Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 19:47
Hello!
I build totally a 3D landscape without using any light command. I've simply placed the objects, but when i wrote (before DO):

The outcome was this:

I tried to fix the problem with Set matrix, set matrix normal e set object ambient, set normalization on , but I haven't solved the problem. Can someone help me?
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 05:50
are you trying to make the matrix terrain dark like the objects or are you trying to make the objects bright?

the objects are dark because you set the light color to black, to make them bright, use rgb(255,255,255)

Shazam!
Jonathan Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 14:19
I wish that all objects and the matrix are dark. I want to make a sort of "performance" of lights making a good use of darkness, but not all became dark using Set ambient light. How can i solve this problem? I read also this post, but It was useless...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=27984&b=10
Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 23:16 Edited at: 31st Jul 2013 23:16
Quote: "http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=27984&b=10 "

Did you try the snippets for normalisation and other Workaround attempts, mentioned in this post?

cyril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 01:37
Quote: "Hello!
I build totally a 3D landscape without using any light command. I've simply placed the objects, but when i wrote (before DO):

"

Have you tried:

In addition to this; Darkbasic Pro automatically creates a directional light by default looking at the light direction this could be problem.

If you want full texture effects without lighting also try the "Set object light" command.

Hopes this helps,
Cyril
Jonathan Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 16:34
@Nabz_32x: Yes, I did.

@Cyril: The scene is decidedly more dark! It's a good result, but I aspire to make a more dark ambient to show up the lights. Besides, is It normal that my mushrooms became white when I use this code?

Jonathan Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 16:42
@Cyril: But if I set the flag to 0, the objects will be not influenced by any light. I want that they are lighted, otherwise there aren't any performance of lights
cyril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 19:51
Ok, let breaks this down.

Quote: "The scene is decidedly more dark! It's a good result."

Nice

Quote: "but I aspire to make a more dark ambient to show up the lights."

Sadly, I can't make sense of this.
If there are currently no lights in the scene; the scene should be pitch black. This is achieved with:

Assuming you made additional lights already; play around with the range of those light until you are satisfied. Use:

The important thing to remember is that Darkbasic's lights are hardware Directx lights and are therefore Vertex lighting.
If the model is low polygon the object will be lit incorrectly with spot or point lights, Directional lights however tend to work effectively with Vertex lighting. The alternatives are texture baking, lightmaps or a per pixel lighting shader.

Quote: "Besides, is It normal that my mushrooms became white when I use this code?"

"Hide light 0" only affects lighting, if your mushroom had a texture make sure it's applied correctly. Or fall back to a earlier version of your code and add "Hide light 0".

Quote: "But if I set the flag to 0, the objects will be not influenced by any light. I want that they are lighted, otherwise there aren't any performance of lights. "

In that case don't use "Set object light". "Set object light" is best used with lightmaps where Darkbasic’s lights are not to have any influence on the environment.
Jonathan Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2013 20:19
@Chris Tale: Thank you for the advices and for the videos. I will commit myself because I don't want to depend always on the other people!
I load two of three models and the texture that I want to apply. I know that you are more expert than m and maybe you can understand better the situation if I give you the models.

http://www.speedyshare.com/gXSGd/models.zip

@Gandalf: There is an option to paint the texture. When I click on "Save textmap", It makes the texture of the models, but if I try to apply It with DB, It does not work.

I began to use recently Sculptris (I have used always Sketchup) so I am not surprised if my problem is due to inexperience.
Jonathan Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2013 20:23
Sorry! I mistakes the post

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:17:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:17:08