Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Intel Competition / [Intel Comp 2010] Baxslash's Entry (Backlash)

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 16:31 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2010 01:20
Here's my entry. The download below has the first three levels more or less complete!
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2080640
(Updated 27th August 2010!)
This one has level four only!
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2085093
(Uploaded 2nd Sept 2010!)

I posted a very early version on the general discussion board on 5th Aug I think (started on the 3rd... ooh dear) before I knew about the competition.

Screenshot:

It'll be a series of challenges/puzzles for a young ninja 'in training' to be an assasin.

If you pass all the challenges you get to do your first assasination.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Melancholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Its looks nice, would suggest improving the trees though, are they billboards?

Also, what sort of puzzles are you going to integrate into this?, does it have any platformer elements?

Loving the ninja model BTW

I can count to banana...
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 16:46 Edited at: 25th Aug 2010 16:17
Quote: "Its looks nice, would suggest improving the trees though, are they billboards?"

Yes they are, I am just putting some placeholder graphics in to get started.

Quote: "what sort of puzzles are you going to integrate into this?, does it have any platformer elements?"

The puzzles will be mainly platform based.

You can download an early demo here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=173697&b=1

Attachments

Melancholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Played the small demo, didnt relise it was 2d until then

But as for the actual demo it was better then i anticipated!, very nice controlls. Is that ninja 2d or 3d?, he looks pretty 2d, if so nice combining the two.

I can count to banana...
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 18:24
Quote: "Played the small demo, didnt relise it was 2d until then

But as for the actual demo it was better then i anticipated!, very nice controlls. Is that ninja 2d or 3d?, he looks pretty 2d, if so nice combining the two."

Well it's all 3D, the ninja is a textured plain (as are most of the objects actually in the game as it is now).

Glad you liked it! The controls are the main thing I was experimenting with when I had the idea for the game.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 19:11
It's amazing what you can get done when you stop ranting

Looks great, I played the earlier demo and it has a really nice feel to it - good luck with the compo.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 19:19
! Looks like it could be fun. I definitely feel platform games suit the competition because they're easy to run and fun to play (as well as having replayability that games like Tic-Tac-Toe or something don't quite have...).

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 19:25
It's so cute .

I'm looking forward to playing this one!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 11:24
Quote: "Looks great, I played the earlier demo and it has a really nice feel to it - good luck with the compo."

Thanks!

Quote: " Looks like it could be fun. I definitely feel platform games suit the competition because they're easy to run and fun to play (as well as having replayability that games like Tic-Tac-Toe or something don't quite have...)"

Thanks again!

Quote: "It's so cute .

I'm looking forward to playing this one!"

Thanks again again! Cute? I'd better get the blood finished then...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 12:22
Does anyone know if net books can do fog?

entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 14:30
I'm borrowing a Netbook from a friend today. An older one, to get the restrictions right. I'll try to post a more precise analysis of how well it keeps up with the GDK, whenever I've had time to actually test it.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 14:34 Edited at: 12th Aug 2010 13:43
Great, that'll be really helpful!

EDIT: Nevermind about the fog I've got a much more efficient workaround and it looks great too! (BTW the fps is set at 60 but can run at around 200)

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 18:08 Edited at: 13th Aug 2010 18:03
OK, here's the first demo (Level 1 only) only partly tested so don't be surprised if there are still a few bugs!

I haven't put any help in yet so here are the basic controls-
Menu:
W/S - Change selection
Enter - Select/Edit

Game:
WASD - Run/Jump/Crouch(for healing)/Climb walls
Enter - Action/Continue

All you have to do is collect scrolls for points and try to stay alive. Future levels will have other goals.

I'm off camping next week so I won't be able to do much after tomorrow for a while

EDIT: I took the music out to reduce download times but it sounds great! Also I just made the ninjas throw more stars as the time gets less so it is much more frantic than the current demo now!! I'm going to enjoy testing this one...

DOWNLOAD REMOVED: Get the latest version from the first post!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 19:01
Hey dude, just a design point, but the keyboard on my netbook is tiny and it's easier to play with arrows than WASD, might be worth having a config?

Level -

The level is pleasing, I like the ambience, although I'm not entirely sure about the combination of silhouette characters and color backdrops? Could the backdrop be grey scale?

The design is quite nice, but some of the platforms were frustratingly positioned - I quit because I got fed up of missing platforms and falling back down.

Character -

The design is cute, I really like it, love how he squints when he's crouched!
The running animation could do with a few more frames I feel - at the moment it's a little choppy. Good work here though, it's an original style.

Controls -

hmm. As I said above, I prefer playing these games with the arrows and having space as jump. That's just me, but you should have a config so that people can choose - guessing you have this penciled in but are yet to implement?

The jump height also seems to be bugged - how do I jump higher?! sometimes I can reach that first platform no worries, but then once I fall down it seems like my jump height is reduced to very low. If I hit the bounding walls I lose the ability to jump altogether.

Gameplay

It's a casaul thing, so I get that it's no supposed to be deep or anything, and I'm sure that once there is sound in there there will be more appeal. It would be really useful to have an arrow directing you to the next scroll, and a more clear indicator of when I collect one.

Summary,

So far it's cool. I like the style and the direction you're taking. It's cute and simple. Think it'll be a solid entry.

Lates!

J

I want robotic legs.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 19:18 Edited at: 12th Aug 2010 19:20
Quote: "Hey dude, just a design point, but the keyboard on my netbook is tiny and it's easier to play with arrows than WASD, might be worth having a config?"

Damn, someone else said WASD were better on their net book... I guess I'll put in keyboard options after all!

Quote: "The level is pleasing, I like the ambience, although I'm not entirely sure about the combination of silhouette characters and color backdrops? Could the backdrop be grey scale?

The design is quite nice, but some of the platforms were frustratingly positioned - I quit because I got fed up of missing platforms and falling back down."

The backdrop could be greyscale but I didn't want it to look too dull. I thought a little colour would be OK. I'll have a play with the layout but I don't want it to be too simple!

Quote: "The design is cute, I really like it, love how he squints when he's crouched!
The running animation could do with a few more frames I feel - at the moment it's a little choppy. Good work here though, it's an original style."

I was going to add some extra frames in but when I tried it it looked almost too animated. I quite like the choppiness of it. In some ways it makes me think of manga like when you get a side view of someone running and the background is moving smoothly but the character only has two animation frames? I hope you know what I mean!

Quote: "hmm. As I said above, I prefer playing these games with the arrows and having space as jump. That's just me, but you should have a config so that people can choose - guessing you have this penciled in but are yet to implement?

The jump height also seems to be bugged - how do I jump higher?! sometimes I can reach that first platform no worries, but then once I fall down it seems like my jump height is reduced to very low. If I hit the bounding walls I lose the ability to jump altogether."

Yeah, I'll add keyboard options. The jump height and climbing ability reduce if you get low on energy (chi) so you have to crouch to rebuild chi...

You should still be able to jump off walls even when climbing them, just let go of A/D whichever you are pressing while holding W and you'll jump off the wall you are clinging to.

I know the controls are a little odd at first but I really like them now. If there are any suggestions how it might work more naturally/intuitively let me know, I'm always willing to change stuff!

Quote: "It's a casaul thing, so I get that it's no supposed to be deep or anything, and I'm sure that once there is sound in there there will be more appeal. It would be really useful to have an arrow directing you to the next scroll, and a more clear indicator of when I collect one."

I was already considering this. I think for the kind of game it is this is a good idea.

Quote: "So far it's cool. I like the style and the direction you're taking. It's cute and simple. Think it'll be a solid entry."

Thanks Butter Fingers! I appreciate you taking the time to play the game and let me know your thoughts!

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 23:14
Quote: "The jump height also seems to be bugged - how do I jump higher?! sometimes I can reach that first platform no worries, but then once I fall down it seems like my jump height is reduced to very low. If I hit the bounding walls I lose the ability to jump altogether."

You have to duck to charge up your "ninja powers", the fuller the red bar is the higher you can jump.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 23:29
Quote: "You have to duck to charge up your "ninja powers", the fuller the red bar is the higher you can jump."

Far more concise and dare I say it "cooler" than my explanation

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 23:38
Well baxslash, I tried your little demo, and I must admit that I like it very much already! Sure, there are still some tweakings and adjustments to do, but I'm sure you can pull this of and make a really good game. Keep it up!

Slayer rules!!! Yeaaah, man!
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 23:48
Ah, yeah, I didn't notice that you'd explained it already .

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Clever! I can't wait to see more!

swis
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 01:52 Edited at: 13th Aug 2010 12:36
Quote: "Well baxslash, I tried your little demo, and I must admit that I like it very much already! Sure, there are still some tweakings and adjustments to do, but I'm sure you can pull this of and make a really good game. Keep it up!"

Thanks man! I have been tweeking the first level and adding lots of detail and it's going well!

The second level is going to be tricky though so I hope I do it justice!! Stealth has been very well done by the Metal Gear games and mine is a far more basic version... Inspired by greatness though!

EDIT: level 1 tweaks added;
Ground shadows for characters
Multiple keyboard options(arrowkeys and spacebar can now be used)
Arrow pointing to next scroll
Music and character sounds
Code optimisation

New demo later today with these updates!!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 18:00 Edited at: 13th Aug 2010 18:01
Sorry for the double post but here's the latest demo:
<demo here>

Also added in:
Medals achieved are now saved
Easy/Normal/Hard difficulty now works for level 1

and as my previous post says:
Ground shadows for characters
Multiple keyboard options(arrowkeys and spacebar can now be used)
Arrow pointing to next scroll
Music and character sounds
Code optimisation (ongoing but working much smoother)

Even with all the new additions I've slimmed the code down and reduced the number of times per second some checks are made and I'm getting about an extra 30fps out of the game. I might be able to eak some more out but it'll do for now...

Off on my holidays for a week now so I look forward to seeing what you've all done when I get back!!

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2010 13:37 Edited at: 20th Aug 2010 15:43
Back from my mini-holiday and I've started work on level 2.

In this level the player must sneak past a bunch of guards to collect a scroll.

If you manage to get past them all un-detected you get a gold medal, if detected but undamaged you get a silver and if detected and damaged you get bronze.

The only way to not get a medal is if you are seen by more than a certain number of guards.

Here is an early screen from Level 2!

EDIT:
Level 2 progress;
Enemies can patrol
Enemies can see player
Enemies can attack player
Enemy animations complete 75%
Map complete 10%
Player can crawl along ceiling

Attachments

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2010 17:01
Quote: "Player can crawl along ceiling"

Ooh .

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2010 18:09
Looking good, baxslash! I'm really hoping you'll finish this one! I think your sounds and music are great, aswell as the cartoonish Ninja's. Nice!

Sounds awesome, but...explain, please...?

BTW, if you need any help, you know what to do, right?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2010 18:32 Edited at: 20th Aug 2010 18:33
Quote: "Looking good, baxslash! I'm really hoping you'll finish this one! I think your sounds and music are great, aswell as the cartoonish Ninja's. Nice!"

Thanks!

Yeah, the idea is that you can grip onto ceilings just like you do with the walls but not for as long (you loose your grip after a while). I was going to make it so he could only grip some surfaces but I don't want to over-complicate the actions. I have it working now!

The only way to get past certain obstacles will be to 'ceiling crawl'...

Attachments

Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
nice style.. excellent character design and gameplay.
sure a good entry for this compo..

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2010 13:40
This is another game I would probably buy, good luck with this.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2010 23:01
Thanks for the encouragement guys I've nearly got the second level ready to try for you!

I'm thinking there'll be 6 levels in total (unless I have any cool ideas):-
1-Agility
2-Stealth
3-Weapon skills 1 (throwing stars)
4-Weapon skills 2 (katana)
5-Final Test
6-First 'real' mission

The better you do in the first five missions the better equipped you'll be in the last one.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2010 02:13 Edited at: 24th Aug 2010 02:15
New Demo!
<Demo Here> Updated 24th August 2010 (Level 2)!

New level 2
New Sound effects
New abilities
New Music

Hope you like it!

Attachments

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, that's hard... It was a big improvement though!

swis
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2010 10:44 Edited at: 24th Aug 2010 11:09
Quote: "Wow, that's hard"

Yeah, I was thinking that myself but I wanted to get your reactions before I went and made it too easy. I wouldn't even try to get a Gold medal on 'Hard' yet as I don't think it's even possible!!

I'll be playing it a lot more over the next few days and making adjustments here and there. Any suggestions?

One idea I had was to let the player 'hide' in plain sight using random diguises like you press the 'hide' button and you turn into a bush or something...

EDIT: I just got gold on 'Hard' so it is possible, I may need to make some slight changes anyway as 'Easy' is far from it

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, I got seen by every one no matter what Hiding might work but you would have to limit it, because it could make it too easy.

swis
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 02:08
Well, besides the fact that it is kinda difficult, it sure looks and feels great, baxslash! I like it.
Nice sounds and music too.

BTW, how do you get the ninja to 'wall walk' or to 'ceiling hang'?

Cheers

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 10:56
Quote: "Wow, I got seen by every one no matter what Hiding might work but you would have to limit it, because it could make it too easy."

I'm working on making it a little easier. Hiding will be limited use (2/3 times) and only as a bonus for doing well on the first level.

Quote: "Well, besides the fact that it is kinda difficult, it sure looks and feels great, baxslash! I like it.
Nice sounds and music too."

Thanks Slayer!

Quote: "BTW, how do you get the ninja to 'wall walk' or to 'ceiling hang'?"

Well wall clinging is easy enough really, when the character is against a wall (collision check) and holding left/right in the direction of the wall his vertical movement is constantly reset to zero and his jump amount is reduced so effectively he just moves upward if up is pressed and slowly drops if not!

Ceiling clinging is slightly less complicated, if we hit the ceiling and up is being pressed then I just stop all vertical movement until it is released or "chi" runs out.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 15:50 Edited at: 25th Aug 2010 15:52
Here is a screenshot from Level 3 (Accuracy):

I just need to add some sound effects and tweak the score settings

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 21:49 Edited at: 26th Aug 2010 17:59
Sorry for the triple post guys but here's smoke bombs working:

When you set one off the enemy can't see through it and will stop and turn around on hitting one.

They'll bounce down shafts until they hit ground too...

So I don't get done for quadruple posting here's the return of the cardboard box (some inspiration from metal gear solid!):

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 01:27 Edited at: 27th Aug 2010 10:54
Well here's a new demo with 3 full levels working!!

I've added bonuses for getting medals including the smoke bombs (level 2), cardboard box (level 2), and mega-shuriken (level 3)...

Enjoy!

I spent about 30 mins laughing at the cardboard box sounds... but hey!!

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 02:26 Edited at: 27th Aug 2010 02:27
Yeah, I got thru to the third level (I even did some ceiling exploration). Hahhahahaa! When I was in the last level, I didn't know how to hit the targets, so I went climbing and jumping from one pole to another, untill I finally found which button I needed to press to launch the shurikens. But then it was too late, and when the message appeared to ask if I would like to play again, I said yes, but something strange was going on. The scene was the same as the third level, but the gameplay was like in the first level.

Other than that, it's great.

Cheers

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 11:10 Edited at: 27th Aug 2010 11:17
Quote: "When I was in the last level, I didn't know how to hit the targets"

Yeah sorry, For everyone elses benefit (I haven't added it to the help image yet) 'Shift' will use any currently selected weapon/ability and 'Tab' will cycle through weapons/abilities if you have more than one available.

Currently you can get:
Smoke Bombs -If you get Silver or Gold on Level 1 these are available in Level 2. They can hide you from an enemy (they won't fire at you if you are hidden) or make an enemy stop and turn around early.
Carboard Box -If you get Bronze or Gold on Level 1 these are available in Level 2. You can hide in it but if an enemy sees you moving in it they will still fire at you, oh and don't try hiding in one when you're already visible to an enemy as they'll see you get in it!
Super Shuriken -If you get a medal of any kind on Level 2 these become available on Level 3 (5,10 or 20 depending on the medal). They are bigger than the standard Shuriken (throwing stars) and make it easier to hit the targets.

Quote: "when the message appeared to ask if I would like to play again, I said yes, but something strange was going on. The scene was the same as the third level, but the gameplay was like in the first level."

I've fixed this in the download now. Schoolboy error, I wasn't reseting the game properly if you failed the level (I just had to set two variables and run a function)!

EDIT: Little tip! If you can't manage Gold but want to try any of the bonuses you can edit the 'Config.dat' file created in the game directory to all '1's after the first three numbers and it'll unlock everything for you. Obviously this file will be encrypted eventually...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2010 23:48 Edited at: 25th Feb 2011 14:47
Here's a short video of Level 4 in action! Finally we get to use the Katana for self-defence(in video), attack and stealth kills!!

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 02:36
Nice, baxslash. Can't wait to play the whole game. And I love the funny Ninja screams. So, the final levels (not the training levels) will be a mixture of the skills you've learned? Or are they missions one has to accomplish?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 09:17
Quote: "Nice, baxslash. Can't wait to play the whole game. And I love the funny Ninja screams. So, the final levels (not the training levels) will be a mixture of the skills you've learned? Or are they missions one has to accomplish?"

Yes the final level will be an assasin mission where you have to take out one or more targets using the skills you've learned. There will be pickups for some of the weapons and perhaps a few extras...

If I have time I'll do more than one but I'm going to try to make it quite an epic level with no time limit. There'll be lots of ways to complete it too but the hardest way to complete it will be 'un-detected'. I'm thinking it'll be cool to try to escape too.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 00:34 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2010 00:34
Here's a quick screenshot from level 4 showing defence (Top Right) attack (Bottom) and Stealth Kills (Top Left):

It might be a bit hard to see as I'm using all black on the dummies at the moment but the stealth kills will be very bloody on real people. The blood (and straw) sticks to the scenery now too!

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 13:06
Nice, baxslash! I like the swinging of the blade!

Quote: "The blood (and straw) sticks to the scenery now too!"

Don't make it too violent for the kids, hey?

Cheers

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 13:31 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2010 17:05
Quote: "Nice, baxslash! I like the swinging of the blade!"

Thanks!

Quote: "Don't make it too violent for the kids, hey?"

LOL, have you seen Butterfingers entry? Anyway I'm going to put a "Gore" option in the menu, the kiddie 'friendly' version will have a 'flash' something like the one when you hit a shuriken. If I prefer the 'flash' thing I might just use that anyway and leave gore in as a cheat or something... who knows?!

EDIT: Here's an updated Level 4 screenshot

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 01:18 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2010 01:19
New Demo! Level 4 to try... it's 20Mb zipped because it contains the whole game so far but only level 4 is playable in this demo, sorry but it's too much work to take it all out!

https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2085093

As with the other levels there's still some tweaking to do but it's playable at least.

Katana (other weapons to be added as bonuses still):
Tap 'Shift'-Defend against Shuriken and attack targets
Press and hold 'Shift'-Attack then "Stealth" kill (if the target hasn't seen you!)

Hope you like it

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 13:26
Hey, baxslash, I've downloaded it. Hehehe!

I didn't manage (yet) to make a stealth kill, but I'll try till I succeed, though! Hahaa!
First of all, it looks great! Adding trees was a good idea.
The animation when the little ninja swings his blade is really nice. And the screams he makes are so pleasant and funny to hear.
I noticed that you can't control the attack movements? I mean, the movements are randomly chosen when you attack, right? No combo's? Maybe that could be an option?
I saw a lot of straw flying around and sticking. Great! But, no blood?
Oh, and love the music! Nice!
One more thing: ...an error. When you wanna try again, it says 'object already exists at line 2523'.

Well done!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 13:34
Quote: "I didn't manage (yet) to make a stealth kill, but I'll try till I succeed, though! Hahaa!"

Yeah, you have to be quick when they aren't looking and make sure you hold SHIFT until he grabs the guy!

Quote: "First of all, it looks great! Adding trees was a good idea. "

Thanks I really like them too! I'll be adding a few details to the other levels too.

Quote: "I noticed that you can't control the attack movements? I mean, the movements are randomly chosen when you attack, right? No combo's? Maybe that could be an option?"

That's right they're random at the moment. Combos might be an option later but I didn't want to over-complicate a fairly complicated game!!

Quote: "I saw a lot of straw flying around and sticking. Great! But, no blood?"

Dummies don't bleed. The bad guys in the final level will though

Quote: "Oh, and love the music! Nice!"

Thanks, it's all Kevin McCleods work from Incomptec here:
http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/

I've done a few mixes with some of it but it's all his work. I've contacted him before about using his music and he's cool with it, the lisences are there on the site anyway but I double-checked!

Quote: "One more thing: ...an error. When you wanna try again, it says 'object already exists at line 2523'."

Yeah, I got that too this morning and fixed it since. Thanks for trying the game!!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 16:53
Can't DL at the moment because I'm at the office, but I'll download and give it a burn when I get in tonight.

I'm liking the looks of the new levels. Very snazzy!

Since it seems like people are loving the idea of blood, perhaps you could have it as an unlockable? Like you get it if you get 100% gold?

Anyway, it's looking hot man, I love the character style.

Peace.

(and your shameless plug is forgiven)

Sleep is over-rated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:38:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:38:57