Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / [LOCKED] 3d modelers and animators needed...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am building a role-playing game and I need 3d modelers and animators. Right now, it is unpaid, but eventually I am going to split all of the game sales with everyone that helps me. Please message me or reply to this post if you are interested.

If you think about your flaws all the time, you'll forget all of your perfections... I have that patented and sown into the back of my pants.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2014 23:20
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Jul 2014 01:49
Quote: "lol"

Mr Spazzie
Years of Service
User Offline
Brendy boy;
Were you laughing at my quote or at my post - just curious.

If you think about your flaws all the time, you'll forget all of your perfections... I have that patented and sown into the back of my pants.
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 05:49 Edited at: 7th Oct 2014 06:27
To help you with your future projects:
Can you post current screenshots and more details on your project? This could help you to build up more interest around your game.
You may also post your progress with the game. Add a demo version, a storyline and show some 2d art/ concepts

I don't think, that you could start a team with just two lines of text.
I also think, that a second thread with no real information could not help you out.

[/url]
Mr Spazzie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 22:33 Edited at: 8th Oct 2014 01:41
Quote: "I don't think, that you could start a team with just two lines of text."

I post as little information as possible because it saves time, does NOT create a discussion about my game - that's happened every time I post anything about the story or game design. Once the discussion is over, no one is willing to help anyway. But right now, I have almsot a complete team... with just "my two line", although technically, it is 3
But thanks for trying to help, it's just that I have hit like almost every forum I could find and that has been the experience. Then there are just some people who want to try to tear other people down because they can not do anything else and as the saying goes "Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win... you're still retarded", so I keep it short and simple and see who is interested and then I email then everything I've got with the game so far!

[Mod edit to fix quotes - courtesy edit, if you like ]

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 01:46 Edited at: 8th Oct 2014 06:15
I agree with Jack. If anyone is going to sign up for this, then they're going to want to know what the game is.

It might seem like it's helpful to simply get people that want to do modelling or animating, but in reality no one will be interested in such a generic and vague description unless there is money immediately involved.

Just my 2 cents.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 04:15 Edited at: 8th Oct 2014 04:19
also i think team requests are frowned on unless you have significant progress on it showcased.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 06:14
Quote: "also i think team requests are frowned on unless you have significant progress on it showcased."

Indeed they are.

Mr Spazzie
Years of Service
User Offline
*sigh*
Fine, it's about 4 different kingdoms/empires. It's the first of 4 games. Each game the Player will play from a different kingdom/empire. I only have working names for the kingdoms right now, but most likely they will stick. Each kingdom/empire controls a section of the planet and the continents have NOT split in this world, which is why it was so easy for all of the provinces to be consolidated into 4 separate territories.
Each game the Player will be able to build a team of 5 characters, but they will be able to choose from 8 different characters. There will be 4 women and 4 men to choose from. The main story, like the story for the world events, will follow the Roman Empire's history, rough 600 years condensed (it's easier than it sounds, trust me). There will be weather events, riots, wars, and each character will have their own personal story that intertwines with the rest of the characters and the world events.
The rest is just more "vague" info on the characters...
The Colonel = He was sent to fight for the Celtian Empire and while on the front line. While there, someone informs him his daughter is on a secret government list, because she is dating a high ranking member of a rebel group that is subversive to the Celtian Empire. So he and his best friend, a Lieutenant Colonel, are about to be released from their posts and sent home, when the Colonel gets questioned by a random stranger.
The guy says to him "Do you know a ???? ???? (the high ranking member of the rebel group) and the Colonel thinks for a couple of seconds, then says "Yeah. He's that weird, stinky kid down the street from me. Why? What the hell does he have to do with anything?", then the man says "Do you know anything else about him?", then the Colonel says "No". The man asks "Did you know your daughter and him are in a relationship?", then the Colonel kind of gapes at the man and says "No! Why is she dating him?!", then the man says "Don't know. Thank you", then the man walks away and the Colonel shouts after him "What? That's it?! You tell me she's dating some weird kid and that's suppose to answer all of life's questions?!". The man stops, turns his head and says "Only mine", then he leaves. After that, the Colonel starts investigating the guy, trying to find out who the guy is and discovers that he's part of an elite assassination team. The Colonel then goes home and interrogates his daughter until he finds out that her boyfriend a high ranking member of a rebel group... Then the assassination team assassinate her boyfriend and the Colonel figures out his daughter is next.

The Lieutenant Colonel = I have not thought up much concerning him, outside of what's been mentioned above.

The Colonel's daughter = Her father insisted that she learn to fight since she was a little girl. And that's all I got for her.

The Rich woman = Okay, so she's just moderately rich, not filthy rich. Her husband was assassinated by a political adversary, roughly 10 months ago. She has retained the control of the gangs her husband controlled and now she is looking for a way to get revenge, but not just against the man that killed her husband, but also on the politicians that helped him get away with it. He was arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to exile. She also goes after him. She uses the main characters as pawns to help her fight against the people that helped her husband's killer get away with all of his crimes and to take power and wealth for herself. Afterwards, she leaves the team. So yeah, she was just using them.

The Gladiatrix = A female Gladiator. Nothing much else about her right now.

The Other Woman = NOT that type of other woman. She's just the 4th female playable character in the game.

The Supreme Soldier = He is an elite soldier that an experimental drug (partially made out of dark matter) is being tested on. They injected him with a drug that has made him able to think more clearly, move faster, be stronger, see better, hear better, smell things better, his limbs and internal organs are able to grow back and his body automatically heals itself much faster. The drug causes his heart to beat much faster and has significantly increased his testosterone and aggression levels. During fights, he ends up using defeated enemies as weapons against the remaining enemies he's fighting. He is the lastly acquired character the Player gets on his/her team. His opening will be something like this:
The Soldier is offered a chance to join a secret task force. When he joins, he has to sign a document stating he gives up his human rights and all citizenships he may or may not have. He is then injected with a black chemical (later found to contain dark matter). After he is injected, the doctor says "Okay Mr. ???? (I haven't thought of a name for him yet), we will transfer you to our patient room for 24 hour observation and then you will be transferred to your new unit", then then Soldier says "Thank you Doctor". The Doctor starts to walk to the other side of the room, to get the syringe, stops and turns, then says "Oh yeah, if you have any symptoms on the first page of this list, please push the call button, 'immediately'. The other pages are just to make you aware of side effects you may or may not have, but don't worry about it. You'll be fine", then the doctor hands the Soldier a few pages with a list of things. At the top of the list is migraine, chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, neck pain, and a long list of worsening symptoms which ends up more or less, listing every type of pain someone can have, then it lists vomiting, dysentery, diarrhea, nose bleed, palpitations, and every type of drug side effect there is, except for halucinations. After the injection, the Soldier is kept in the room all night for "observation". He had pain all over his body, a fast heartbeat with palpitations every few minutes, etc. When the doctor comes in the next morning, the Doctor says "Sounds like you had a rough night", then the Soldier shouts "What the hell did you do to me?!", and the Doctor says "Well, the good news is, you're alive and didn't die like the rest". The Soldier nods, then thinks for a second as the sentence registers and says "The rest?", then the doctor says "Oh, uhhhh... Never mind. Anyway, you will be discharged and sent to your unit". The Soldier presses the Doctor with ""What did you mean 'ie like the rest'? What are the chances of this stuff killing me?", then the doctor says "Alright, I'm not suppose to tell you, but it is 'very' good news! As of right now, the ratio for survival is 1 in a hundred, but you don't have to worry because so far, every patient that died has been dead within the first twenty four hours! See?! Good news!". The Soldier stares at him for a couple of seconds then says "Alright, so only one out of a hundred die from this drug", then the doctor says "No, only one out of a hundred survive the drug". The Soldier shouts "What?!", then the doctor says "But you survived! So it's good news!", then the Soldier says "What if I die in ten minutes?!", then the doctor says "Then that would be unfortunate, but at least you would hold the new record!" Then Soldier gapes at him, while slowly tilting his head, then the Soldier says "What kind of a... ", then the Soldier shouts "What kind of an encouragement is that?!", and the Doctor says "I think you'll be fine, it was the latest revision and I think we fixed it, so you don't need to worry". The soldier looks down and says "What does it do anyway?", then the Doctor says "It 'should' boost your speed, sight, smell, hearing, sense of touch and taste to the maximum capabilities for your body. You will also heal much faster, age slower and if everything works, you should be able to lose any part of your body that won't immediately kill you and grow it back. Like a limb of something that doesn't cause you to bleed to death or die within a month, your body should grow it back", the Soldier says "Nicccce. Now you're sure I'm going to live, right? I'm not going to die next week or something, right?", then the doctor says "Well, I'm pretty sure you're going to survive the drug, but as for you not dying next week, I don't know. I know trillions of dollars and a few hundred soldiers and life sentence convicts have died for this drug. Soooo, likely whatever they're going to have you do, requires the drug and therefore is dangerous to an elite soldier, which means your mission will almost certainly result in death. BUT! To answer your question, are you going to die next week? Most likely... with or without the drug". Then the Soldier exhales heavily and says "When am I going to be picked up?", then the Doctor says "Not sure, we've never had anyone picked up before, but we notified them you're still alive".
The Player first meets the Soldier when the Player has sneaked into a military base and the Soldier is trying to escape. There are dozens of enemy soldiers around the Soldier, but they have been ordered to only capture him and not kill him. Someone on the Player's team suggests that the Player's Team go and help the Soldier, but then someone else says "There's too many of them! We'll get killed", so they just sit and watch for a while as the Soldier beats every soldier.

The Gladiator = He was unjustly convicted with a harsh punishment for a crime he helped commit, but was NOT fully involved in. At the beginning, he is a gladiator. He escapes from his prison and begins trying to overthrow the government that put him in prison. OR the Gladiator was conscripted and refused to go to war and was imprisoned and won a lot in the gladiator matches. I haven't fully decided on which one, yet.
The Gladiator meets a 13 year-old kid that had been enslaved and then was sold to a man, who owns the stadium the Gladiators fight in. The Gladiator talks to the kid some and for fun, teaches the kid some things about fighting. One day, the kid gets thrown into the holding cells with the Gladiator and is left there. A guard goes to the kid and says "You're (whatever the kid's name is), born in (whatever town/city he was born in), correct?", the kid says "Yeah?", then the guard says "Your father's causing a lot of trouble for us", then the Kid says "Uh, yeeeaaah?". The guard glares at him and says "Well, now that trouble is on you. You fight the reigning champion. TODAY!" and the guard walks out. The Kid says to the Gladiator ""Who's that?", then the Gladiator says "I've heard of him. They say he has never lost a match and has only been wounded once. But since you're still young, they'll probably make it be a bare hand match and he'll probably just beat the hell out of you. I mean, nobody wants to watch a kid get killed for entertainment". The Gladitor pauses for a second, remembering the guard's statement "Your father's causing a lot of trouble for us", then the Gladitor says "How is your father causing trouble?". The kid says "He's the leader of ???? (a rebel group) and he makes them pay for everything they do to EVERY human being!", then the Gladiator says "Okay. Let's get back to training, you're going to need to practice a lot of dodging and distance attacks", then the Kid says "Why?" and the Gladiator says "You're going to be fighting with weapons". The screen fades to black and then is fades in, with a bright flare from the sun and the camera shifts a little to get out of the flare. After it has shifting, it shows the Gladiator talking to another man, who tells the Gladiator "???? (whatever the Champion Gladiator's name is)? He's the reigning champion. You didn't know that, did you?!", the man laughs, then says "I don't know what this kid did, but he's pissed someone off", then the Gladiator says "He's ???? (rebellion group)' leader's son", then the man says "Ah. Retribution?! I hope you're not attached to that kid, because he's dead as of right now. He was dead when his foot touched that floor. ???? (whatever the Champion Gladiator's name is) has 'never' lost a fight, he has never had a draw and he has only been wounded ONCE! He's been here since the last Iberian rebellion. He has killed 'everything'. Lion, bear, gorilla, man. Some men, women and animals, with his bare hands. That boy is dead... he just doesn't know it yet", then the Gladiator says "Do you 'ever' shut up?! I mean ever! Do you talk in your sleep?! And babble while you chew?! Just. Shut. Up!", then the man says "If you can't watch, then cover your eyes and cry about it". The Kid fights Champion Gladiator and nearly gets killed. During the entire fight, the Champion Gladiator toys with the Kid , but near the end of the fight, The Champion Gladiator knocks the Kid hard onto his back and almost knocks him out. Everyone in the crowd starts shouting at the top of their lungs "RIIIISE!", then they stomp their feet three times and shout "RIIIISE!", over and over again. Even after the Kid has risen to his feet, they continue to shout "RIIIISE!" and stomp their feet. The Kid charges at the Champion Gladiator with his spear. The Champion Gladiator spins, blocks the spear's blade with a knife, then stabs the Kid in the chest with his other knife. As the Champion Gladiator rips the knife out of the Kid's chest, the Champion Gladiator cuts the Kid's left under arm, with the intention of cutting his artery and then stabs the Kid in the back, and barely misses his spine. All the while, the Champion Gladiator believed he had not missed. Because he never misses. But this time, the Champion Gladiator missed every point, including the Kid's heart. Because the Kid was smaller than the men he had trained in fighting. When the Kid hit the floor, he had landed on his spear and broke it with his weight and lied there pretending to be dying. The crowd becomes silent as a grave. The Champion Gladiator looks up at the Emperor and the Emperor turns his thumb down. In the crowd is a teenage girl, who is the Colonel's niece. She is also an inactive, silent member of the rebellion group with her cousin, the Colonel's Daughter. During all this, the Girl is in the crowd watching as dread fills her bones and sorrow masks her face. The Girl begins shouting alone, "RIIIISE!", then she stomps her foot three times and shouts "RIIIISE!". The Champion Gladiator walks toward the Kid to stand over him. The Champion Gladiator bends down, while the Girl continues shouting "RISE!" and stomping her foot. The Champion Gladiator takes hold of the Kid's hair, lifts his head so that the he can cut the Kid's throat, when the Kid quickly rolls over and stabs the Champion Gladiator in the only vulnerable spot of his chest armor... right into his heart. The crowd roars mightily, the Kid pushes the Champion Gladiator onto his back and starts screaming hysterically while stabbing and cutting the Champion Gladiator, over and over again. All the while, the Gladiator is watching - it's his first day there. After that, the Gladiator says to the man standing next to him "What sort of a man sends a boy to fight that?", then the man says "Don't be so distressed", then in a cheery voice, the guy says "He survived!". Then the screen fades to black. Later, the Kid is laying on a mat on the floor, with a couple of gladiators congratulating him and then the Gladiator says to the Kid "You were lucky", then the Kid says in a slightly cocky voice "It was sssskill", then the Gladiator says "It was LUCK!". The Kid then says "It was skill! I know how to fight!", then the Gladiator says "He tried to stab your heart, cut your artery, and kill you from the waist down before he slicing your throat. He ac-ci-den-tally 'missed all 'three' TIMES. It was NOT skill, it was LUCK!", then the Kid says "And skill. I played dead, rolled over and killed him. It was skill and technique". The Gladiator exhales a long breathe through his nostrils and says "A little. But mostly luck", then the Kid says to a guard "Hey! When do I get my banquet meal?!", then the guard says "You can have it when you can walk to it". The screen fades to black again, while the screen is still black, a guard shouts "Hey! Kid! You get your honorary dinner!", then the Kid , with his chest and back wrapped in bandages, says while walking to the guard "Fine, some luck, with a LOT of skill!". The Gladiator shouts after the Kid "Enjoy your 'lucky' dinner, alright?".
... Happy?
Now I BET you, people MIGHT talk about this further, but no one will say they are interested. Where as before, NOT posting anything about the story, I got 5 guys to join me... just not from these forums. lol Anyway, I normally wait until someone says they're interested and THEN I send them everything I have on the story and if they're still interested, they join me.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2014 10:10 Edited at: 9th Oct 2014 10:13
Team requests

This thread is considered a team request and has been locked.
Whilst threads like this are not outlawed, they must adhere to a strict set of guidelines.

A couple of points from the Team Requests Rules:

Quote: "Rule 4 - Long plot lines / stories do NOT qualify
Ok, so you may have the next killer idea encapsulated in your 10 page long story about the Vogon rebels invading a lawless planet on the outskirts of the solar system, but to be utterly honest with you, no one really cares. Stories / plots do NOT make good team requests for a number of reasons. The first is that to be honest unless your writing skills are on par with William Gibson, Philip K Dick, et all the story you type out into the forum will rarely actually portray the mega episode that is going on in your head. That doesn't mean don't write it down, far from it - get every last possible thought on paper and keep on refining them. Just don't expect everyone else to be able to share that same dream/passion or even to understand what on earth your story is about. Unfortunately we will reject team requests that are nothing but ideas/concepts/plots for games with no tangible work to show for it."

Quote: "Rule 5 - Do not offer money or the promise of "future riches"
Nothing turns people away faster than "I can't afford to pay you, but I will split the money with you when the game goes on sale". Don't ask us why, but for some reason this phrase and variations of it seem to draw out the deepest darkest flaming elements of our forum dwellers, and they latch onto it like a plague. It's probably the sense of false hope that it embodies - that golden chalice of "having the game published", when in actual fact very very few games ever reach that stage. If a team is working on a game they wish to sell then go for it - but discuss it internally, not on the forums and not in your team request posts."

You can review the team request guidelines here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:03:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:03:31