Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] [Android] [Puzzword]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2014 17:04
Many months ago now I started this game, and have managed to complete it.

This is a sliding puzzle type game but with a twist, where objects need to be moved or removed from the playfield and tiles lock
in place when in the correct position, but move until they hit another tile. Also its against the clock. Can be a very frustrating game but also fun to play with that just one more go feel.

Description

\"Sliding Puzzle Game FREE:\" Take the classic sliding puzzle game add a twist, and you have
Puzzword, fun puzzle word game for all the family. Complete the levels to unlock the next gradually
harder level. Can you complete all six.

- Complete six exciting levels of play.
- All levels available FREE.
- Game physics.
- Hi score table.
- Save high score and levels completed.
- Retry`s available when you get stuck.

Short video of the gameplay.

Available on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yamsoft.puzzword

Available on Amazon Store
http://www.amazon.com/YamSoft-Puzzword/dp/B00LX8RMRW/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1406123264&sr=1-1&keywords=puzzword

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 19:24
Neat concept. The removal of the green tiles looks a bit confusing. What's the point of having to remove the empty tiles from the board to complete the level?
The art could use a bit more polish. The background is very distracting and, in my opinion, not pleasing to look at. The italicized text looks very 90s shareware. The red overlay on the locked tiles makes the game look very flat. The color scheme is not all that pleasing either. I think you could have a fairly popular game here if you spent a bit more time on the artwork.

Wishing success for you!

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 23:46 Edited at: 24th Jul 2014 23:50
yamyam, a good little app! I think I may have found a bug though... I assume that when there are multiple of the same letter, I can use any one of the corresponding tiles, right? In the below screenshot, I used a 'D' in the word 'Edward' but it is not being locked in (presumably because I used the second 'D' tile and you were expecting me to use the first )...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 10:21
Not a bug with the tiles Funnell7 not making it that easy for you where you can use any letter

The later Flower Power level has four letter "I" which makes it a lot harder to determine which tile goes in the correct position.

On the graphics front I agree it’s not quite Disney Naphier.
My graphics skills are not the best. The 90s feel is probably because i wrote and released it first in 1992 and this was a recreation of that game.

Would have liked to add online hi-score for each of the levels, But thats a little out of my league of skills at the moment.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 14:05
Quote: "Not a bug with the tiles Funnell7 not making it that easy for you where you can use any letter"

Woaaa... It was hard anyway! Now we need to work out which specific 'D' (in this case) relates to which floor tile... This will take some doing (now I know why there are only 6 levels lol)...
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 15:42
lol yes only six levels because it gets harder,did i mention the spring back tiles and the bombs in later levels gulp.

On a side note i notice your good self and Naphier, are sporting shiny developer badges on your profile. How did you achieve those?

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 17:32
I think I tracked down Van B to get mine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:38