Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Mystic-Mod: Official Thread

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 4th May 2010 23:49 Edited at: 7th Dec 2013 01:03

Mystic-Mod is the first mod ever for FPS Creator X10. It was originally started by Daniel Wright and budokaiman, and is currently under development by budokaiman.
Mystic-Mod on SourceForge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

PERFORMANCE
Timer-Based Movement
Uncapped framerate

USABILITY
Money and bank system with huds
Installer instead of .7z (.7z is available, but installer is easier)
Airmod - for more information / documentation of Airmod, please see the official Airmod thread.
Advanced Variable system
FPI Editpad keyword files
Lemur mod V2 - for more information / documentation of Lemur mod V2, please see the official Lemur mod V2 thread.

SCRIPTING COMMANDS

CONDITIONS

ACTIONS

For more detailed info about the scripting commands, you can read the official X10 scripting guide online, or download it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download:
1.0.6 (beta)
Installer download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mystic-mod/files/1.0.6/Beta/Beta%2001/Mystic-Mod%20Install.exe/download
.7Z download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mystic-mod/files/1.0.6/Beta/Beta%2001/Mystic-Mod.7z/download

Notepad++ FPI user defined language:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mystic-mod/files/1.0.5/FPIN++.xml/download

*Note: Before installing, make sure you update to V1.11, and run the FPSC-Cleaner.exe to ensure that there are no crashes.

"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2010 23:50
Woah. Can I be a tester since I share computers with shadow? ultimately can I have that .sig?

"Get the heck out of my house!"
-Albert Einstein
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2010 23:52 Edited at: 20th Jun 2010 00:22
Yeah, the sig is free for all to use, just paste this into your sig box on your profile page.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
great work you have been working hard on this mod
nice to see you have made your own thread.
if you ever get chance to take a look at the sky scoll
that would be realy neat, what do you have in mind for next mod.
checking this post daily .
thanks for your time to make x10 more workable.
i almost given up on x10 but now i know it is going to be better than i expected, hope to see other moders help out here.
must be a big project on your own.
thanks again.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 01:46 Edited at: 5th May 2010 01:47
Quote: "what do you have in mind for next mod."

Next I plan to get ironsights and gamepads working, then I'll ask for a list of what people believe are the most fundamental features that X10 should have had in the beginning, then I will see what happens from there. So, you guys should start thinking up what are the most fundamental features for X10.

@Everyone:
I should have mentioned this, but I have tested all commands that are in the list, and made sure that all of them work, so you should have no problems using them.

rosemary
Years of Service
User Offline
one of the things i would like to have in x10 is multiple textures
same as x9, performance isues or not it should have been an option.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
hi budokaiman.

top work on new thread and all is good except map editor actual space is still 40 x 40.

its sized correct if this is what is meant.

but still no joy.

just letting you know in case,
unless i have done it wrong?

cheers anyway.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 18:19
Asymetrical dual wielding would be an amazing addition to X10, but, as I understand from Plystire, is incredibly difficult to code and is very time consuming. But... Dual Chugshots...

Either way, very impressive work! Well done!

Best Regards,
Crusader2

"BOINK!" -The Scout
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 18:40
The map editor was coded correctly as it has the original blocks. I have not seen any performance drags.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 19:11 Edited at: 5th May 2010 20:54

. In other words, I've favourite'd this. Spectacular work budokai, I'll try this in a while.

Since I'm allowed to drink now (supervised)...let's have a to celebrate

-EDIT-Make it 2 hours. DVD Ripper doesn't appreciate other apps running in the background, hell knows what'll happen when I run FPSC-Game xD.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Nobody 'freaking' changes. Nobody is reborn, it's all BS. It's all a 'freaking' lie!" - Amanda, SAW III
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 21:57
Quote: "top work on new thread and all is good except map editor actual space is still 40 x 40."

You're right, however, I also tested the first version, that Daniel released, that doesn't work properly either, so I will get onto fixing that now, and then update.

Quote: "ne of the things i would like to have in x10 is multiple textures "

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Are you talking about detail mapping?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:04
I tried the mod, and I liked it. The camera recoil was slightly annoying since it jumped when I moved the mouse when firing, the player recoil didn't work (I guess it pushes the player back which it didn't) and you can still cause the recoil to take effect when reloading an occupied round (so like 25/30 or 14/20 bullets left) by shooting. Apart from that, it's a very nice mod and, as said before, the map editor's grid wasn't allowing access to the outer grid.

I think the recoil could do with a bit of a crawl effect (as in a random pattern, not just straight up), and not return to the original angle once shot (a bit like Airmod's recoil) .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Nobody 'freaking' changes. Nobody is reborn, it's all BS. It's all a 'freaking' lie!" - Amanda, SAW III
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:08
Indeed I have noticed that with the recoil. Sometimes when shooting the gun actually goes down instead of up. I have also noticed that when shooting any automatic weapon like an m4 you can get about 4 rounds off before the recoil takes place again. Meaning, when you first hit the trigger the camera jolts up once, then it starts to go back down, but by then you have already let off another 4 rounds. So it's kind of slow. Where as real recoil any bullet shot would be a jolt.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:25
Quote: "the player recoil didn't work (I guess it pushes the player back which it didn't)"

Yes, that isn't coded yet, but you did figure out what it will do.

Quote: " you can still cause the recoil to take effect when reloading an occupied round (so like 25/30 or 14/20 bullets left) by shooting."

Will fix that now.

Quote: "I think the recoil could do with a bit of a crawl effect (as in a random pattern, not just straight up),"

Will also fix now.

Quote: "So it's kind of slow"

Should I simply increase the speed for automatic weapons, or offer a recoil speed option?

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:42
Oooh, recoil speed would be nice
About to test the new beta. Nice thread, much better.

Proper grammar and all!

Jon

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:46
Quote: "Oooh, recoil speed would be nice"

I'd still like to be able to find out how to link the recoil to the animation speeds.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:53
Quote: "I'd still like to be able to find out how to link the recoil to the animation speeds."

Might be in the air mod code, I am the owner would have no problems with you using that small piece.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:53
As much as I think you are tired of hearing this, Airmod would be a great addition. Honestly, that would solve many problems. There's so much it can do. If you could also figure out a way to use the map editor edit recoil thing, that'd be even better.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 00:35
Didn't want to post here but the thing is down budokaiman for maintenance. Small bug. Crashing still occurs for multi player games only. Single play works and loads beautifully. Just for MP.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 00:55
Alright, just want to ask: What is the .rar with the password? Couldn't find a download for that on the googlecode. No email was in my inbox. Did your email fail again?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 02:05
Well, I am starting on adding Airmod, so expect it to be a while before the next release.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks man this is great

Wat a signature?
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 18:36
Ok, this is serious. Every time I start up Windows now, I get a number of infected processes/viruses named hriwya, NSD and LCB opening as well. I can end the processes, but the main virus is a Directory Virus, which changes location every time it's found. I got this when download Mystic Mod I think, I haven't downloaded anything after this and I didn't have the processes before. I'm not putting the blame on you, but I suggest you re-upload the MM file as I think the EXE was infected. I'm running a Virus removal tool right now to see if it can get rid of them, but if all else fails, I don't know what to do. I haven't spotted any pulldowns on my system apart form the hriwya using 50% of my RAM when the process is up, yet none of the other viruses have done anything from what I know.

Apart from that, this mod really looks like it's coming on well .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 18:47
Thanks SSG, I'm removing the download for now, I will run some diagnostics, and see if it somehow imbeded itself somewhere. I am also going to run a virus scan on my computer, to see if I have the virus. Thanks for brining this up.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 19:04
Ok, just be careful, if you notice that over 75% of your RAM is being used, go to Processes on Task Manager, look for 'Hriwya', 'NZT' or 'Lbn' and end their processes. It may have been my fault too since I never use Anti-Viruses too, but I've never found a use for them since I never visit harmful sites (I only visit Facebook, TGC and a few other trusted sites).

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 19:37
Hmm, I scanned the connection between google and myself. Updated the SVN and re-downloaded the mod from this site, I have scanned with kaspersky 2010. Nothing came up. Nothing suspicios either.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 19:39
Yikes, I never had the viruses before, and I didn't download anything after downloading this.... I might have to do a system point restore if all else fails methinks "/.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 20:11
Sometimes you do not have to download anything. If you have a toolbar like a google toolbar or yahoo tool bar can send your system viruses. Someone could also have attacked your network. Most viruses are coded to activiate when your system is at its weakest point in security.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 20:23
, I think I'll just wreak havoc on the mofo virus then. I use Google Chrome too, so there technically aren't any 3rd-party plug-ins for a toolbar etc.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 22:06
I scanned all of the files for the mod, none of them have any viruses attached. I re-uploaded everything. I hope you get the issue sorted out.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 00:43
Aah, so I'm not the only one. When I downloaded the latest beta, Norton said it blocked an attack on my computer.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 00:55
Did some research. Those are false positives. Meaning, the way FPSC was coded. It uses your key strokes to do what ever it does. Comes up as a possible PDM keylogger. But it isn't.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
downloaded scanned the file with avg 2 times scaned whole computer 1 time and all the fpscx10 files and no threat found

Wat a signature?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 02:51
I also scanned my whole computer, and ran a custom scan of the Mystic-Mod files, with 2 different anti-virus softwares, and found nothing.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
i scanned with malware bytes avg ad aware no issues, also microsoft malware too and search and destroy so they are not getting it. sometimes on vista in the past my usage was at 100 all the time, so i just did a factory setting, but that was me being extreme.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
@SikaSina Games

It may have been my fault too since I never use Anti-Viruses too, but I've never found a use for them since I never visit harmful sites (I only visit Facebook, TGC and a few other trusted sites).
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 14:58
@pdidy,

Que?

I've left my PC for now until I come to a verdict if I should either delete the viruses for good, install and Anti-Virus and let it deal with it, or disable their processes, leaving them on yet now allowing them to run. I'm definitely sure I got them after Mystic Mod, but the virus might have slipped in through our network (it is TERRIBLE ). Sorry about the hassle, I'm still going to use MM though xD. I might just see if a System Restore Point will fix it.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 03:30
Is ironsights capability in the works?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 16:09
Quote: "Is ironsights capability in the works? "

Yes, Airmod will be in the next update.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
just to get an idea of your huge work load.

airmod
dualshock
larger area

how as it been on dualshock and area map?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 16:44
Quote: "airmod
dualshock
larger area"

I'm also trying to get in weapon scripting, better variable system, dual wielding, new sprinting system, and possibly try to get a weather system.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
my god thats a hell of a lot.

how about
inventory
character choices at beginning
none linear game going back a level etc.
advanced ranking system, cadet elite etc.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 16:53
Quote: "how about
inventory
character choices at beginning
none linear game going back a level etc.
advanced ranking system, cadet elite etc."

Maybe after the next update.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 18:13
Most likely larger area will be put last because it does not have much importance to the majority of the community. I am sure it will still be put in later. Budok is going off what the community wants first. And that is air mod.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 19:20 Edited at: 10th May 2010 19:23
@soviet

i am patient,
but first thing that was gonna happen was a bigger area, and all the extras to make it work. no airmod mention then.
but then daniel stopped,
so anyway airmod, what does that have?

i have looked but its vague.

also budokaiman asked for ideas so most were ideas.

and this is all said nicely no bad at all and hold you in high esteem.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 20:51
Quote: "so anyway airmod, what does that have?"

New gunspec additions and more gore

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 22:55
Also recoil, 3d scopes ect. And yes, sadly daniel left it all up to budokaiman. No one still knows why, but I believe budokaiman is the right for the job and he will get it done.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree soviet.

i can wait for dualshock doublemap and stuff.

but glad that blackfox is planning rpg mod thats great and if merged with mystic then its gonna be mega when done.

airmod sounds good.

i just managed to get light working as a spell to light up corridors, its stobe lighting but it works and shadows work etc.

took all day.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 22:34
@Nilloc:
I remember you asking about the plrfreeze command, and after a small bit of research, realized that it isn't in X10. I don't know why, but it will be in the next update, as it is part of Airmod.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
k thanks!

Wat a signature?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:08:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:08:24