Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP/blog] Paper Down Hill [Android]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 11:19 Edited at: 12th Apr 2014 11:27
Paper Down Hill

A 2D down hill soap box racer for Android.

Design your own cart from random parts and race it down crazy tracks to win cash.

[features]
Design your own cart - and sell it on a virtual market place.
Design your own tracks and share them on line for others to try.
On-line high scores

[screenies]

Developed using AppGameKit v108.21 tier 1.

[change log]
2014.04.12 - first post.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 11:20
Started work on my next casual title this week "Paper Down Hill" a 2D soap box racer for Android.

I haven't started on the mechanics yet, although I did make a prototype of this last year so that part should go relatively smoothly.

This week was getting the menu system sorted. Although not as sexy as game mechanics, I figured if i sort this out first, it'll be easier to slot the mechanics in, rather than the other way around.

Here are some screenies:

generic login screen

A part of the game will be for you to construct your own soap box racer using a simple drag and drop menu like this:

cart designer

This is as far as I got this week. Next week's plan is to finish off the cart designer functions, create a few more parts to play with and then work on the track designer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:50:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:50:48