Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] - maze generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Depth first search maze generator

change the variables w for width and h for height!
pix:
completed maze

during generation

Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
ARGH! wth? gorrdddm ms paint compression

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 07:35 Edited at: 14th Mar 2011 07:39
You sir are one of my biggest heros. Bill gates, john remero, lee bamber, you

Nice program by the way

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
w00t, made another version that's better for caves. PLUS I've been playing with probabilities - so that if you press the space bar while the maze is generating, the path is more likely to move towards your mouse! I also made it so that you can't see the walls in between cells. Basically, I was going for something to generate cave looking things. As it is, the program is a useful 2d dungeon generator. Each part of the map that's white should be open space - and you can take a screenshot of the thing and save it to a bitmap or something! (not the absolute most efficient way to store stuff, but whatever!)

Quote: "You sir are one of my biggest heros. Bill gates, john remero, lee bamber, you"

This made my day. You inspired me to try to do something I had on my mind for a while... I was going to make a program to create "squigs" as defined in mandelbrot's book the fractal geometry of nature BUT... I'm running into what I'm pretty sure is DBPro-side bugs (Well, not to say my program isn't bugless, but I couldn't debug it because the dang thing didn't work at all! I posted 'bout it in the dbpro board). So... I'm porting teh stuff to C++ and adding some extra features/better code structure. I'll definitely post the results on this thread when I'm done!

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 05:19
I'm glad that found my comment inspiring and I'm glad you decided too make another awesome program . The new project sounds really interesting, could you provide an image of a "squig" or a resource describing it in detail, I don't have access to the book you mentioned above but I will be sure to look for it on my next trip to a book store. Google gave me no results related too geometry, fractal or otherwise.

Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 16:34 Edited at: 15th Mar 2011 16:35
Squigs are... self avoiding edge sharing continous non-differentiable curves! O.o

I wrote up an article on mah website!
http://www.neurofuzzydev.com/papers/whatsasquig.php

[edit]
oh, yeah, and the pictures are fine, it's just how the forum displays them that messes 'em up.

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 20:44
Thank you those do look very interesting indeed. I cant wait to see this finished.

Ps. the pictures display fine for me, really sharp and clear.

Oh and one other thing relating to the squig project: I think it would be cool to define how big the starting triangles are, and it would be cool to have a slo-mo mode to see the squigs being subdevided and such. Like your animated gif.

gfgfgfdddddddd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 02:23

yo
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 06:59 Edited at: 16th Mar 2011 07:08
Schweet! got it.

Here's the source code for the "Squig" class.
Uhh, the only API specific thing is the draw function. I used SDL for the demo, but DGDK could be used incredibly easily. In the following snippet, I just replaced all the "line" commands with "dbLine"... I think that would work in DGDK.

Squig.h

Squig.cpp

Aaaand the vector class I use is as follows:
vector2.h

vector2.cpp

[edit]
Oh, and of course, the download link to the compiled program. Press "0" to iterate.
http://www.neurofuzzydev.com/downloads/C++/squig.rar

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 01:16
nicely done!

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 13:41 Edited at: 11th Jun 2011 15:21
Neuro Fuzzy

I've tried your cave generator posted on 15 March but keep getting memblock errors:

I've tried changing the screen resolution, etc, but keep getting the same result. Did you post an early version by mistake? Or is my copy/paste suspect?

Edit

Tinkered with the code a bit and it now seems to work. Good work Neuro Fuzzy.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
noobnerd
Years of Service
User Offline
wow awesome maze genrator! Could you possibly add a function that highlights a path from a point to another?
10JACK7
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. I've always wondered if someone had done this. You should make a way to save an image, such as (in the main loop):

This saves an image of the whole screen to "C:\myimage.bmp" when the user presses the S key.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:06:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:06:08