Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / A good cause

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A while back I breifly discussed making something to help support the fight aginst breast cancer. Well this is not much but its for a good cause:

http://youtu.be/9xtfcWmdIWY

As stated 30% will be donated to UK breast cancer research team in my friends mom memory. She died a few days ago after fighting it for a long period of time. My mom had breast cancer as well but she won the fight. However, not all moms win the battle. Honestly don't know what my life as a adult would be like with out my mom even today at 30. Next to my wife, my moms still my rock. So please support the fight aginst breast cancer and donate to the breast cancer foundation if you can and help save a mom.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 18:01
A noble cause. Why not donate 100% of proceeds?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 18:08
Quote: "Why not donate 100% of proceeds?"

I guess because a dancing stick figure screensaver was hours of work. ... no really.

Its noble to see that you would like to donate for such a good cause, however, the product itself is horrible.

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 19:43 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 19:47
It was the project I was working on when she died. Vex asked me if I would use this program since it was the one i was working on when she passed. Its basicly a screen saver i was making for fun but turned into something a little more meaningful for Vex and I. so the program not picked because it was a epic software.

Edit:
The other amount of profits will go to vex and his family and help us pay the bills. we will likely take amybe 5% of profits once everything is done and said. Hence why its not 100%. In the future we will make a screensaver just for donating and 100% will go toward it. But this was not planned if that makes sense.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 12:25
what makes me angry is, there actually have been breaktroughts in cancer treatments nearly as close the the cure as can be, but these breaktroughs were often rejected for the fear of cancer treatment center employees loosing jobs because of it

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 15:43
Quote: "what makes me angry is, there actually have been breaktroughts in cancer treatments nearly as close the the cure as can be, but these breaktroughs were often rejected for the fear of cancer treatment center employees loosing jobs because of it"

Either give sources or stop slandering.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 15:53
No offense, but I'll just tab a fiver to Cancer Research UK rather than buying this...

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 18:24
Is this serious?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 18:29
Part of me fears that it is so...

Either Old School is a fairly dedicated troll - what with the pony game parody he made earlier - or simply trying to make nice things and ending up not quite getting it.

Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 18:45
I am a avid donator to cancer research UK as i to have lost a relative through cancer and i thank you for supporting a worthy cuase but you will not get many proceeds with that product.

Keep up the donating though!

[img][[/img]
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 19:44
Quote: "I am a avid donator to cancer research UK as i to have lost a relative through cancer and i thank you for supporting a worthy cuase but you will not get many proceeds with that product."

Exactly, not only does the product need to be decent enough to warrant a purchase, it needs to be related to the situation. I'm not saying make a depressive screensaver with pictures of dying people but I just think a poorly animated stickman dancing to some upbeat dance music is completely inappropriate for the subject matter at hand.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 19:47
I find it pointless donating to cancer: there is one for breast, lung, skin etc cancer
I want to donate to them all: but thats a bit much money: 10$ would be enough for me, possibly each month.. but not to 50 different donating services =/

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to (600x120) maximum size
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 21:15
I think my feedback would be to make something people would want to buy, that sounds harsh I know. I know it goes to a good cause, but so does paying a charity directly. Giving proceeds away is a good cause, definitely, but 30% of nothing is still nothing if nobody's willing to spend money on a product.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:39:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:39:45