Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Dark basic vs Dark Basic pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how do they compare i was looking into buying dark basic but is DBpro in any way superior even though it is free to private users?

Dont Spam, "troll"(be as I like to call a Dick,and if i spell something wrong or make bad punctuation i was to lazy to correct myself i was typing fast
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2013 22:52 Edited at: 25th Mar 2013 22:55
It's far more superior.

-DBPro uses DirectX 9.0, where DBC uses DirectX 7.0
-DBPro is compiled to machine code, DBC is interpreted (much slower)
-DBPro has a lot more features than DBC. The list is pretty large, but to name the most important things: shader support (graphics card effects), vertexdata commands (fast access to object's geometry), bone animation.
-DBPro supports plugins

I'd even say DBPro is more compatible with today's hardware.

TheComet

Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 04:02
@TheComet-

Quote: "-DBPro uses DirectX 9.0, where DBC uses DirectX 7.0"

That is not a good thing, in my opinion. There are compatibility issues with DirectX 9.0c, which DBP uses.

Quote: "-DBPro supports plugins"

DarkBASIC (classic) does as well.

I agree with everything else you said, though. DarkBASIC Pro is better for some people, and DarkBASIC is better for others.
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly what compatibility issues do you mean?

If i provide with the game the specific DX dll files which aren't present on never DirectX systems, i haven't ever run into issues before.
Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 29th Mar 2013 22:46
Yes, of course, but just make sure that you are authorized to distribute those DLLs. If you aren't, people will have to install the DirectX 9.0c redistributable package.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:13:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:13:06