Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How do I correctly make/find fonts for other languages

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 21:02
I have to admit, I'm really daft when it comes to this.
We'd like to try to translate our next game to Korean and Spanish, but I can't seem to figure out how to generate a font texture for Korean.
I downloaded a Korean TTF and tried making a sheet with AppGameKit Font Forge. It just gives me the English characters and extended ASCII characters. None of the Korean characters in the font file...
I tried changing the ASCII codes to export but then it crashed on me.

Can someone help out? I'm pretty lost.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 22:25
As the producer of leading language lab software, I can tell you that Korean is a complete nightmare. It has over 11,000 syllabic combinations, and a very large Unicode glyph page.

I would totally forget text input. For literal strings, I suggest getting a Korean speaker to generate an image of the string.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 22:28
Thanks, we don't have much text, so that's a possibility.
However, we do have some variable text. I have Koreans that can help thankfully.
The variable text isn't much, so we could likely go with images there too if need be. Text input, they can deal with a English keyboard

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 00:08
Happy to help if I can. See:

http://www.melissi.co.uk

Fourteen years of my life when I could have been having sex!

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:23:44