Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / HATE Giveaway.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 18:08
Hello DBproPeeps!

it's been a long time since I've been around these parts - mainly down to a virus killing about 3 years work and me not having the will power to start all over again.

Anyway, in checkin my online server I found builds of a lot of my projects, and some were still compilable, so I'm going to start putting some things up.

The First is a working (kinda) version of HATE, a cover based 3rd person arena shooter.

(the old thread on it is now locked http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=8&t=160358&p=0)

Anyway, I think it turned out pretty cool. It's got different baddies, 9 different guns, cover system, 2 view points, executions, knockdowns, mines, grenades, melee, explosions, and pretty decent AI.

Worth checking out maybe?

Download from here:
http://www.peanutbutterfingers.co.uk/hate.htm

Sleep is over-rated.
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to hear about the loss of your projects - what a hassle - I'd wondered what had become of them all. Thanks for posting this one. I'll give it a whirl.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 14:53
Butters! I was beginning to think you'd dropped off the face of the Earth! Glad you are back fella!!

So sorry to hear of the loss of those great projects, they've been an inspiration to me.

Hopefully you will be back soon with a new project? Downloading Hate in the meantime...

Welcome back anyway!!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 16:20
Thanks Plotinus - do let me know what you think of it

Baxslash,

hey good to hear from you man, yeah I've been out of the scene for a while! It was gutting to loose all the projects, I've found some of the source code and media for some of my projects so I can continue, but it's a case of getting all the plugins downloaded again!

I'm still making games though, just not on DB right now. I'm working on a generative music racing game for ipad and iphone4 at the moment, as well as some larger Neuro controlled games. Have a side project running for Kinect too.

I've updated my website with some new projects too.

Anyway, let me know what you think of Hate, I still have the files for Hate and Cloud rangers, so I'm going to finish them.

laters,

Butters

Sleep is over-rated.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 16:47
Hey Butter Fingers, glad to see you back!

Quote: "a virus killing about 3 years work"

Jeez, sorry to hear that, dude. Must have been dreadfull to loose all your hard work. I sympathize.

What happened to JoyInc.? Lost that too? Would be awesome to see it finished.

I'll check Hate out later.

Cheers

SLAYER RULES! YEAH, MAN!!
LondonKid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 18:58
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident with the virus...and the loss of your projects...I sympathise...

I remember you telling me a while back that the HATE project was shelved but didn't imagine its fate to be this...

~LK~
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 15:17
Thanks to whoever got me a newsletter comment! Very cool to get some recognition...

Would be great to get some feedback on the game. I've managed to do some HD recovery on the murdered drive and get back most of the lost files, although until I setup my new Desktop with DB and all that stuff then I can't really tell if I can finish it or if I'm missing too much!

Happy to chat AI or editors or anything with anyone who wants to know how it's done.

Sleep is over-rated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:36:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:36:08