Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / i need solution. plz help me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 17:02
How to convert 4 piece of texture as 1 texture..As I hv attach a picture ..jus hv a look..

Plz help me with some software link or give idea.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 20:33
meisanam
Not quite sure what your asking for? It appears to be a texture map for a character. I see it as "one" texture. Do you mean you have 4 textures and want to know how to apply to a character?
Or something else?
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 11:30
Hi friend

Thanks for asking me n trying to help.
Actually I have downloaded a model from net but that model have four texture seperate, like head texture,body ,hand n legs .so wen I try to import that model in fps model texture doesn't show only model bcoz fps model need one single texture like jpeg or tga ..so my question is that any software to export single texture from a model. I hope u understand what I mean.

I really hope that u guys may help me out even I gave picture in my post so jus hv a look.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2014 18:35
meisanam
Quote: "any software to export single texture from a model"

Short answer is no. As far as I know there is no software that can
export 4 texture as one for a character. You will need to take the
characters UV's and make a "single" texture for it. It is the best and only way I know of. Sorry

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 18:54 Edited at: 18th Aug 2014 18:55
You pretty much have to take that first image and make it one, in a problem like photoshop or gimp and export as a square .DDS

Only problem is you'd have to remap the texture yourself in a program like Blender or 3d studio max.

Best advise i can give is try to find models that use a single texture. I remember when I first started out playing around with FPSC I would go around downloading free 3d models to plug in to FPSC. First problem I generally encountered was the same as yours. That's actually what somewhat encouraged me to start making my own.

(Teabone)
meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 07:28
Thank you ncmako n teabone for giving me such advice.I Really appreciate you guys ya for helping me out...
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2014 01:56
Quote: "Actually I have downloaded a model from net but that model have four texture seperate"

Take your paint program.. I mostly use PAINT.NET, Gimp and Irfan.

Say take PAINT.NET and open the first texture.
Now expand the canvas 800 percent in the down direction now open the other images and Paste as newlayer into the 800 percent image making a square.
XX
XX
like above.. Now make 4 images changing the location of each image.
x1x2
x3x4

x2x3
x4x1
and so on.. then make 4 fpe files each using a different image and tweak the one that works the best.
Now you may need to re-edit the direct x file.
to use the new image..
If so the easiest way is to use DeleD CE or to use the original images you might try using, ModelConverter 1.3 or milkshake.

Also if you want to use your shiny new model in reloaded you may need to find
DxtFixerX - neumanix 2012
-----------------------------------------

This tool fixes the stutters in images caused by dxt3 and dxt5 textures without an active alpha channel.

To just search for bad files without making any changes, check the box that says "Just report bad files".
To fix all faulty files, just leave the box unchecked.

Then click the "Select root folder" button to tell the program from where to start the search.
It will search all the subfolders from there on.
If you select your Reloaded root folder, then all your textures will be searched.

After the search is done, the program closes automatically.

Now go read the "log.txt" file that was generated. It contains a report of the faulty files that were found/fixed.
Enjoy!

Oh yea. bmp only so use (GOOGLE) dds_converter_v21 maybe instead// Sorry getting tools mixed up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:23:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:23:50