Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Windows Error Sound on startup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody,

I have a problem. I'm working on a big project, and for some strange unknown reason, every time I run the game, it starts with a windows error sound and suspends for a enter or spacekey. After that it works perfectly and without errors. Does anybody know what this problem is? Thanks in advance!

- Mitchell

ps: It also does it when I compile the game
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 19:42
It's possible you are actually getting a Windows error, but DBC's fullscreen is covering up the error message box.

Try running your game again, but instead of hitting enter, press ALT+TAB and see if you can get the error message box to focus. If you succeed, post a screen shot and we'll be able to help you further.

TheComet

Mitchell Monhemius
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey! Thanks, that was a good idea! ALT + TAB showed me it was a "collision error". I am using Nuclear Glory, I think it has something to do with the inlude and the dll.
Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " ps: It also does it when I compile the game "

Just compiling, or is it compile and run, where the error appears also?

Mitchell Monhemius
Years of Service
User Offline
compile and run
Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
Like The Comet said, it sounds like a Windows error box is popping up which you can´t see, because DBCs Fullscreen is covering it up, if alt Tab while you´re game is suspended shouldn´t work somehow, you could also try to run the game in windowed mode directly.

We Need to know what error Windows gives you, before we can help you Fixing it.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 06:58
Quote: "Hey! Thanks, that was a good idea! ALT + TAB showed me it was a "collision error". I am using Nuclear Glory, I think it has something to do with the inlude and the dll."

So you're using DBC with nuclear glory? I actually didn't know you could do that.

We'll need to know a little more about what you're doing in order to help solve the issue (if it still needs solving).

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:35:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:35:18