Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Shape Time! Now available on Google Play (coming soon to the App Store)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2014 22:33 Edited at: 7th Jul 2014 23:06
We're happy to announce our next game, Shape Time!

Get it from Google Play or the App Store

Thank you to everyone who helped us beta test!

You'll be able to see the integration of Chartboost interstitial ads in this game. Next game will hopefully have the new Facebook SDK and Google Play game services

Cheers!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 6th May 2014 11:26 Edited at: 6th May 2014 11:27
So I downloaded it here are my comments:
The gameplay is a bit difficult with having to both tap and swipe the slider. I think it needs to be simplified. The idea behind it is great though, sort of similar to GYRO in concept.
The only other problem is that the menu is kinda cluttered, it needs to be simnplified.
Integration of Charboost ads is awesome though! Does Charboost pay well? I might end up using them sometime if they do. I gave you 5 stars

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2014 20:33 Edited at: 6th May 2014 20:49
Thanks for your comments. The gameplay is pretty much exactly where we want it. During beta we had about half of the users achieve 75 points (bronze level) or more within 5 runs. A few of the testers were able to achieve Silver (125-174). Only one was able to achieve gold. So statistically the gameplay worked out perfect. It sure isn't easy though! I typically can't get much more than 80-100 points. Learning the optimal times to use the power ups is critical.

I'll consider simplifying the menu, but everything on that screen has a function.

Chartboost says they pay well. I know the ads look much better and are for games. These things are important to me. Also you can do cross-promo of your own apps for free and network with other developers to do direct deals.

Thanks again for the feedback and the review!!

EDIT:

Yay! Our first website review!!
http://www.appszoom.com/android-game/shape-time-kpahk.html
7.5/10 ... not bad!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 7th May 2014 02:27
Not fair! How do you manage to get major sites to review you apps

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 02:33
lol it's not too hard, just have luck and a Marketing Manager!

We do a lot of marketing work.
1 - Make a pressKit (doPressKit.com)
2 - Use the indie dev help list extensively
3 - Make a press release and submit it to various sites (our press release is just a short email with links to trailer and presskit)
4 - Be really happy when your covered
5 - Be really sad when you're not

It's a strange animal because it's so much luck. But a lot of it is persistence and working those marketing skills. Hopefully we'll be lucky and have a few more by the end of the week as Shannon just started PR work yesterday.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2014 07:22 Edited at: 11th May 2014 07:24
I'm not sure how, but we're #109 on indieDB!

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 01:21
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2014 00:57
Another great review of Shape Time!
http://www.apppicker.com/reviews/15594/Shape-Time-app-review-a-challenging-game-based-on-shapes

Unfortunately we also had a bad review the other night, but we're taking it in stride and it has a lot of great feedback that we're going to use to improve the game. So we're working on an update to the graphics and adding some more sparkles and polish. Also we're likely dropping the IAP and life limits as the game's just not that addictive to demand it.

Suggestions and feedback are welcome. Also will someone please beat my wife's high score already? The gloating...

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2014 23:04
Shape Time! has undergone a major overhaul and now has improved graphics, better input handling, and all IAP have been removed except for the ability to permanently remove ads.

Original post has been edited for new video and download links.
Thanks for playing!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 17:41
Naphier:
Tried the old version of the game some time ago but never got around to post feedback. Now I have also tried the new version. It is definitely better. But like EB I find it too hard to both swipe and tap. It is not my type of game. The previous iap was way over priced for such a simple game. The current price for add removal seems just right to me. I like how you implemented the adds, the high score list and iap. The new look is also nice.

I will look into the tips you have posted in this thread and also look into adding statistics into the RTA alpha. Would be nice to see how other players progress through the game and if they die much, play through the whole game, replay levels etc.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 19:15
Thanks for the feedback, DA. It's funny, some people really get the tap/swipe combo and others it is just not comfortable. Understandable, I'm about halfway between myself. There's also non-snapping mode if you don't really like the snapping.
It seems that one of the things I've learned from this game is that swipe/tap combo for controls just doesn't work well for most people. I think limiting the taps to a certain area or button may have been more comfortable. Also in Shape Time you can do multitouch input which is how I've seen a few people do it (tap with left swipe with right). I myself haven't been able to master that control.

Adding analytics or stats to check on the gameplay is a great way to get insight. Give me a shout via email if you need any help with ideas or implementation.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 19:48
Thanks will do if I run into any problems. I have experience with PHP and MySQL so I think I can get it to work.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 19:52
Yeah it's pretty straightforward. The only thing I do is in my connection handler is I flag the connection as waiting for a response of the user's ID from the database so that I can connect their data. At some point I may use the device UDID instead as that will allow me to track them over multiple uninstalls.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 20:24
Is it possible to get the UDID in AppGameKit?

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 20:29
Yeah I'd have to override one of the java commands, probably the one for GetDeviceLanguage. By the looks of it though I might have to look into a different alternative for iOS at least (they have a vendor id) because for some reason they think that collecting the device ID is too sensitive of information and using the advertiser ID isn't allowed unless you serve ads. Android doesn't seem to care, but I'd likely hash the UDID with SHA before I collected it on the server anyway.

Would be great if I could use something like this instead of a manual login or Facebook login for Wordspionage.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 20:50 Edited at: 24th Jul 2014 20:58
For collecting data I'm just going to store the time and date the player starts the game into the save file as an id and then send posts to store into a table that I can then query for data. RTA is multi platform and PC seems to be the most popular right now.

yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 11:24
Just played this game on my Nexus7 and loved the simplicity of the game idea. Managed a score of 24

Found the controls a bit awkward, trying to swipe and change colour at the same time. Not sure if that’s because of the bigger screen on tablets, or my old age or maybe being a male and not able to multitask.

Became a little easier after a while, especially if you use your paint brush power ups. Gave it a five anyway.

The ad system is amazing work as well, like the way they integrate well with the game. Would be nice if we could add these by default in AGK.

Was this written in Tier 1? Remarkable if it was, with Facebook, Hi Score and great Ad system.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 11:28
Thanks! Keep at it, you'll find you get better, like most games. I wanted to make it Nintendo hard, so, I did lol.
It was all written in Tier 1. I'm way too impatient for working in Tier 2. Adding Chartboost ads isn't all that difficult. It just takes some patience and careful following of instructions. You can check out my guide here if you're interested:
www.naplandgames.com/agk

Also with Chartboost you can do direct deals with developers so that you can trade ads. A very nice feature that I've just started to take advantage of.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:25:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:25:54