Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Anayar's FREE Weapon Pack W.I.P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 16:14 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 04:01
Original post and pack started: July 2011

Update: January 9th, 2012

Well I promised you guys something one week ago and it's been pushed back due to me falling sick and some of problems (Internet stuff). Anyways, without further ado, I present to you, the most up-to-date update in this (surprisingly long) thread:

1. G36C:
This gun is bing completely remodelled, retexture and rerigged so look out for it in the next update

2. HK-G3
Model: Wolf
Texture: Anayar

3. AK-47
Model: Gencheff
Texture: Anayar, but it will be redone so watch for this in the next update

4. AK-74M (Thank you VENT)
Texture: Gencheff

5. F2000
Model: Flaming Chainsaw
Texture: Will be done by me, watch for this in the next update.

6. M16
Model: VENT

7. ACR
Model: Anayar (Front and rear ironsights have been added since this render)
Texture: as said before, watch for this.

8. UMP45
Model: Anayar
Texture: Watch for this

9. Kriss(Vector)
Model: This model along with another got corrupt when my PC decided to die. Thy will both be remade. Watch this space.

10. AK-M92
Model: Poloflece
Texture: Poloflece

11. Mark12-Mod0 Rifle
Model: Asher
Texture: Me. Will be shown in future update.

12. Intervention
Model: TGPEG
Texture: TGPEG
This has been shown before with one major revision. It is currently being rigged to some custom anima with the stock hands as opposed to the Josh Mooney hands it had before.

13. WA2000:
Model: Flaming Chainsaw
Texture: Will be done by me.
Im not completely satisfied with the state of the model, needs some minor tweaking. I will be editing the model and then posting it, so watch this space.

14. PP2000:
Texture: Will be me.
Unfortunately this is one of the other models that got corrupt along with the Kriss.

15. Taurus 24/7
Model: Asher

16. Makarov:
Model: Wolf
This model has been shown before. The only MAJOR change is that Arseny has been an amazing help and rigged it to his own custom animations. I hope to show these to you guys in a video soon so watch this space.

17. Remington 870

18. AA-12
Texture: Anayar (watch for this)

19. HE Grenade:
Texture: Gencheff

20. SOG Daggert2:

ATTACHMENTS:

EOTech:
Model: Likon
Texture: Likon
Likon from Fpsbanana was kind enough to allow me to include this in the pack. Big thanks to him!

Laser:
Model: TGPEG
Texture: TGPEG (I might redo it based on interest)

Bipod:

New hand texture can be seen in the images of in-game guns. Also, the muzzleflashes for assault rifles are all 94, not the current cheesy looking one in the M16 video (Thanks loads! To Dillon for making both videos.) Also there is probably somestuff I hav forgotten in this update... rest assured it will be in the next

And finally I owe thanks to all those who have contributed and all those who have supported me during development so far. I wouldn't have been able to get this far without you guys. Special thanks to my girlfriend for putting up with me through the dev of this pack and hearing talk of nothing but guns.

Comment and critics are welcome and indeed I hope interest has not been lost. Don't lose faith guys, this WILL be complete, on my life

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 16:46
Looking good mate!!

The position or size of the hand bugs me to be honest. It looks tiny in comparison to the gun.

None-the-less, fantastic work!

Abdul Ahad

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 18:02
Looks great man!

Perhaps a liiiittle too blocky though.
Otherwise, its fantastic

And yeah, I agree with abdul on the hands.
I think they should be a fraction bigger, and also the thumb clutching the gun a little more, so it looks a little more like he is holding it rather than resting it on his palm.

Further than I ever got :-Y
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey well done on your first weapon pack.I thought that you dont know how to create 3D weapon model lol.Anyway congratulation on your first weapon pack!

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
King Fluffs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 18:05
Very nice good sir.

Swift Beta Studios
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 18:19 Edited at: 5th Jul 2011 19:00
Quote: "Looking good mate!!

The position or size of the hand bugs me to be honest. It looks tiny in comparison to the gun.

None-the-less, fantastic work!"

It kind of bugs me too... Hmm, let me try scaling either the weapon or the hands.

[/quote]Perhaps a liiiittle too blocky though.
Otherwise, its fantastic

Quote: "And yeah, I agree with abdul on the hands.
I think they should be a fraction bigger, and also the thumb clutching the gun a little more, so it looks a little more like he is holding it rather than resting it on his palm."

Blocky? The UMSG? I didnt think so when I modeled it lol Anyways, thanks mate! And yes, the hands are really starting to bug me now... Let me see what I can do (Thank God the MP6 hands are so easy to work with!)

@Leon: Whatever gave you that idea lol? Ive just never tried weapons before... always stuck to safe territory. Special thanks goes to Wolf... If I hadnt seen all his awesome guns I probably would never have gotten off my arse and started modelling these lol

@King Fluffs: Thanks Mate!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Had an hour or two just now so I sat down and modeled the G36... Well almost. Just need to add the rail and top ironsights and this guy is good to go. Modeling is starting to get really fun now! Plus the gusn are turning out quiet low-poly... for example, this one is well below 500 poly's... giving me plenty of room to detail the rails and sides

Anyways, an image of the ALMOST finished G36C:

I think Im starting to get the hang of modeling from reference pictures now (and adding detail)... what do you guys think? Crits are welcome on both the INSAS and G36C (And ofcourse the UMSG, but that is kind of beyond repair unless it has to do with hands/rigging)

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 18:25 Edited at: 5th Jul 2011 18:33
Double post, forgive me Mods (The EDIT button is unclickable for me ATM ... tried clicking and nothing happens).

Anyways, posting because I wanted to know weather anyone had any info. to offer on shaders? Im really in the dark here as Shaders are just beyond me (Plus my FPSC has a horrible bug when I turn shader effects on, but I wont get into that now). If anybody could help me out or point me to a tutorial I would really appreciate it (not Bind1's, Seen ALL of his )

Cheers,
Anayar

[EDIT] Well, now its working lol[/EDIT]

For KeithC
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 22:21
The weapons are very well done imo, its just that we have plenty of "Modern Day" weapons.

I would gladly spend 10-20 bucks on a Model Pack that consists of hard-core SF weapons. Same goes for a melee weapons pack for MP6 hands.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 04:13 Edited at: 6th Jul 2011 04:45
Quote: "Same goes for a melee weapons pack for MP6 hands. "

Thanks mate! Wow... are you physcic? Send me an email if you want to learn more

[EDIT] Updated the first post so the newer weapons are SF themed [/EDIT]

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 05:39
UPDATE:

Finished modelling the G36C... Onto the HK Pistol

Screenshot:

Id love some C&C on the completed models guys ... Hope you like em

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 05:53
Niiiiyece

I just started using 3d coat so I might be able to outdo you

Provided I can be bothered retoplogising a model, which takes like 3 hours

Poloflece

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 07:12
Quote: "I just started using 3d coat so I might be able to outdo you "

Thanks mate! 3D Coat... thats a pretty nice program Doesnt it have auto-retopo? My friend uses it and thoroughly recommends it... Im happy with Milkshape though (I created this gun in less than 2 hours lmao). Anyways, bring it my friend!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 09:01 Edited at: 6th Jul 2011 09:04
Double post... yet again

UPDATE: All models will use Jon Fletcher's FREE Hands. They look SO much better than the other hands it unbelievable

Anyways, here is the UMSG rigged to the new hands:

What do you guys think of the new hands? C&C is requested

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 09:17
That is sick, the scale is good now aswell.

3d coat can convert voxels into a low poly mesh but the topology isn't great so it would be harder to uv map and animate. I'll have to see how I go.

Poloflece

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 09:29
Thanks Polo, yeah, I like the scale aswell. And I have no idea about using 3D Coat for low-poly modelling (didint even think that was possible) and my friend only uses it for high-poly renders. He sculpts around it and then bakes in some other program to get the detail

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 10:31
Yeah the renders look really good, and is good for telling how the texture maps will work in fps. But the normal mapping is much more powerful.When you are in voxel sculpting mode you can export it as a 300,000 poly model but you can also reduce it to around 2000 (if you reduce it by 98% )

Poloflece

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 11:10
Modelling after referencep pics is great but it's easy to get a very blocky model. the g36 basicly has the same thickness all over the gun. Otherwise great work

Srry about my english im from sweeden
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 11:48
@The Zoq: Thanks man... but have you actually looked at references of a G36? It IS basically the same thickness all over Try looking first mate. Also, the width is slightly varied between the front, back and stock... guess its just hard to tell from the image

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow nice weapon you created there.Did you use milkshape?

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 17:38
Quote: "Wow nice weapon you created there.Did you use milkshape?"

Thanks Leon! Yeah, everything is made in Milkshape

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks Leon! Yeah, everything is made in Milkshape "

Milkshape is easy tool.I try to make some weapons in milkshape and the result is good.So do you animate your weapons or rig it?

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 18:26
Rig I'm not going to delve into the whole animating side ATM

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 19:47
UPDATE:

Almost finished modelling the HK MP7A1... take a look. All that is left is the rail, the ironsights and some details on the body

Screenies:

Anyways, I have taken off the HK MK23 from the list of weapons... I decided to focus on Assault Rifles for the pack. A new SF Weapon will be added shortly

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 19:54
Nice so far, you should add a p90 to the list lol

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 19:58
Quote: "Nice so far, you should add a p90 to the list lol"

Lol, I would, but there is already a free one on FPS-Files. Im trying to do some weapons which people havent freely made before.

OT: It was some other car (or to more correct- Auto-rickshaw) outside. Now Im stuck waiting again

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
I am confused by some of these posts, are the weapons animated or not, if not they are of no use to me, I like the thrill of reloading while the enemy is aproaching.lol

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 01:24 Edited at: 7th Jul 2011 01:26
What about some power tools as weapons, like a nail gun, disc cutter, and a drill for close combat all with a battery life as ammo,ooh yeh and a Hilti Gun, and the most deadly weapon on earth (A Mother inlaw)

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 01:44
I always wanted to model an Mp7, they look very cool or should I say yours is very cool.

I might rig to JF's hands from now on.

Poloflece

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 02:10
This will be a great pack.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 04:03
Quote: "I am confused by some of these posts, are the weapons animated or not, if not they are of no use to me, I like the thrill of reloading while the enemy is aproaching.lol"

Ofcourse they are animated mate... how would you manke a weapon pack that is not animated? Unless ofcourse you used them as props lol (considering the fact that most of these are so low-poly).

Quote: "What about some power tools as weapons, like a nail gun, disc cutter, and a drill for close combat all with a battery life as ammo,ooh yeh and a Hilti Gun,"

Not in this pack mate, this one's just going to have modern day and SF assault rifle's Email me if youd like more info about a different pack in the works

Quote: "I always wanted to model an Mp7, they look very cool or should I say yours is very cool.

I might rig to JF's hands from now on."

Well, Id say the gun looks cool, but my model is far from cool. Maybe when its done, with details, a good normal map, and a great shader it will probably look good

Only bummer with his hands is that you cant sell weapons made with them... which is a disappointment

@Beastmore: Thanks mate!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
I had to ask as you said they are so low poly, I would make a gun, but I don't want to mess with that much animation, Damn You win again. you really are hard to keep up with, I must learn weapons.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 09:21 Edited at: 7th Jul 2011 09:23
Well because I am a gentleman, and because I have control over my emotions I am going to ignore a certain someone's comments and get back to modelling. Let the mods take the action they should take (Though just a warning; Spamming me on MSN is only going to get you blocked... youve already lost your first chance.)

Anyways, back to the pack:

Finished modelling the MP7A1 just now; I put the most effort into this one fo all the guns so far... I think it shows. Anyways, Ill be doing more detailing on the other guns too as they are both under 600 tri's.

Screenshot:

This is just a hair under 1000's tri's. Not bad I think... let me know what you guys think After I model the Ingram Im goign to start texturing

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 13:28
Well, guess Ill just keep updating then...

I made some changes to the G36C and INSAS... made them more detailed if you will. And I also have a Marmoset Render of all the guns (except the UMSG) which looks pretty good IMO

Here they are:
All guns so far;

G36C New;

INSAS New;

Anyways, C7C is welcome... I expect harsh feedback (just as I give) so...

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 14:35
Looking good anayar, remember to not make the weapons edges sharp (like the g36c you've got there). Try to smooth the edges a little.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 16:17
Nice stuff Anayar, but I have to agree with Lewis on this one. Smoother edges would be nice.

Great stuff either way.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 16:30 Edited at: 7th Jul 2011 16:35
Not necessarily smoother edges,They could be chamfered and left without a smoothing group,if the weapon has such style.My main concerns with the weapons are the blocky-ness and the small grips on some.Don't try to compensate detail on the model with the texture,these are HUD models(are they?).

By the way,I have a model for throw-away - an ak-47.I know,generic,but I really have no use for it and it's 95% done.It's fairly low-poly (around 1700) and it has a partially done UV-map.Let me know if you are interested.

Samotnijat vylk nasred gorata.
-3D,2D Artist,Animator,Web developer and Programmer.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 17:33 Edited at: 7th Jul 2011 18:36
@Lewis: Thanks mate! Ill answer youre crit below (along with gencheff's)

@Dipo: Thanks. Again Ill answer below.

Quote: "Not necessarily smoother edges,They could be chamfered and left without a smoothing group,if the weapon has such style.My main concerns with the weapons are the blocky-ness and the small grips on some.Don't try to compensate detail on the model with the texture,these are HUD models(are they?)."

Alright, to answer everybody's crit about the sharp edges. Im running into real limitations with milkshape in that department. It doesnt have basic features like fillet, bevel, etc. which is really pissing me off. The only way to get beveled edges it to manually place them vertex by vertex which is something that can only be done on one axis (if that makes sense). So if you want beveled edges at the front, youll have to sacrifice them on the sides. The only other way is to create a plane, angle it, then move the guns vertices to the sides of the plane (this is a royal pain and fails 80% of the time for anything that isnt perfectly straight).

Anyways, if anybody who uses milkshape knows a way to do this, I would be extremely grateful if you could give me a few pointers. And to answer your questions, yes, these are HUD models. Anyways, Gencheff, could you tell me which of the weapons grips is small? I really cant tell (as they were modeled straight from ref. pics... maybe its just the screenshot angle?)

Anyways, Im going to try and bevel/ fillet the edges. Will let you guy know if I am successful. For my first weapon models in a while I think they are decent though lol

Quote: "By the way,I have a model for throw-away - an ak-47.I know,generic,but I really have no use for it and it's 95% done.It's fairly low-poly (around 1700) and it has a partially done UV-map.Let me know if you are interested."

That model looks damn good! Better than anything in this thread lol. Anyways, Id gladly take it, finish UV'ing it and texture it... but only if you give me permission to release it in this FREE pack. You will receive full credit ofcourse Let me know and Ill add it to the list

Ive added the AK to the list... Hope I have your permission

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 07:29
Hey Gencheff, so is it okay to include the AK in the pack (as said above) and if it is can you send me the files? I want to get these models textured

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 12:25
Sure it's okay.Some parts are actually textured already.I'll send you everything via email in a few hours

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 12:34
Quote: "Sure it's okay.Some parts are actually textured already.I'll send you everything via email in a few hours"

Sweet mate, thanks! Waiting for it

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
looks awsome anayar keep at it i know nothing about modeling but i can give u an ideah to think about im shure you already know as i am new ! the main problem i see on weapons in the tgc forum (not your guns) is that the size of the actuall guns are always to big for the player but the guns end up turning out great minus the size ! for example the scar in the moderwarfare pack is a sick gun from the texture to the way it fires but the gun model is 2 big it takes up half of the screeen and the players hands look small holding the gun... just trying to post somehting constructive to help out ..again nobody take offense to what i said i love all the weapons everybody makes even the new guys i cant make a single gun lmao!!!!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2011 06:37
Thanks Sic1ne! And I agree with you Im looking at reference pics. with the gun in soldiers hands to get a sense of the scale, so hopefully these weapons will be just right It was hard to get a sense of scale with the UMSG since it was modeled out of my imagination

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i think the umsg looks awsome u did a great job that was just something that i noticed about some weapons on here so i thought id point that out because this post is about weapons right lol keep it up i cant wait!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2011 20:20 Edited at: 10th Jul 2011 20:24
@Sic1ne: Thanks mate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Got some time to texture the AK-47 from Gencheff today. The Magazine and Stock textures are done by him... Im sure he used some reference images (Nothing wrong with that...its what Ill be doing with the other guns). I decided just for this gun to try and hand-paint as much of the texture as possible. The texture on the body is the base... i will be adding details like designs, screws, etc. tom. Till then, let me know what you guys think

Screenies (Marmoset doesnt work well with multi-textured models... for this one the stock, mag and body texture are seperate, so i had to do the renders with Milkshape )

Texture (Hand-painted but for the wood...):

Id love some C&C on the texture... Please leave a comment. And Gencheff, let me know what you think... I know you could have done much better, but Id love to know what you think of my humble attempt

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2011 20:35
Actually,the stock is hand-painted by yours truly lol.The magazine on the other hand is referenced,yes.

The body is not bad,it's a bit too contrasty(is this even a word?) though.Try to get the base color as near as you can to the magazine texture.

Good job anyway!

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 02:09
Looks awesome Anayar (and Gencheff)

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 03:42
Shaping up nicely

AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 04:49
The stock and clip look fine, but the rest looks like stone a little.
And if you are gonna draw on some AO you should probably draw it on all the parts, not just the main part.

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 04:57 Edited at: 11th Jul 2011 04:59
Quote: "Actually,the stock is hand-painted by yours truly lol.The magazine on the other hand is referenced,yes.

The body is not bad,it\'s a bit too contrasty(is this even a word?) though.Try to get the base color as near as you can to the magazine texture."

Damn...really? It looked so realistic I thought it must be a photo . How do you do this stuff mate? And anyways, thanks . Ill try to change the base color... The bases are all seperate layers from the grunge lol (This is by far the largest texture ive ever done... 54 layers lol)

@Polo: Thanks mate!

@Bruce: Thanks!

@AJ Schaeffer: Sorry mate, but the texture doesnt look like stone to me in Milkshape OR Marmoset Maybe its just the render I think with the proper shaders applied, this gun could be a beauty! And what do you mean about the AO... I havent done an AO bake on the model so...

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 07:13
I mean where you drew shadows around the edges in some areas. Looks like hand painted AO.

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:20:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:20:37