Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 12:11
ANIMER has been released today.

ANIMER is a 3D character animations editor. It is designed to modify and create character animations stored in DirectX (.x) files. The program was primarily designed for characters from FPS Creator but it can be used to edit other similar characters stored in the DirectX format.

Find out more here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2316
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 15:13
Awesome!

And it works with EA!!

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
The demo for this is excellent. I converted 3 of bond1's Model pack 4 models to use his Zombie Apocolypse animations in less than 5 minutes. I guess this is something else for my must buy list.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 15:35
This looks like a very handy tool.
Thanks for providing a 'Trial' version, downloading now with the 'Tutorial' and will give this a spin.

Good luck with this.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 16:39
Giving it a try.

For those who haven't downloaded the trial as yet. You get so many times to use the trial version. So, my recommendation is not to run it the first time until you actually plan on doing something with it. I like to run an app immediately just to get the feel of how to navigate the app. My mistake as I wasted one trial run.

Thanks TGC for another great tool. I hope this is easy to use for us novices.

I welcome any criticism you have that doesn't effect me. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 17:07
If the App's as easy as it looks even n00bs like me might be able to use animations from other models for selfmade ones.
I will try the trial ASAP

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 17:09
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to make sure that those who are in the know see this.

The following is an image of the app with the female student loaded from the science pack. It is a very small wire frame as you can see. Is there anyway I can increase the size of the wire frame?

I welcome any criticism you have that doesn't effect me. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 17:59
I have noticed a couple of small things so far and have used up 3 of my 5 lives.

Is there a way to 'full screen' the program?
(At the moment I can't find a way to do this)

I Tried two times to load one of 'Cosmics' trooper characters which crashed the program both times using up 2 of the trial go's.

Could be a very useful program but I would like to have a 'less' limited Trial version in order to get to grips with the program.

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 19:51
Hi all,

You can zoom view in each viewport - click button "Zoom camera" (with the magnifier), press the left button and move the mouse over the viewport.
Window of the application has the unchangeable size 1024 x 768. If you have greater resolution of screen and you want to "full screen" the program - you must switch the resolution of your screen to 1024 x 768.

Rafhalzer

ANIMER - Character Animations Editor.
Edit and create your own animations of FPSC characters.
Supports DirectX and DBO formats.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 22:53 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:50
See my latest post on 10 May and edited on 11 May 2012.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 09:52
Model pack #44 (science pack) and #45 (history pack) - if it disappears on the bottom, click button "Pan camera" (with hand) press left button and drag character to center of the viewport. Now, click "Zoom camera" button and zoom the character.
Model pack #51 - I will test it, I will write about it soon.
Flatlander - you will be the beta tester of the new version.

Rafhalzer

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 11:14 Edited at: 26th Apr 2012 11:17
I'm afraid, after my at first pleasing results, I've got to concur with Flatlander.

Many model packs crash the app. I tested a community pack (which I'm afraid I didn't make a note off), sci-fi pack (12 I think), cosmics troopers and wastelanders, all of these cause a crash. I ran out of tries after that.

Also, often when searching the app failed to list characters in a character folder and I had to restart 'load character' to see them.

The only models I've had acceptable results from are Bond1's, almost all others break the app.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 14:14
If changes are going to be made I have just a small request but not with the app itself.
You have taken the time to create a very informative PDF Manual for Animer but can I suggest that you maybe create 'links' from the contents list to the corresponding pages and if possible link the pages back to the contents list.
I feel that this would help users of Animer find the information they require quickly rather than have to scroll through the whole Manual to find the required page.

Sorry, its just a 'small' thing but i think that it would help users a lot.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 17:59
From the science pack this is what I get when I export to Directx mode and when I try to use dbo it just crash's. I have been working with this for some time and this is my only problem.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 19:01 Edited at: 26th Apr 2012 19:04
Please Note: That all the characters listed above ( not sure about model pack 12) use the stock "Milkshape" biped. This may help to narrow the issues down a bit.

Also, If this issue gets resolved I would more than likley purchase this app myself. Good luck!

Back from the Wasteland.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, If this issue gets resolved I would more than likley purchase this app myself"

So would I, but I'd like the opportunity to test it a little further after the issues are resolved.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 21:46 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:53
Quote: "Flatlander - you will be the beta tester of the new version."

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 03:30
Hi all,

I tested model pack 51 tonight. You are right, characters from this model pack crashed ANIMER. I tried to open them in "Mview" program from DirectX 9 SDK and this program can't do it. This means that these are not the correct DirectX files.
I wrote program which converts these files to the correct format DirectX. I called it "Mender". You can open uncorrect character and save it to correct format. Program is attached. You must copy it to Animer trial folder to work. I know that many of you ran out of trials - I'll write for you Animer patch, that will cause you can still run the trial version several times.

Rafhalzer

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 03:42 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:55
No longer applicable.

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 10:16
Hi,

Patch is ready!
Download it and rename ".anr" to ".exe".
Run "Animer_Trial_patch.exe" - unpack files to Animer 1.2 Trial folder, overwrite existing files. Now, go to Animer 1.2 Trial folder and run "Animer_patch.exe".
You will be able to run Animer five more times, but no more
Flatlander - check characters from model packs, please. First open it and save with "Mender".
Good luck!

Rafhalzer

Attachments

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 20:08
@Flatlander

Did you run the mender in the science pack/ science_teacher.x if so what did you come up with. I ran it and found that it loaded as normal character but after saving it. I had the same problem as if I had exported from Animer.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 21:43 Edited at: 28th Apr 2012 00:21
I'm just now downloading the patch. If I only have the five tries again I should be OK unless I misunderstand how to do all this.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 21:59
I did not have to run it through animer after you get it all setup I just used mender loaded it and saved it as it says. Thats where the character went bad again. I had to reload the model pack.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 23:02 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:56
I don't have the time to try this out. I am going to have to wait until I have a very large block of time.

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 11:50
Flatlander - because you are my beta tester, I will send you full version of Animer, you could work in peace
BTW - you clicked right button in the patch installer.

Rafhalzer

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 13:48
Flatlander - if you have full version, you can work in this way:
try to load the character in Animer, if crashed - open it and save in Mender, and try again to load it in Animer.

To all users:
Characters from models packs are created in various editors which use various DirectX exporters. Not all files ".X" are fully compliant with DirectX standard format.
It works in FPSC and DBPro but Animer needs correct DirectX format to work. So I created a program "Mender". As noted by my beta tester Flatlander, "Mender" is a standalone application that you have to put in a Animer folder. "Mender" doesn't look spectacular, but I had to write it very quickly. Go to Animer folder, run "Mender.exe", in application window click File / Open to load the character, then click File / Save to save it in correct DirectX format. The saved file can now be loaded in Animer.

Rafhalzer

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 15:28 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:57
I am now able to test fully. I have already tested "Alice of the wastelanders (mp51). I loaded the character into "mender" and saved the new mesh (.x) that this program remade. I then loaded it into "animer" without it crashing. I will complete the testing of all characters as well as testing the applications features.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 17:22
I'm not testing this because at the moment I have no need for it, but just reading through the thread, I'm wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to incorporate Mender into Animer? Or, a simple trap of the DirectX error in Animer could start/call Mender, instead of crashing the program. Just a thought from a dev prospective.

Brian.

!retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 03:50 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:59
I'm now finally ready (it took me all day to set up my microphone and get it to work with CamStudio). I will now not only test the characters but also create a video telling and showing how to fix the character. I think all that will be needed is to fix them.

Addendum:

It is likey I won't be doing any of this soon. CamStudio is giving me problems and I don't want to pay for a screen video capture at this point.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 04:09 Edited at: 30th Apr 2012 04:17
Looks Nice
I tried it on my Netbook the the buttons at the bottom (Load Save Add Delete Edit) cannot be seen.
I couldn't pull those commands from the file menu at the top, so I was unable to add any animations in my trial.
Looks nice though, but the GUI is just not Netbook friendly.

I have not had much time to play with it, but it is an awesome tool for FPSC.
I can't wait to try it tomorrow on my laptop. (I really want to add a few animations at the end)

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 04:31
Can I have a free copy for posting a video showing how to use Mender too?

Agree with xplosys, Mender should be integrated into the Animer application or perhaps it could be seamlessly integrated so Animer automatically converts to the standard .X format if not already.

Also does the standard .X format allow for compression to reduce the file size or does it have to be uncompressed?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 04:39
Nomad Soul,

Do you have it already made? The video showing how to use Mender? If so then I won't bother making one.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 05:37 Edited at: 30th Apr 2012 05:37
LOL just kidding. Hopefully if Mender is being implemented into Animer the video won't be required. I'm looking forward to purchasing when this is added.

Have you tested this for all the official character model packs?

Are there any other issues than crashing like character models being imported but with vertex or rotation issues like I've seen in some applications?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 08:38 Edited at: 11th May 2012 18:02

Addendum:

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 09:01
Well, but what are the differences using Animer and Fragmosoft ?(which i already own) Does it worth buying Animer in addition ?

Riccardo
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 09:03
Riccatrdo, Rafhalzer will have to answer that one.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 19:55 Edited at: 11th May 2012 18:00
A couple of observations. If you happen to try and load a non-character, then the program will crash either without warning (ending the program) or with MS infamous message.

A positive note. You can load a non-character animated entity such as the TRV in MP53. I have even loaded animated entities from some of BFun model packs such as the treasure chest where the lid opens.

I had tested a couple of characters from other modelers such as Alien51 by Starmind. This one had to be fixed using mender but it then works fine in animer. So, some work without fixing and some will not work unless you fix them using mender.

I will continue on with some more tests.

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 00:32
Hi,

Mender 1.1 is attached.
Rename .anr to .rar and unpack.
Animer 1.3 coming soon.
Animer and Mender supports txt, binary and compressed binary DirectX format.

Rafhalzer

Attachments

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 02:20

Link to this seemingly totally awesome program is
Version: ANIMER 1.2
Price: 39.99 $ (USD)
Payment: PAYPAL
ANIMER is a 3D character animations editorhttp://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2316
ANY one know of any UPDATES to this program?
I is probably me but exports to Direct.x have issues that I do not know how to fix.

SO wanting to make a Steam Punk character or two I downloaded the Trial Version.
And the issues started right away, first it said you can use the program 5 times but upon opening the program I got a screen saying you have 3 uses left. Well I blew one of them straight away as I tried to load a character I made for my Tears of a Bride game.
It was Bride.x and it crashed the program so now I have 2 uses left.

So reading the help file I open AIKO.X in the Scifi folder, and all looks good. Well I got chicken feet and just changed the texture for the AIKO.X character and saved then exported to DIRECT.x and FPSC.

So with great anticipation I open FPSC and lay a few squares of common segment and my new AIKO.X character which I put in a separate entitybank\\Meows\\0Special folder and [b]SHE IS LAYING DOWN!

Her neck is all twisted and gross ]
and half submerged into the ground, However she will kill you and fast.

[/b][b]I did sent a email to [email]bodzio3d@gmail.com [/email]asking first if I got the right MVIEW program (DirectX 9 SDK) Direct X download as there are many and why the export with no edits at all on the structure of the direct.x file as I only edited the texture to try it out and she is all messed up.
I have yet to hear anything but I am hopeful.

1. any known updates.
2. working email address for author
3. how to fix her so she stands up.
4. Just a thought but do you leave out the animations in the fpe file for this porgram?
5. Many Thanks.

Life is a short trip to another world
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 02:39
UPDate.
I downloaded the mender file from this thread but it will not run.
It asks for USkin.dll and a BBB GUI.dll and a GLL dll, so I am wondering if this directx is the right one to install for this to work.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2084#overview
dxsdk_dec2004.exe

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 10:03
Quote: "F l a t l a n d e r
There will be a v1.3 coming soon. The architect of this app is also working some other things out. I'm sure he'll see your thread. Give him some time.

Also, there is a v1.1 for Mender. I'm not sure if that will help. I'm not sure if the patch will work for you but if it does this will give you 4 or 5 more tries.

Also, if you want me to test something out for you, I'll be glad to do it."

Many thanks Flatlander!
Do you have a link to the v1.1 for Mender?
I do not understand why it would not work as I have Directx 9 all the way to 11.

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 11:43
Meows:
1. I sent you "mview".
2. To work, the mender file must be placed in the ANIMER folder.
3. Now Animer is sold by TGC, new version 1.3 is coming soon.
4. I am the author of this program and loves to help you.
5. If you put Aiko.x in a separate folder, did you put the correct .fpe file in the same folder?

Rafhalzer

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 15:48
@Meows

As far as I know you have to have the exe file in the Animer folder. I had the same problem untill I put it in the Animer folder then it worked for me.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 17:56
Quote: "Do you have a link to the v1.1 for Mender?"

Download for mender v1.1 is in one of Rahhalzer's posts regarding same in this thread. He has a download button for this in the post.

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 12:16
Hi,

Now, you can download from TGC website updated version 1.3 of ANIMER. You can run it 5 times again.
You can download also free version of MENDER - now it's a standalone application which has installer.
Now, you can load in ANIMER almost all characters from FPSC model packs - however, some of them requires the use of MENDER.
Flatlander is testing now compatibility of various files with the ANIMER, he will publish the results soon.
We look forward to your opinions and suggestions about ANIMER.

Rafhalzer

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 00:28 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:49
See latest post on 10 and edited on 11 May 2012

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 09:58
Hi,

As noted by Flatlander, animations specification file "anim_frames.spn" is a text file which can be edited in text editor. You can easily create your own specifications for animations and load them in ANIMER.

Rafhalzer

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 15:11
Humm This character has issues. can anyone tell me what the problem is as I ran out of trys.

way to large.

Attachments

Rafhalzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 19:48
@Meows

This character has no limbs, no skin weights and no animations - only a mesh and texture coordinates. I tried to add a limb to its structure but it can't load in mview and mender - sure it has some other errors in the structure of the mesh.
Characters in DirectX files have two different structures:
1 - each limb has its own mesh which moves,
2 - there is one main mesh which is moved by the limbs, through the skin weights.
All characters from FPSC model packs have the second structure.
ANIMER supports only the second structure. Furthermore the character must have a animationset.
Mender in the next version will be able to add an empty animationset to the model without animation - so the model can be opened in ANIMER.

Rafhalzer

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 03:35 Edited at: 11th May 2012 17:49
See latest post on 10 and edited on 11 May 2012.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:14:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:14:29