Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Admob and the August deadline

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 08:46
Since Google play will reject apps made with the old admob library as of August 1st, does this mean apps made with tier 1 are now blocked from Google play?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 18:02 Edited at: 16th Jul 2014 00:24
I've had a look at this today and will release an AppGameKit update shortly.

For those that want to make the changes manually and don't want to wait (or mess up any custom AGKHelper.java or manifest changes), follow the instructions below.

1) In the Android SDK Manager make sure you have "Google Play Services" installed.
2) Browse to the location of the newly installed Google Play Services SDK, it should be here "android-sdk-windows\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib", copy this into a new folder in the AGK/apps folder, the same place as the "facebook" project should be.
3) Import this new project into eclipse, build it to make sure it doesn't have any errors
4) Right click on your project and choose Properties
5) In the Android section, in the Libraries section that should already have the "facebook" project listed. Add the google play services project you just imported to this list.
6) Still in the properties dialog, in the Java Build Path section click on the Libraries tab and remove the entry GoogleAdMobAdsSDK-6.1.0.jar, you can also delete this file from your project's "libs" folder.
7) Click OK to close the properties dialog
8) In your project's AndroidManifest .xml file find the entry "com.google.ads.AdActivity" and change it to "com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"
9) add the code
directly after the application tag of the manifest file, also remove the "android:debuggable="false"" line, it should now look like this

10) In AGKHelper.java find the line "import com.google.ads.*;" and change it to "import com.google.android.gms.ads.*;", make sure there are no other entries for the old import
11) Find the section
and change it to

12) Find the section
and replace it with

13) Add these two additional case statements to the code above

14) Find the section
and replace it with

15) refresh and build your project
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for updating this
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 21:18 Edited at: 15th Jul 2014 13:38
Will the online APK builder be updated as well?

Please,please,please

Ta much
Rickynzx

ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 22:31
Thanks alot, Rick.

There shouldn't be a problem for Tier 2 users right? I would imagine not, but thought I'd ask.

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 00:26
...and also, this just applies to apps that we upload after Aug 1st.
This doesn't affect the apps that are not updated. Right? Or will this affect payment as well?

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 04:22
Quote: "Will the online APK builder be updated as well?"

Updated, make sure you choose 1.08.23 as the AppGameKit version

Quote: "There shouldn't be a problem for Tier 2 users right?"

If you are using the GoogleAdMobAdsSDK-6.1.0.jar library then yes it will affect your tier 2 project as well. You can follow the above instructions for tier 2 projects to fix them also.

Quote: "This doesn't affect the apps that are not updated. Right?"

I assume it doesn't affect existing apps, only if you want to update them.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 15:19
That's good to know - ideally we'd see full screen ad support as well. I know the focus is AGKv2 - but having that would make a it a better platform for Android apps as it is.

I am the one who knocks...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 22:18
Don't forget, HockeyKid has a nice tutorial on getting interstitials with admob. It's floating around the forums somewhere or can be found here:
naplandgames.com/agk

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 23:52
Awesome Paul, cheers for this.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2014 00:37 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2014 00:38
Paul, I'm trying to update my apps with Tier 1 v108.24 (with the new AdMob change) and I can see that the Ads have now moved down by approximately 45 pixels. I have it set at top center... I assume this is something to do with the new AdMob changes and not AppGameKit, right?

Is there anything we can do to get these ads positioned correctly (at the very top)? I tried altering the offset with CreateAdvertEx(), but it doesn't appear to work with negative values...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:05:42