Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Dat scroll bar theme.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I am posting here because of something that from what i have noticed seems to have gone mostly unnoticed. Its not about darkbasic at its core but its a question I have had ever since I used darkbasic many years ago. The cool looking interface!

I really want to make something out of it, because I have never seen anything even close to as cool as it looks in any other window. My current developments have lead me to be using more pyhton then languages like darkbasic, but it would be awesome to have a theme for gedit or another text editor which looks like the darkbasic CLI:

Does anyone know how hard this would be to do, or where the .png or whatever files are located?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2013 06:32
You gotta be the only person in the world who likes that editor.

"You're all wrong. You're all idiots." ~Fluffy Rabbit
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " You gotta be the only person in the world who likes that editor."

Not true. Aesthetically, I actually don't mind it. Part might be nostalgia from when I first discovsered darkBASIC and was super excited to make the greatest MMO of all time (yeah, I was one of those people...) but it's not too bad.

As an editor, it was kind of bleh. I do like the black background with lighter text, but it would have been nice for it to 1) not monopolize your screen and 2)have some sort of contextual highlighting.

Just my two cents.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
sona1111
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't really like the fullscreen or have any feeling about the highlighting. Basically I just like the art style of the menu bar and scroll bar. I would apply this to a regular window if possible.

Does someone know where the resources are kept?
HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the editor too. It is cool!

lol

greetings!

Toedeledoki
Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 01:06
The graphics are kept in the DarkBASIC executable (DB.exe). You'll need Resource Hacker to get at them.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 06:46 Edited at: 7th Mar 2013 06:47
Quote: "My current developments have lead me to be using more python than languages like darkbasic"

"Than" is a comparison, "then" separates two things in time. I don't know where this misunderstanding is coming from but it's consuming the internet! I'd never heard of anyone mixing up "then" and "than" before about a year ago.

sona1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""Than" is a comparison, "then" separates two things in time. I don't know where this misunderstanding is coming from but it's consuming the internet! I'd never heard of anyone mixing up "then" and "than" before about a year ago."

Maybe I was just typing too fast.

I will check out reshack and get back to you...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:26:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:26:59