Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / voting for 2d game "engines" :)

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2014 18:52
please keep fair:
http://www.slant.co/topics/341/viewpoints/28/~what-are-the-best-2d-game-engines~app-game-kit

AGK 108 (B)19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 10:19
Hi

I have voted for AppGameKit , for all the pros, except (for the moment) the iap because, the online tool doesn't allow us to export for google play, and it's one of THE more important feature, because with it, we could sale more games.

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
so many god sdks listed

i think tgc should look at what the other toolsets offer, and improve on agk as much as possible
SamKM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 21:09 Edited at: 16th Aug 2014 21:10
AGK is doing great in the polls
I agree though, we do need more features, or people will go with other programs instead :/
Don't get me wrong, I think AppGameKit (v2) is progressing really well - considering we only have Paul working on it. What Paul is getting done is awesome, but if TGC want to make a product which will attract new users, I think things really need to move faster. Unless something changes, I'm worried that AppGameKit might slowly fade into obscurity and be overtaken by other languages and engines (like Monkey X)
Honestly, I don't mean it to sound like I'm complaining - I'd love to see AppGameKit succeed, and what I've said is only my opinion! I'm just worried that it might not be able to survive against other products given it's current speed of development...

The code never bothered me anyway...
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2014 05:43
yea I just posted my vote for the positive, least I think I did, clicked stuff, made comments.

We should all vote for it. People check lists like this when lookin for a game engine and AppGameKit is one of the cheapest in terms of pricing yet one of the most powerful in what it can do and the games and apps its capable of making.

And now with Paul and TGC developing the new IDE and AppGameKit 2 we have more reason than ever to be proud of our language.

So go vote positively and lets get more people buying AGK. we'll be the AppGameKit Army, not exactly the Kiss Army.., but cool in its own right.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 01:53
I would give AppGameKit an A+++++++ but many do doubt the future of this great engine because of the very very very long progression of its development! Its a real shame that TGC will not make this amazing gaming engine a priority. I, like many, just simply give up waiting but keep coming back occasionally to check the status of its development and each and every time "click exit" extremely frustrated!

I just feel by the time any progression is made it will be obsolete. A REAL SHAME to such a wonderful IDEA!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@aviles22 I fully agree with you, the timespan between updates is too long for people who's livelihood depends on apps. However there are many hobbyists who use AppGameKit who do not mind the slow progress, and AppGameKit seems to be a perfect fit in such situation as the price tag is really affordable
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 10:30
Since I went on holiday there have been 2 updates... I agree progress is slow but I think the fact it's behind schedule is more frustrating than the number of updates at present.

I just wish people would get behind the product and shout the benefits to as many people as possible rather than complaining about the fact they are behind so TGC would get the additional backing they clearly need to get the product finished properly.

I know from experience that there are very few development projects that run exactly as planned and are completely unaffected by market shift or unforeseen circumstances. It's hard as a user to understand this but as developers you should all understand the factors that come into play.

Here's an idea for a future competition on the forum:
1-Write a full specification for a game/app including-
a-Full technical specification (exhaustive)
b-Budget (not zero, must include a "cost" for your time and that of anyone who provides input)
c-Completion date (within the timeframe of the competition)
d-Marketing plan (how/where/when and number of projected customers by required date to make a realistic return on investment)

2-Stick to the spec as closely as you can and complete the game/app by the completion date

3-Get the planned number of customers to "buy in" to the game/app by the time indicated in the marketing plan

You would be marked on how closely you stick to the budget, time, spec and marketing objectives but also on how well you communicate progress during development

That's a basic and incomplete version of a standard project. The prize is you might make back the money you put into the project in the first place if you do a good job. Extra prizes are given to developers who randomly hit the market at the right time with a badly planned and executed app.

Anyone interested? Great! Welcome to indie development
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I do 1abc all the time for private clients.
Most contracts also impose a penalty when you don't respect the deadline, so there is no option but to complete everything BEFORE the deadline to be 100% safe
SamKM
Years of Service
User Offline
There's another one happening over here
http://www.slant.co/topics/1476/~what-are-the-best-2d-game-engines-for-android

The code never bothered me anyway...
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The 2 biggest advantages of AppGameKit over the others is that you can use industry standard C++ and the final apps are very small and compact (byte size)

imagine if 2 or 3 developers were working full time on AppGameKit! I bet that in less than 1 year it will become the perfect mobile dev system for small teams!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:02:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:02:53