Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] Robolegs 1 - Full Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 15:50 Edited at: 6th Jul 2019 22:25

Developer:

Storyline: The year is 2180. Planet Earth has recently been involved with a World War. This was World War 5. There was a fight to stop our planet from becoming a One World Government, known as OWE. It was a war between government and a world counter terrorist movement. Through the availability of funding for technology, OWE won the war after nearly destroying planet earth.

In the great depths of space an enormous black hole opens and an entire solar system of unknown origin appears within a near distance of planet earth's a solar system. Another 6 planets appear within half a light year from earth's solar system.

According to the latest scout satellite photos, A planet known as "Planet Zephyr" has what appears to be large city structures around the entire planet. An intelligent race of aliens has been discovered and they are gathering armored forces to attack planet earth.

The aliens known as "Scalion" have heavily armored battleships surrounding earth. Earth's greatest Scientists have come to the theory that the "Scalion" came from a parallel dimension through the black hole. Earth's atmospheric defenses have not been able to take out the enemy.

You play the role as sergeant "Jason Rosemayer" an armored forces pilot for the One World Union Defense Army, known as the OWUDA. All forces on Earth join forces. It's your turn to take part in defending planet earth!

Description: A medium to fast pace Mech FPS.

Features

- Graphics from 1999
- 4 Weapons: Blast Cannon, Pulse Laser, Rocket Launcher, Minigun
- 7 levels
- Only 1 life

In Game Screenshots

What are you waiting for?! Go download the game...

So it's finally here. I've shortened the game a lot. Development of Robolegs will move over to FPSC Reloaded which is a far more capable engine of achieving what I originally envisioned. So... download the current game. Tell me what you think.

Landman

</div>
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 20:41 Edited at: 24th Apr 2014 20:58
Download it now. Wait for some time now for this game

Bugs:
- My antivirus say vishnu launcher want to modify a key? What this mean? Antivir: http://www.360safe.com/
-Some enemies do not make any damage to me(or very low).
- in first level the robots on the street ignor me

First Impression:
It seems pretty cool. The graphic is a little better than 1999 I would say 2003-2007! The sounds are very cool. I have no laggs and the gameplay is fluent.

Result: Game Tip in the FPSC Forum

- Soon

Games make the world better
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 22:32 Edited at: 24th Apr 2014 22:42
Landman, I\'m at a complete loss of words .... no, I\'m lying, this is u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-y good.

Is this really pure FPSC ? No lag, no clipping errors, no sticking in and out of walls...

Ok, I fell through the ground in the ice level, and there is a suspicious circular shadow near the bridge with no object there to cause it, but it was really fun to get there, even with a lot of frustration on my incompetence to find the exit in the first level.

Game flow design is really great, the levels have just the proper duration to not get tedious. Love it.

Keep up the good work. And many thanks for releasing this for free!

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2014 19:32 Edited at: 25th Apr 2014 19:37
Quote: " My antivirus say vishnu launcher want to modify a key?"

This is a false positive and vishnu does not change any keys at all, the reason it comes up is because Vishnu reads and writes so some antivirus software see it as a virus.

well done on the release Shame you didn't add the dlls needed for windows 8 users so I can't play it.

msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dlls are needed in the same dir as the main game for it to work.

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2014 04:19
Can't wait to try it! Gonna play it.

Don't waste your life
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2014 05:43
Great game man! Looks great, plays great; didn't have any slowdowns. I didn't have the AI problems Corno_1 had; they certainly attacked me.

The outdoor maps were incredibly good. You made a small 40x40 area seem so much bigger than it was.
only had 2 minor gripes.

*The human characters were a bit off in size. The first stage looked great, but if the humans were in it they would be giants.

*The trees had full collision on so you could climb them if you walked into them.

That's it man; that's the worst I can say. I've been waiting to see this game for a long time and it was definitely worth the wait.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Apr 2014 14:16 Edited at: 6th Jul 2019 22:26
Thanks everyone. It's so appreciated!!

Quote: " *The trees had full collision on so you could climb them if you walked into them."

What?!!! Are you telling me you've never seen a mech climb trees before? Hahahah!

Quote: "-Some enemies do not make any damage to me(or very low).
- in first level the robots on the street ignor me "

This will be fixed in the next version. But maybe some of the enemies were just really friendly and they like having you around. That's why they didn't attack. MAYBE that's how I scripted them.

Quote: " Landman, I'm at a complete loss of words .... no, I'm lying, this is u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-y good."

That's sooo cool to read. Thanks so much.

Quote: " *The human characters were a bit off in size. The first stage looked great, but if the humans were in it they would be giants."

The idea is that the mech is roughly 15 feet tall. So the humans could use some minor scaling down.

@Everyone, considering the feedback, I have 3 or 4 other unfinished levels on my PC. I might release them in FPSC but my intention is to recreate this game in FPSCR. A multiplayer version will be created in a different engine because support for multiple platforms is a necessity. So for Multiplay there will a version for Mac, Linux and Windows.

Landman

</div>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 05:09:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 05:09:00