Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Top ladder problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 13:07
Hi.

I make a character that can move up ladder. but there is a little Problem, that when character move up ladder after Reach to top ladder if try move up more, character jump at top ladder.

here is my code:

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 16:37
Hmmmm, not sure you want to use the physics gravity like that - I mean what will happen to the other sprites!

I would do a point check for the ladder where the player is and also at their feet, then nerf the Y velocity of the sprite if the player is on the ladder. So you'd need a state variable for if the player is on the ladder, then if the point checks fail, the state is set to 0.

I am the one who knocks...
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 18:57
I add a up variable to chect player is up or not. but don't work good. this code:

Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2014 15:44
can anyone help me?
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2014 18:28 Edited at: 17th Aug 2014 18:37
I done it in c++ a long time ago and you are using VB. This is what I did.

When my character jumped it looked to see if it was in the range of the latter. If it was in that range it called a function that made the checked how long ago you pressed the jump button on a latter. The timer function will look 1 second before it try's to find latters again. This way your character can get of the latter. I believe that you can make a if statement that checks how long ago you pressed the jump button.

instead of a timer you could make a variable that increments every loop. Call the variable lasttimepressedjumponlatter when you are on the latter reset this variable to 0 then use a if statement to check in the variable is less then 300. If the variable is grater than 300 than check to see if you contact a latter.

I believe there is a timer function that allows you to see how long ago you pressed a button.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2014 19:47
AGK have bug because in other engine I used this way and work very well but in AppGameKit every thing is different and not work good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:07:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:07:13