Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Canalyst - Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 19:54 Edited at: 4th Jun 2012 22:14

(Canalyst)

General information
Canalyst is a horror-shooter by the Sector49 Team. The story takes place in 2034, where the world is destroyed by an atomic war. You play Sergey, who was brought into Moscow's canalization just in time, before the bombs reached the metropolis. Twenty years later, when he grew up he decides to leave his station underground and go outside.

Story
The year's 2034. The world was completely destroyed because of an atomic war. You are the young Sergey, who was brought into Moscow's canalization shortly before the bombs reached the city. His parents ran back to the flat to get some things, but in this moment several bombs hit Moscow. A few thousand people could flee into the canalization and metro. Sergey only was a little child but survived and grew up in the difficult conditions underground.

Years passed and Sergey became a strong and clever man. The small camp in which Sergey and his uncle lived together with a few other people at the beginning, grew up to a great capitol in the underground and is often visited by people from other camps and even metro stations. At the age of 23, Sergey decided to search for the reasons of the war, but he was stopped. His uncle said, that he is too young. But his friend, Alexey, owed him a favor that Sergey used. He let himself wake up when everyone was asleep, took something to eat, an old leather jacket, his uncle's Makarov and fuel for the motor-handcar, that the mechanic just finished and and drove off. But something went wrong...

Estimated full-version release: 2012

Features
- Own source-code modification. (Based on FPSC 1.17)
- Custom music and most of the sounds, too.
- Many custom media (segments, entities and so on.)
- Dark atmosphere. Might get a little frightening...
- Cutscenes.
- Russian voice-acting. (With subtitles in English)

Screenshots

More screenshots available here: http://sector49.pf-control.de/canalyst/screenshots

Video
Canalyst Demo-Release Trailer

Download
Full demo (already patched)
Size: 137 MB
Directly from our server: http://sector49.pf-control.de/canalyst/demo/canalyst_demo_new_patched_full.exe
Mirrors: http://www.northernfoxmedia.com/index.php?option=downloads&task=info&id=375
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/QDQAYUTQ/canalyst_demo_new_patched_full.exe_links

Patch from 1.0 to 1.1:
Size: 34MB
Directly from our server: http://sector49.pf-control.de/canalyst/demo/canalyst_demo_new_patch.exe
Mirrors: http://www.multiupload.com/NOKIOET7WK

Known bugs
We cannot guarantee, that the demo is completely bug-free, so we would like to make a list of all known bugs and errors in the demo here and fix them all at once later. Everything could be a great help!

- Cutscene at the end of the demo plays twice
- After loading a saved game, a Makarov pistol is floating in front of you.

Fixed bugs
- Fixed collision problems in level 2.
- Fixed crash in the beginning of level 2 by reducing the amount of used memory.

Bug report/Contact
If you encounter a bug or an error, please either make a comment in this thread, or drop us a mail at: sector49@live.de

We hope, you will enjoy this demo-version.

Greetings,
Sector49 Studios Team

Skype name: thek491
tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 21:26
I like it!

Downloading as we speak

-Tokyomage

.....the feel of solitude hurts inside....
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 22:10 Edited at: 1st Nov 2011 22:16
I just played it, small review

The good
First level was... Incredible. I forgot I was playing an FPSC game.
Although I didn't understand the voice acting it added another level of immersion.
The instructions on the wall work very well.
Lighting is almost perfect.
The animation of the car at the end was stunning.
Viewing the cutscene through the characters eyes was nice, and made the storyline more engaging

A few improvements
In some of the longer pieces of text the English is not perfect.
At the start of the second level I failed because I didn't peek round the door, but there was no reason to do so.
The game didn't use the keys I assigned, but rather 8,4,2,6 to move.
The characters are, relative to the quality of the rest of the game, not guite smooth enough.

In conclusion
A very profesional looking game, slick loading screens, voice acting and media quality combined with an immersive storyline; this will be hard to beat.

All browsers should come with compulsory spell checks.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 22:14
Quote: "- Russian voice-acting. (With subtitles in English)"

Brings in mid when I discovered that I could switch to russia in Metro 2033, it made the game better, gave a certain mood. From that point on, I have loved russian language (in games or so, I can't understand a bit of it really ).

Can't download at the moment, but when the weekend comes... FUN FUN FUN FUN!

3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Emailed you bout something

3Bit
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 17:08 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2011 17:20
Trailer is fantastic, downloading demo now.

EDIT:

cant seem to install, just get message

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 17:29
X Games, you will probably just have to redownload it. Maybe something gone wrong while you downloaded it.
The installer should work just fine.

Greetings,
Jan

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 18:44
Sorry for the double-posting, I've got tons of mirrors for the demo up for everyone, who has problems downloading it from our server.

http://www.multiupload.com/N96W20APIV

Greetings,
Jan

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 20:09 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2011 20:12
Thanks TheK re-downloaded and worked fin and I must say this fpsc game demo is exceptional, I was very impressed, I seen you used some of my media "it made the game" loljk

edit; sorry forgot to say; Im running win7 64bit gf gtx 280 8gig ram, ran the demo on full spec and it was just perfect!

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 14:26 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2011 14:26
Thank you X Games, bobochobo and everyone else for the nice comments!

Greetings,
Jan

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 20:50
The trailer looks absolutely amazing! What program do you use for your video editing? Adobe After Effects? And if you don't mind answering, how did you make like a spectator? So that you can fly around the world and through walls and stuff?

Other than that, this game is great! Almost everything is perfect about it and i hope it does very well!

I would go into a more, in depth review but i currently do not have the time to do so.

But great job! Keep up the good work, and i can't wait for the final release!
- Josh

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 20:56
Great work on this project, Jan. We enjoyed it and, although the minor hiccup we had emailed you about, the demo worked great on both our Vista and Win 7 machines.

We look forward to seeing the progress on this, since we follow the development team.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2011 16:08
Thank you guys for your kind words! Appreciate this very much!

Exu Corporations, we used Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas for the trailer. The "flying" is done with a custom source-code modification.

BlackFox, we are already working on that little problem you two encountered. It might be patchable.

Greetings,
Jan

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2011 22:33
Thank you.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 01:58
2 things:
1. Almost on every door i had collision glitches->very irritating
2. What am i supposed to do when i come to the barman? Just randomly press numbers on my keyboard until i guess the right question/answer?

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 11:04 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 11:07
Brendy boy,

1. Yes, on a few systems we encountered those rare collision problems, too. We will keep an eye on it.

2. Did you set all the settings in the launcher to the maximum (especially the screen resolution)? If not, do this to see the subtitles and other things like the barman conversation.

We will try to get a little patch out tomorrow to fix the worst bugs.

Greetings,
Jan

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 13:48 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 13:49
I have the problem that the Tutorial texts appear unreadable:

As you can see the textures are sharp, just the text is blurry. The conversation huds appear normal though (but are made with HUDTEXT I guess)

My specs (according to dxdiag) are

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 14:05
Can you tell me the your launcher-settings?

Greetings,
Jan

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 14:31 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 14:32
Thanks for the hint

I played with the default settings, cause I didn't even check the options in the launcher - and that caused the tutorial huds to become blurred

A review will be coming this weekend.

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 14:55
Ah, alright! Looking forward to it!

Greetings,
Jan

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 17:34
@TheK
Quote: "2. Did you set all the settings in the launcher to the maximum (especially the screen resolution)? If not, do this to see the subtitles and other things like the barman conversation."

Yes i did set the maximum resolution which my laptop supports: 1280x1024. I couldn't see any of the conversation

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 18:12 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 18:13
Brendy boy, I personally never heard of a laptop with a resolution of 1280x1024... To read the FPGCRAWTEXT properly, you have to set the game resolution to your desktop resolution. It's a little bit of the engine's fault. If you set another resolution, the engine stretches the image to fit the whole screen, which makes such things as FPGCRAWTEXT unreadable. We tried to make the text bigger, but couldn't do so. Probably your laptop's screen resolution is 1280x800?

Greetings,
Jan

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 19:07
Quote: "To read the FPGCRAWTEXT properly, you have to set the game resolution to your desktop resolution"

From my extensive experience with FPGCRAWTEXT that is not correct. It might go over the screen borders for low resolutions but text displayed using the FPGCRAWTEXT command it will always be readable.

Wheras text displayed using the HUDTEXT command is treated as a HUD and therefore could suffer from a "wrong" resolution.

And as far as I checked the scripts, all displayed text in "Canalyst" is HUDTEXT.

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 19:37 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 19:41
Quote: "And as far as I checked the scripts, all displayed text in "Canalyst" is HUDTEXT."

The conversation relies on HUDTEXT, that's true, because it's necessary to display multiple texts at once, which wouldn't have been possible with the current implementation of RAWTEXT, which can only show one text at a time - while the conversation needs multiple lines of text at different positions.

The subtitles, however, all use the newer, and fancy, RAWTEXT, since it's not necessary for them to show multiple lines at once.

It's surely not nice to have stretching problems, or two different looking types of texts, but that was the only option so far... although that may change for the final game.

-Doomster

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 20:06
Quote: "Brendy boy, I personally never heard of a laptop with a resolution of 1280x1024..."

My laptop max resolution is 1366x768 (which is also my desktop resolution) so it seems that i set the wrong resolution in the options. I'll try with the correct one and see if it works correctly

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 23:15 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2012 14:20
Alright, we are rolling out the demo-patch! Links are available right now. There are a fully patched demo and a patch for those, who still have the unpatched demo installed and don't want to download 140MB.

Full demo (already patched)
Size: 137 MB
Directly from our server: http://sector49.pf-control.de/canalyst/demo/canalyst_demo_new_patched_full.exe
Mirrors: http://www.multiupload.com/7O5X40M4OC

Patch from 1.0 to 1.1
Size: 34MB
Directly from our server: http://sector49.pf-control.de/canalyst/demo/canalyst_demo_new_patch.exe
Mirrors: http://www.multiupload.com/NOKIOET7WK

Known bugs
- Cutscene at the end of the demo plays twice
- After loading a saved game, a Makarov pistol is floating in front of you.

Fixed bugs
- Fixed collision problems in level 2.
- Fixed crash in the beginning of level 2 by reducing the amount of used memory.

We also added some little features to the launcher, like a first start-message for you to take a look into the options and a new available screen-resolution of 1366x768 pixels. Also the launcher now automatically sets the best screen resolution for you at first start. You can still change it later.

Greetings,
Jan

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 01:10
In this case, I'll have to replay the patched demo to do it justice

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 14:22
Hello everyone,

as our website moved to another webhosting provider, I updated all links. Now downloads from our server go way faster!

Greetings,
Jan

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 13:11 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 13:15
Haha just downloaded it and played it.I must admit,this game is very awsome game made in FPSC.So here's comment and critic.

Pros

The story progress is good 8/10.

The lighting effect is good and fit with the game 9/10.

The model of weapons is good 8/10.

The launcher and menu for the game is really great.Err actually I like the launcher than menu.The menu for game need to improve I think.Althought the menu is bit boring but the launcher really looks like AAA quality game hehe.

Menu 7/10

Launcher 9/10

Design is really pros,I liked it alot.9/10

Animation is really really great work.Its seem I playing Bioshock FPSC Game hehe.So 10/10!

Bad

The perfomance is bit slow.Its around 25-36.I think it was bit slow.MY PC can support Crysis 2 with 40-63 fps.I hink it's the engine fault. 4/10

Thats all for today.I just wanna know,is this commercial game or freeware game.Its seem looks like commercial game.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Rytuklis
Years of Service
User Offline
Game wont work.
When i try to launch it says "Program has stopped working"

Im using Windows 7 32Bit
4GB of RAM
Asus Video Card HC6850 1GB Microsoft Direct X11
Processor Intel Core i5 3.4ghz
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 13:21
Leongamerz, thank you very much for the review! The people are asking quite often, whether this will be commercial or not. I can say, it will not be commercial. Free for all!

Rytuklis, I am sorry to tell you, that this is a bug that we still couldn't fix up. You are not the only one encontering this problem and we don't know why this is happening. Doomster's gone through the whole sourcecode couple of times and there just aren't any mistakes he did regarding this. Thank you for testing it out anyway.

Greetings,
Jan

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Leongamerz, thank you very much for the review! The people are asking quite often, whether this will be commercial or not. I can say, it will not be commercial. Free for all!"

You say free?

Yeehaaa!

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Tarabodej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2012 00:19
Nice demo, but how many studios you have?
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Well done. mate.

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2012 01:26
this seems to be based of Metro 2033, but in fps creator, it look amazing
i cant wait for the full games release

http://flamingchainsawmodels.webs.com/
electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

Just watched your demo trailer and all I can say is "fantastic!".

You have managed to craft a very commercial product demo. I hope you have great success with this project. I look forward to playing the final version.

Well done!
brethren
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 01:31
I've downloaded this twice now from the sector49 site, and both times I got a "this file contains invalid data" when I try to start up the install exe. The multiupload site seems to be down. Is there anywhere else to get it?
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 18:25
brethren, probably there is a caching problem with the server again. Last time there was I fixed it but I'll look into it.

Anyway, there will be another MultiUpload link online later today.

And by the way, thanks for the interest.

electric chihuahua, thank you very much for the kind words.

Greetings,
Jan

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 18:54
Quote: "Is there anywhere else to get it? "

Jan probably forgot, but we have the demo on our site as well as a backup. You can get it here.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 22:14
New multifilehoster-link.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/QDQAYUTQ/canalyst_demo_new_patched_full.exe_links

Greetings,
Jan

TriSpefear Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 22:15
I just played the demo and it is sweet!

"Everyone may doubt me, but your just giving me more of a reason to continue on..."
apocalypse dude
Years of Service
User Offline
How in the world did you make the cutscenes? Like, what program/software did you use? (Very good game by the way lol )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:45:46