Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / run, should also save and compile...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I hit "Run", I want the environment to save all unsaved files, compile (make) and then run. Right now, I seem to have to save, build, then run every iteration. I looked in preferences, but I dont see an "auto-save on compile".
If there is no way to do it now, is there a plan to implement this on the Geany based IDE?

thanks!
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 10:42
For me, hitting F5 saves all, compiles, runs and broadcasts fine. You need to click "Compile run and broadcast" (red play button with the cog), not just run. Run will run the most recent build (the same as shift+F5).

Better yet, just get used to using the shortcut key (F5), it'll make things faster for you in the end.

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess if I am only testing and running on my local PC broadcast doesnt mean anything and doesnt matter.....
F5, I am comfortable with that, just like VS. Unfortunately, it doesnt work for me. It doesnt do anything. Is there something I need to do to enable function keys?

thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:41:58