Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Storyteller's Dead Body Scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 22:49 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 17:45
When I made my "Mad Zombie World" machinima I had to manually kill a dozen zombies over and over..... and over again before filming the scene and I thought, there HAS to be an easier way.

So I worked for some evenings and finally managed it. These scripts spawn "dead" characters mostly lying on the floor or sitting slumped against a wall.
Characters are immobile, have no collision, are not bleeding and don't show bullet holes.

in-game screenshot:

Stock characters and those from older Model Packs mainly use stock animations and can use the scripts in the "Stock Characters" folder. It includes a ReadMe, listing Model Packs that I checked for using stock animations only.
Other Model Packs have tailored scripts to make use of their different animations.

To properly use the scripts the character properties have to be set like this:
- Deadxxx script goes into "Main".
- "Start" script must use appear1.fpi or appear2.fpi. (a copy of appear1.fpi is included in the "DeadBodies" root directory for convenience).
- "IsImmoble" must be set to YES.
- Characters should not be given any weapons as these usually don't align with the hands as they should.
- Characters with built-in weapons are mostly unusable as they tend to stick up. DeadSitOnFloor scripts work best with these.
- Characters release death moans when damaged by explosives ONLY (no idea why). If you are using explosives in your level, simply remove anything from the characters "Sound" entry.

When testing these dead characters, I found that using more than 10 eats up too much resources to build a larger level.

Feel free to use these scripts as you like. Here is a sample script - it's really quite simple!

As you can see each and every single script includes a tiny manual how to use the script, for what character(s) it's intended AND even a description of the position in which the character will spawn.

Credits go to bond1, who allready did similar scripts for his Model Pack 22 (I found them by accident while doing animation research for writing these). And of course to Errant AI, not only for his excellent Animation Viewer script - which allowed fast investigation of MP animations - but also for his patient answering of my numerous questions.

download link:http://www.file-upload.net/download-3212669/DeadBodyScripts.rar.html

IMPORTANT: The Model Pack 23 dead scripts (even the "hibernation" scripts) do NOT work properly

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 22:55
I think you deserver some sleep and a Thank you so much, as I'm sure almost everyone can use these.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 22:59
Very nice, and you have scripts for 341 characters, awesome.

My name is Shakleford, Rusty Shakleford, I refuse to speak without my attorny present. I am Mr. Shaklefords attorny Rusty Shakleford, my client pleads insanity.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 23:04 Edited at: 13th Feb 2011 23:53
EDIT: Here is the promised download for a built game of the test level I used (screen from the first post), so you can try out if these scripts really do work ingame

Build is 1.18 beta 7 with full shaders.

link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ge12vl49c4oq7jd

mickeyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alot for these
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 00:48
@The Storyteller 01 : nice script mate !!
everybody need something like that in a shooting game in a determinated time

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 18:44
...very useful!

Thanks.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 21:15
Thanks for the scripts.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 22:12 Edited at: 15th Feb 2011 16:30
UPDATE:
Here is a demo level for some Fantasy Bodies: http://www.mediafire.com/?h5exbu6jqg1k9i2

Ingame Screenshot

Here is another demo level for "dead" TF341 characters, showing what you can create with a little imagination: http://www.mediafire.com/?24aljtz3a9i2pc4

Ingame Screenshot

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 22:03
Can this work with ragdoll?

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 22:10
I don't think so because the "destroy" script never gets to run.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 02:38
unless you make a script that goes right to the destroy script. correct?

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 02:43
Hmm, any way to have it go to the destory for like x amount of time before it goes into suspend?

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 05:01
Thanks Storyteller

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 10:54
Quote: "Hmm, any way to have it go to the destory for like x amount of time before it goes into suspend?"

Sorry, but you don't seem to understand how these scripts work.

Which is: The script calls an animation, waits until the animation has completely run once and then runs the suspend action, which kind of removes the entity from the game while keeping it visible (thats why you can run through it, shoot it without it bleeding etc.). These scripts never actually kill the character so there is no way to make them die ragdoll and then suspend.

But there might be another way to script the result of ragdolled spawned bodies - which you'll have to discover for yourself I'm afraid

RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 10:46
@ The Storyteller 01
Thanks for the pack !

I want to know if your scripts allows to a body to fall from a gantry and land in front of the player ?

Please apologize my bad english, I'm French.

ELDORA Rocks !
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 14:25
Quote: "I want to know if your scripts allows to a body to fall from a gantry and land in front of the player ?"

No.

And the explanation is in the post right above yours

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 12:10
nice!

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 21:30 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 21:31
I've been sorta doing an easier way to do this. Simply set the charecters life time to 1. They will die automatically in a second. After that, I set the destroy script to "leavebody" or something like that. Give's me the same effect and the destory script actives so it could be possible to add ragdoll to it.

I haven't been using FPS creator for a while because im in the process of about to re-install my OS...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 23:52 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 23:54
Sure that works. But that way every character falls flat on its back.

To bring them into different poses you'll have to use my script as the destroy script....so
Quote: "sorta doing an easier way to do this"
,is to use them as the main script in the first place.

In addition my scripts allow to place dead characters exactly to correlate with bloodspots or weapons sticking out of their chests- (just to name a few possibilities)with a couple of tries, because they don't "die" but "lay down" instead.

However your way - combined with ragdoll- could solve the problem to spawn dead characters on stairs or other non-flat surfaces. I just don't know how ragdoll behaves, when the character is set to immobile - which it has to with your method too.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 04:44
Quote: "But that way every character falls flat on its back."

As far as I remember, if you place them near a wall on a certain position, then they should die and sit on the wall dead.

Quote: "However your way - combined with ragdoll- could solve the problem to spawn dead characters on stairs or other non-flat surfaces. I just don't know how ragdoll behaves, when the character is set to immobile - which it has to with your method too."

As far as I remember, you don't need "immobile" on because it's running the destroy script, so colision is turned off. However I never tried it with ragdoll.

Im not saying your script is pointless in anyway don't get me wrong (if you did). Im just saying I've been doing it this way and it worked out for me just fine...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 11:44
I tried to use the 1 second die on an enemy with ragdoll. But for some reason if a character ragdolls not in sight of the player you get this:

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 16:11 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2011 16:14
Did you try it also with Isimmobile=Yes? Or could it be that it collided with the wall?

Anyway, thats the exact point of my deadbody scripts - to place dead bodies like entities, so they spawn reliably the way you want them to appear ingame. Personally I wouldnt risk spawning a ragdoll dead to appear funny or weird when people play my game.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 20:53
Well it seems I was 100% wrong then...

It worked for me until you made the script. Since you proved your point enough times. Then people should just use your script then...

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 21:25
Quote: "It worked for me until you made the script"

I assume it is rather the current beta

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2011 04:06
Quote: "Did you try it also with Isimmobile=Yes? Or could it be that it collided with the wall?

Anyway, thats the exact point of my deadbody scripts - to place dead bodies like entities, so they spawn reliably the way you want them to appear ingame. Personally I wouldnt risk spawning a ragdoll dead to appear funny or weird when people play my game."

Yes I like your scripts. Very easy to set up, and they give the desired effect. I had noticed this problem with ragdoll since it's inception.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:48:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:48:48