would not render the cubemaps
* Reverted CHANGE MESH runtime error to silent warning (no way to detect for no-mesh in limb)
* Removed near plane from frustrum zero checks in static universe culling (to fix nose-touch-portal bug)
* Added parameter to SET OBJECT FRAME obj,LIMB,frame,mode (used for per limb animation frame control)
* Modes above are 0=normal, 1=override limb animation, 2=disable animation altogether
* Fixed bone animation update code to not reset bAnimUpdateOnce flag (DP rope demo now works)
* Fix transparency mode for early-rendered objects in SET OBJECT command
* Reset the parent for child limbs when reloading a .dbo.
* When getting the size of an instance, take into account the instance scaling.
* When making a mesh from an instanced object, use the target object instead.
* Deleting an object that has a clone sharing its data, will cause the clone
to also be deleted (this is the same behaviour as instances of objects).
* Update Eular angles of an object immediately when using freeflight commands.

Camera
------

* Added new parameter to COLOR BACKDROP CamID,Back,ForeColorWipe
* NOTE: Use above extra parameter to replace all textures/effects with single color
* Fixed memory leak caused when DELETE CAMERA did not free the data structure within the node
* Fixed bug causing textured backdrop from not using it's linear texture filtering

ConvX
-----

* Recompiled for new DBO arrangement (however no change in data structure)
* If a limb has no name, and one is provided for its mesh, write the mesh name into the limb.

-----

* Correctly fail when attempting to load a non-existent texture when the texture flag is set to 1.
* Correct the exclusion code for imageblocks, so if exclusion is set to an empty string, nothing is excluded.

File
----

* READ STRING command now able to read strings of any size
* WRITE STRING command now able to write strings of any size

ODE
---

* Fixed big bug causing collision exist to always return false, meaning possible list memory leak

Sprite
------

* Re-enable antialiasing after sprite rendering if it needed to be disabled.
* Correct update code for sprites to include animated single-image sprites.

System
------

* Added extra parameter to system smem available(1) to return true process heap usage in KB

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 17:34
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 20:08
That new SET OBJET FRAME addition is a god send, cheers!

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 20:14 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 20:19
Hey Lee, Any chance of adding a few things to ARRAY INSERT AT BOTTOM?

EDIT:

Ok, thought of a better way to do it, have it so you tell it which dimension to add to the bottom of. So, ARRAY INSERT AT BOTTOM(1) adds to the bottom of the second dimension. ARRAY INSERT AT BOTTOM(0) would just add to the first dimension as it seems to do normally anyway.

Same for ARRAY INSERT AT TOP too.

MummyKillerSLO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 21:22
cool, but now my dbpro dont work :/... it said rebuilding keywords and now it wont start... any help?

Happy to having and using DarkBASIC Professional...
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 23:55
@Lee
The new editor seems to be using the SSE2 instruction set, which my CPU doesn't support. (meaning the editor crashes on startup)

Please fix this!

The U73 editor works, but most of the extra features of the IDE are broken:
Quote: "
- Show the intellisense list automatically

I can't use this option because some commands have multiple spaces. The first space brings up the command list (as it should). However, typing the second space automatically chooses the first option in the list. For an example, try typing "perform checklist for object limbs". To use this command you have to use the mouse to scroll down the keyword box to the bottom and then double click it, or use the arrowkeys to find it in the list.

- Automatically indent line after new block

I can't use this option for a number of reasons.

If you enable this option AFTER enabling the 'automatically insert closing block' option, then this happens:
1) Even if you are using tabs for indentation, the editor uses spaces to indent the new line.
2) The editor moves the cursor to a position after the first character in the line, even though in my case it inserts 4 space characters. It should simply move the cursor to the end of the line.

However, if you enable this option BEFORE enabling 'automatically insert closing block' option then this happens:
1) Even if you are using spaces for indentation, the editor uses tabs to indent the line

- Automatically insert closing block

This option works, but it inserts the closing block even if one already exists. It should only do it if there is no matching statement to close the block.

- Replace tab characters with spaces

1) This option doesn't work well with the other options (see above)
2) Pressing backspace when there are only spaces before the cursor and the cursor is aligned to a tab boundary should delete the number of spaces equivalent to a tab. So in the default case, pressing backspace would delete four spaces. (But only if the cursor is on a multiple of four column, and there is only space before the cursor). There should at least be an option for this. It is a pain pressing backspace four times to remove the indent.

- Folding

I could only get folding working for types and functions, and even that seemed temperamental. Also, in the white box produced when you collapse code, it would be useful if it showed the name of the function or type.

- Check bracket balance

This only works for extra closing brackets

- Prompt me when lines contain errors

Seriously... This feature would be useful, except that having a modal dialog show up is incredibly annoying. Why not simply underline the line in red like a spell checker or something, and have more information in a tool tip! Anything that isn't as annoying as a message box.
"

Of course, since the new editor crashes, I have no idea how many of these things have been fixed already.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 00:10
Quote: "* Fixed bug causing cube maps applied onto objects using a shader would not render the cubemaps"

What bug? I've had no problems applying cube maps with a shader using U7.4. Hope this doesn't mean that something else doesn't work now - will check tomorrow.
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 00:55
Much better, I can see all my labels now
However, after compiling, I get "Compilation failed (syntax errors)" message, but the game still works. Interesting....

Also, the 'black level' bug I reported before is still there, explanation follows:

My game's directory has Game.exe in the root, with several subdirectories, Maps, Textures, Lightmaps, Sounds, etc.

1) I create a level with my level creator, loading textures from the 'Textures' directory, saving the level (a DBO) in the 'Maps' directory.

2) I create light maps with TGC's DarkLights IDE (unmodified) and store the lightmaps in the 'Lightmaps' directory.

Before upgrade 7.4, the DBO level loaded with textures and lightmaps applied, but now the textures and lightmaps must be in the same directory as the DBO level, or else the level will be black.

This may sound trivial to some, but I find it much easier when things are organized, instead of having to toss everything into the same directory, especially when the game starts getting big. I only have around 5 or 6 levels for my game, which also consist of text files for entity placement, and throwing everything in the same directory means my Maps directory has 243 files in it.

Phenom - MP FPS WIP - With bot support, even online!
Official Thread -> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149585&b=8
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 03:53
Yeeha! thanks man!

pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
U75NewEditor bug
A letter is missing.
When I input it with MS IME, some letters lack.
Keyboard input "データ" → Editor indication "デタ"
A "ー" letter lacks.
Only NewEditor becomes a bug.
OldEditor and CodeSurge are good.

By the way, "データ" means data.
I use WindowsXp.
MSIME is Microsoft Input Method Editor.
I attach screenshot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 08:57 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 08:59
Why so few bugs fixed???

I was waiting for "animation" bugs fixed, but...
bug 1
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=158858&b=15
bug 2
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=158907&b=15

I hate shaders...
Mulderman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 09:32 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 09:44
Yep same here. Rebuilding keywords and crashes.
Samples are also crashing.

Can't even start IDE, crashing immediately.

CPU: AMD Duron with XP Pro SP2.

New GTA2 Map Editor :: http://www.gta2madness.co.cc
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 16:34 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 16:41
Here are two bugs I've found:

Some variables are not highlighted (at first I thought it was because I used a _ prefix on the name, but other variables with that prefix are highlighted).
(see image)

Clicking somewhere in the editor to position the cursor, and then hold SHIFT while clicking either above, below, or on the same line should mark text. But it doesn't. Which is very frustrating.

Edit:
After double clicking on a label/function/etc. in the code view the cursor will go to that line. However, the code view is still in focus so you can not scroll up or down unless you click again in the text editor.

A mod accidentally your signature

Attachments

SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
In addition to bugs, the editor is still in need of a proper find/find next function (something even a text editor like Notepad has). The standard F3 find next option doesn't even exist and that is a problem in an editor the locks you out of access to the code editor while performing a search. It won't let you click outside of the find window to edit something between finds. You have to completely close the find window just to get access to the editor to change something you searched for, then re-open the find window to continue, a process which in this editor deletes your last search value, so you have to manually type it in again to continue. It also does not save your history of searches as the original IDE did, which has become a feature I particularly appreciate and would like to see added to this editor.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 19:39
Quote: "standard F3 find next option doesn't even exist and that is a problem in an editor the locks you out of access to the code editor while performing a search. It won't let you click outside of the find window to edit something between finds. "

I agree. It's an annoying defect - but I've got so used to switching to NotePad for that sort of task that I can live with it.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Indeed, sadly you'd have to. But for a programming language IDE, this is really basic functionality that it should have. Stored last searches are also useful and should be included (even if it's just the last 4 or 5).

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 20:45 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2009 18:13
Any news on when/if SSE2 extensions will be removed from the editor? It seems quite a few people have computers which don't support them.

Four people in this thread alone are having this problem!

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 21:58 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 21:59
Well, I think I am going to stick with Codesurge for now, it's too dangerous to use this new editor.
I don't know what I did to cause it, except writing:
Local fail as boo
and then it happened.
Edit:
I should mention I didn't hit the save button, so no data was lost. But what if it happened just before it saved&compiled?

A mod accidentally your signature

Attachments

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 22:56
Quote: "The standard F3 find next option doesn't even exist and that is a problem in an editor the locks you out of access to the code editor while performing a search. It won't let you click outside of the find window to edit something between finds. You have to completely close the find window just to get access to the editor"

I second this, it is my number one issue with the editor.

Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 23:24
Quote: "
"The standard F3 find next option doesn't even exist and that is a problem in an editor the locks you out of access to the code editor while performing a search. It won't let you click outside of the find window to edit something between finds. You have to completely close the find window just to get access to the editor"

"

I third this...
It's hard enough to write around the bugs in DBPro (See animation post above) without having to fight with the editor as well.

Saying that, I do appreciate all updates and I know you will get around to it eventually - I just hope the animation ones are in the next update (please)
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 23:49 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 23:53
Posted in the synergy thread a while back:

Cursor Ibar disappearing - Intermittent - Open a project, open a help tab, close it, cursor disappears but can still type at where it should be. Click in the blank area to the right of the tabs and it comes back.

Whilst compiling if you switch to another application, (and editor loses focus) the output window slides away and when you come back to the editor and restore the output window the compilation progress has frozen. (Intermittent)

Using tabs in a constant definition (eg #constant<tab>TEST 1) sometimes causes syntax errors. (Intermittent depending on tab to space settings)

In code view the functions take a long time (5+ seconds on C2D 3.0ghz) to populate when 1st loading source, and you have to click in code window to refresh the initial view.

Folded functions don't display the function name.

No backup files created - be nice to have selectable number of recent revisions kept. Even the original editor kept 1 backup!

Redrawing code view all the time does your head in. REALLY! AARGH!

If you have a long list of functions and you scroll them down to jump to a particular function, the code view invariably refreshes at the wrong moment and puts the list back to the top

Functions in included source files are not highlighted as such.

When the compiler detects an error it jumps to the correct source line, but if you have the output window on auto-hide the relevant source line is hidden behind it.
BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 02:44
I can't use SSE2 instructions either
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Give me helpfile.
OBJECT BLOCKING
SET UNIVERSE CULLING
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 05:29 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2009 05:40
Would you please fix this crash bug that occurs when deleting cloned objects? I don't know if it is considered a "showstopper" bug but it is a crash for something pretty rudimentary.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=111301&b=15

pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
GHOST OBJECT ON of helpfile
Please add explanation of Ghost_Effect.
There is its parameter from 0 to 5.
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 13:07
Please take a look at this multisampling bug. I posted demonstration code for DBP.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154486&b=15&p=0

Having multisampling only when no sprites are being rendered would leave out multisampling for most people.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Antialiasing stops when sprite is rendered

Confirmed
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 00:27 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 00:29
update 7.5 beta1 breaks they way the rope demo works in Dark PhysX, the rope is no longer attached to the sphere.

find two exe using the same code with no changes to the code, one that say okrope is how it did work and rope is how it works now.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Attachments

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 00:40
Why is Synergy used as the default editor in DBP? That doesn't even make sense. It doesn't even have a proper search function. Codesurge and BlueIDE are both superior. Is John Youren related to you Lee?

Download the game!
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 00:43
@Cash
I think because Synergy is the most professional looking and has the most extra features. (Too bad almost none of them, or the editor actually works...)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 01:15
I've never had any issues with Synergy other than the lack of F3 continuing the search.

CodeSurge and BlueIDE, however, both fail to operate correctly on my computer. CodeSurge is laggy as all get out (I don't think it's the IDE's fault, it has to do with Vista compatibility I'm sure) and BlueIDE hates any of my projects with more than one file (if there is a way to fix that though, please tell, because I do like how it feels).

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 02:02 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 02:03
Not to get this thread too off topic, but I did make a CodeSurge update some time ago that fixed most of the lag problems on Vista.

I'm working right now on another update to fix the startup time when you have an insane amount of keyword files(thank's Diggsey ) and also the issue with slow down on long lines of code.

It seems a lot of people can't even get the default editor (synergy) to open with this DBP update.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style. (And save the kittens!)
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 05:27
Really? I'll have to check it out. I thought I tried it out recently but maybe it was longer ago that I think. CodeSurge is what broke me of the original IDE after all, and the only reason I moved to Synergy was due to the speed problems.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 13:40
I'm glad I'm not trying to write an editor for DBPro - it must be a shortcut to insanity...
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 13:58
You're pretty much right, Green Gandalf. I guess I consider it a labor of love and something to keep me very challenged.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style. (And save the kittens!)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 14:06
I wish I could be bothered to write an editor. I've got some cool ideas I'd love to see in an editor.

@hyrichter: What language did you write codesurge in and how did you get the lovely keyword highlighting done?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because we're sadistic losers with nothing better to do. (joke)
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 14:41
CodeSurge is written in Delphi using a modified version of the SynEdit control. I had to modify the highlighter to understand DBP's multi-word keywords.

CodeSurge
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 14:48
Synedit, does that work in VB or is it something you have to compile yourself?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because we're sadistic losers with nothing better to do. (joke)
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 14:56
It only works with Delphi and C++ builder.

CodeSurge
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 14:59
Hmmm, is visual C++ compatible?

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 15:08
No. Delphi and C++ builder are almost the same thing, both built by the same company. Delphi uses what's called object pascal, and C++ builder of course uses a C style syntax. All the components that C++ builder uses are written in Delphi. I personally don't see any advantage to using C++ builder over Delphi, especially when the Delphi compiler is so much faster.

CodeSurge
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 15:11
Ok thanks. Just asking because I don't know delphi.

Mulderman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 15:19 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 15:32
I also thinked about creating new IDE in Delphi.
I have used and programmed in Delphi over 6 years now and still use every day.

Im so tired of different problems with different IDE's. This IDE does that but doesn't do that, this IDE has this feature but it crashes. Then this IDE is better but doesn't have feature in third IDE. Every IDE has it's own problems.

Im talking generally about different IDE's. So i had plan to create one good IDE with all requested features, bug fixes and so on.

Maybe even 1 IDE for both DarkBASIC and DarkBASIC Pro.

But is it worth the job?

New GTA2 Map Editor :: http://www.gta2madness.co.cc
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 23:31 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 23:32
Synergy doesn't look more professional. Besides, if that's it's only advantage TGC should reexamine their decision. Codesurge and Blue 2 are professional and effective. Codesurge is my favorite but I couldn't use it with Vista. I'll check out that update, though.

Long ago I actually paid for Synergy. I lost code with it and no version has improved.

Download the game!
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 08:25 Edited at: 7th Nov 2009 08:27
Helpfile

SET OBJECT FILTER
The Filter value sets the texture filtering, which controls the smoothing effect of the texture as it is mapped to the object. A Filter value of zero does no mipmapping, a value of one uses no smoothing and a value of two uses Linear Filtering.

0 - A Filter value of zero does no mipmapping,
1 - a value of one uses no smoothing
2 - and a value of two uses Linear Filtering.

A description of a parameter of a document is mistake.
Fix it. And make a test code.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 09:14 Edited at: 7th Nov 2009 21:42
The EditorNew.exe eats up 100% of my cpu and doesn't display anything. If I run editorU73.exe instead it works.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, anynoticed that function arent anymore like + and -. I loved that.

Anyway, i think you guys did a AWESOME job.

Keep this up.

Gervais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 17:52
Did download the new version and now when I start the new editor and load my project which contain many includes all the function definition are all creasy all I can see is the name of the function repeated over and over where all the code use to be

But this look like a display problem only if I compile the project the executable work ok ????

Also if I switch between include file the code is display correctly but if I do page up or down and come back to the same function in the document it look all creasy once more

I have window7 home premium 32bit installed
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
error?

complilation failed(syntax errors)

code..

if ive got that code wrong, shoot me....
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 06:55
I'm really looking for to using the new interface for DarkBASIC pro, but by the sounds of things it's still a little unstable for myself to download and use.

Being a hobbiest user of DarkBASIC pro, has anyone any links to other 3rd party interfaces for DBpro? I'd be interested at taking a look at what else is out there to interface with this package.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:14:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:14:45