Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Star Trek Enterprise II

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 00:42 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 09:45
Star Trek real time battle. Fixed bugs and transparency issues and added some nice lighting effects. Transparency issue was caused by set camera view 0,100000. Never put zero for the near view number, make it a one or all your models will become transparent.
Read the instructions before going to warp. It's all in the instructions. I would appreciate a screen shot if someone could post it. I have tried and tried to post screen shots and it never works for me.

http://ishare.sphorium.com/ms/link.aspx?profileLinkID=4b49d65c-3525-4261-9ce5-fb47e6adafc1

Enjoy
Rich

Richard

Attachments

Login to view attachments
danctodd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 01:01 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 01:17
Thread number 2,000. Nice I'll edit this post after I try out the game.

Edit: Loved the particle effect when you destroy an enemy and the warping turned out great. I am not great with this genre of games but this game seems well done
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the compliment danctodd. I appreciate it as they are hard to come by. I find it a blast to play and using shuttles is fun. It is so cool when you put a shuttle on defend and you watch them picking off inbound missiles. I hope everyone enjoys it. I am working on a totally new one, similar in fashion but with mission objectives and the like.

Thanks again,

Rich

Richard
Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 22:35 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 23:50
Dude, I enjoyed this so much!!! I'm a fellow treky. You did such a good job staying true to the series, and making it believable. Very cool. I took a screen shot for you.

Edit: I took a screenshot, but it is just showing up for download and not view. I can't remember how to make it view. haha.

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 01:05
The images don't show up for me

TheComet

Don't click.
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean the images? Is the menu not viewable or invisible? Are the images appearing as white boxes, say for torpedoes or something? Almost sounds like a problem with your direct x or something. Anyone else experience this problem?

Richard
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 11:45
I will have to check this out when I get home.

Daygamer; I believe the trick to it is not using a bmp file. Try a JPG.

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 15:31 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 15:34
@Kohaku, I think you're exactly right. I remember now. thanks

@Rasdini, There's that screenshot for you.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=2298742

Attachments

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 09:46

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 18:02 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 18:03
Is it like the old Star Trek game where you aim with a coordinate system?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 19:33
I remember playing an old Star Trek game back in my youth where you had a grid and pressed the keypad keys to move, you could fire, dock with the Starbase, etc. Sometimes there were 2 Klingon ships, sometimes more. Then there was the 25th anniversary game we bought and played, and we also bought Starfleet Command and Starfleet Academy. Spent countless hours playing these with our kids as well.

I took a spin on this game and had fun playing it. Reminded me of the older games and StarFleet Command all rolled into one. This looks good and plays great, both on our XP and Vista systems.

We took the liberty of getting a few screenshots. Hope you don't mind me sharing.

Preparing to warp out--> ship flyby

View out the side ship porthole

Changing camera views- rear view

Warp Speed

Red Alert- Shields Up!!!

Attacking the last target

Mission completed- moving on to next destination

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 13:49
@Rasdini

I like it

one thing I think would help the player out
is a display showing ware the enemy is

good job

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 20:40 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2012 20:42
Thanks so much guys for the screen shots. I really appreciate it. Also, don't forget about the shuttles, they are a great weapon, especially for defending the ship.

Thanks again especially to BlackFox and BatVink.

Rich
a.k.a. rasdini

Richard
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 22:43
Quote: "one thing I think would help the player out
is a display showing ware the enemy is "

Agreed. It would be helpful if there was a target arrow or something like that which points where the enemy is located. Since we can move the Enterpise left, right, up, down, roll, etc that would probably be a big help.

Quote: "Also, don't forget about the shuttles, they are a great weapon, especially for defending the ship."

Drat. Forgot to use those.

Quote: "Thanks so much guys for the screen shots. I really appreciate it."

No problem. Just wanted to help show off this off for others in case they were curious. I could have made them a bit bigger, but we usually keep our forum images at the current 600x400.

Looking forward to seeing this Go where no game has gone before.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 21:26 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 21:28
This is very good, it feels very much like the old Star Trek Bridge commander game, mixed with Starfleet command. I am a star trek fan so I'm going to make the following niggles which you're free to ignore.

1) Vorcha class Klingon ships didn't show up until TNG. If you're trying to do a TMP (The motion picture) era game then they are out of place. The phaser sounds are also inaccurate to the movie era, see Wrath of Karn and listen to those phasers.

2) Warp flashes, there should only be 1, when the ship breaks the light barrier according to trek cannon lore.

3) Camera movement, when you lock on the target have the enterprise as the center point, but track the ship you've targeted, this is how they did it in Bridge Commander and it works very well.

4) the voyager music was also very weirdly mixed in with TOS era music, which I found funny and weird.

A great star trek community can be found at www.bcfiles.com they have a done of ships and media you can use. Contact their artists first because they are very very uperty about anyone redistributing their content without permission.

Other then that this is a great fan game. Try announcing it at http://star-trek-games.com/ there's a collection of fan game projects there, and you're seems more advanced than most of theirs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:46:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:46:28