Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Enemies that never die but stagger

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 03:47
Okay so I'm pretty new to scripting and just want to be pointed in the right direction on this. I want to make an enemy that never actually dies, but if it sustains "x" damage it will fall or drop to a knee and give the played ample time to escape. How would I go about achieving such a result?

I game. Period
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 04:12
Hey this could be interesting. What character are you using, a stock one or custom? The answer would be yes if the animation
is there to work with. "X" amount of damage, character drops to knees, then a timer to give the player chance to run away.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
SirHaXalot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 21:39
I was planning on using (bond1 did this I think) the lobotomy character from model pack 22. It has a nice like bend-down crouch animation already that plays I believe when it first notices you

I game. Period
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 02:43
SirHaXalot
Yeah, I don't have that one. If it was a stock character it would be easier. But still, if it has a "bent-down" animation that would work for you. Looking at the "syntax" list for NPC's you could use
the "healthless=x" condition (say less than 10%??), play that animation, give it a timer (you can even add health back to the NPC
while down "addhealth=x") then play an animation to get backup.
Giving the player time to escape.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:15:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:15:18