Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D-Max ,Panda Exporter. Rotated models! + Animation question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 18:03 Edited at: 12th Mar 2012 18:23
Today I've decided to use the Panda Exporter for 3Ds-Max so I can directly export to *.X .

I used to :
Export as *.3DS
Load it with Accutrans
Export it as a DirectX Binary.

This worked perfect together with Sparkys DLL and I could walk through my level etc.

My Animations do not play in DBPro, maybe my mistake in 3D Studio Max?
I just changed the pivots from the objects and used rotate together with keyframes, it plays in Max but it doesn't in DBPRO.
The code I've used.

Second problem I have.
Since I use Panda Exporter my models show up wrong, they are rotated!
I've loaded my new character (Exported with Panda), and it looked like it fell forward on the ground.
So I decided to Export my 3DSMax level (Level is a single plane) with Panda ,and it's rotated the same way.

When I model in Max, I use the Z coordinates to move something up and down.
In DBPro I have to use the Y position to move up and down?

What's happening here

Edit -

My Panda settings are the same as this website :
http://z12.invisionfree.com/darkbasic/index.php?showtopic=2

Edit 2 -

A movie to demonstrate what's going on:

http://youtu.be/h_GJqNwP-Mc

The white big box is one created in DBPro.

The "Concrete" walls are quickly made in 3DStudio max. These are NOT my modelling skills!
The small white box is the ground in 3D Studio max.
If I would move the white box up in 3D Studio max it would seperate from the concrete and go to the right side of the screen in the video.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 23:15
Quote: "My Animations do not play in DBPro, maybe my mistake in 3D Studio Max?"

try increasing the object speed in dbpro

Quote: "When I model in Max, I use the Z coordinates to move something up and down."

3DS Max uses the right handed coordinate system (z up)

Quote: "In DBPro I have to use the Y position to move up and down?"

Yes, dbpro uses left handed coordinate system (y up)

Quote: "What's happening here "

you'll just have to rotate and mirror (scale with negative values) your objects to fix this

Quote: "My Panda settings are the same as this website :
http://z12.invisionfree.com/darkbasic/index.php?showtopic=2"

On animation tab, in key options groupbox select Position, scale & rotate instead of Matrix

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 11:28 Edited at: 15th Mar 2012 11:31
Quick fix for your rotation problem in Panda exporter rather than rotating all your models in Max, check the box for left handed axis in xfiles settings tab if its already checked and your having this problem then uncheck it.
I have noticed with Panda that it does export vertex animation but for some engines this plays back incredibly slow it may be that your animations are playing but so slowly they dont even show for you. To test this out you could rescale your time in Max from say 100 frames to three and see if they play in DBP if they play then increase your speed as described above.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Ramon156
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 18:58
Brendy Boy and Rolfy , thank you. I've edited the settings and now it's working correctly.
Being a newbie isnt fun at all!

As for animation not playing correctly I have to find out what would work or not.

Got a rotating text of 3 frames, about 120 degrees each frame, and it's a bit messed up!
Going to try some different types of frame settings and expand my brain.

Expand_brain = 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:26:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:26:20