Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Frameworks/Libs in Xcode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made an app in Tier 1 and brought it over to the AppGameKit interpreter in Xcode. This app doesn't use Ads or Facebook in my Tier 1 code, but the frameworks/libraries are there in the Xcode template I used. I may add Ads and Facebook integration later, but I'm not sure.

A few questions:

1. Is it a problem to leave these frameworks/libraries in my Xcode program if I'm not using them in my Tier 1 code I made in AppGameKit?

2. Are they doing anything, like sending info to Google & Facebook since the frameworks/libraries are linked in Xcode and are in the frameworks list that the program uses? Even without any code calling to them in my Tier 1 code that I did in AppGameKit?

Thanks for the info.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 00:59
Q1: Yes, Apple reserves the right to reject you for including 3rd party SDKs that are not used. I believe one of the devs here was rejected for AdMob inclusion but not used.

Q2: As far as I know they are not doing anything unless you call up the AppGameKit commands.

As far as FB goes. I'm not sure how to remove it. I've not tried yet and I may never try as I use FB in all of my apps.
The lite interpreter has push, FB, and twitter removed.
For AdMob you have to do a little more in xCode. In Eclipse, I don't think you really need to do anything. Google doesn't seem to care what SDKs you have in because, it's not really any of their business...

Here's notes from Paul on how to remove AdMob:
Quote: "Remove admob - will crash on AppGameKit Advert commands
In the XCode project remove the framework "AdSupport.framework" and the library "libGooglAdMobAds.a", this removes the code Apple is complaining about but it will fail to compile in this state. Now open Core.m and at the very bottom paste the following lines:
@implementation GADBannerView : UIView
@end

@implementation GADRequest : NSObject
@end"

Works great for me.

Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply and for the info!
Where is this "lite interpreter" located?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 03:30
In version 10821 it is located in the IDE/apps directory along with all of the other interpreters.

Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks again!
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
After implementing the code provided above, to rid the project of Admob, I get "cannot find interface declaration for 'GADBannerView'" and "cannot find interface declaration for GADRequest' " errors.

Is there anyway to fix these up?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 07:34
Those are just warnings and can be ignored. I'm not 100% sure if they have to be there or not as I can't see the code where they're implemented in the first place. You'd have to ask Paul to know if they're 100% needed or not, but I included them in my last release of Wordspionage without trouble.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
we need a better solution for third party libs, an easier way to add/remove them for every project
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks for the help!
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 19:48 Edited at: 6th May 2014 09:48

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:40:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:40:07