Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / PrintImage command not full resolution?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone,

Doing a screen grab and saving to local photos folder in iOS using the 'PrintImage' function. Everything works but the image generated is lower quality then expected. eg on iPhone4 the image is 405 x 719 instead of 640 x 960

Anyone else experienced? any work around? I'm using the size paramter of 100 eg PrintImage(ImageID,100)

Any other work arounds you've found to get a screen capture to the photos folder in Tier 1?

Cheers

LittlePIC
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2014 14:52
PrintImage is for sending to a printer, hence the lower quality.

I think you want:

SaveImage( iImageIndex, filename )

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
@fog, PrintImage is also designed to save to the local photo library (iOS) and root memory card (Android). However, this still isn't documented anywhere except random threads in this forum. The problem with SaveImage is it only saves to the private local folder so the user cannot easily get to those photos from outside of the app itself.

I've always been incredibly disappointed in the functionality of this command and have felt from the beginning that a brand new command should be added to save media to the user's documents folder. You should be able to specify a filename and location on supported devices, and it should always save at 100% the same quality and resolution although there could also be additional parameters to choose format and compression. Such a command cannot be very difficult to implement yet all we have is a hackish PrintImage route that forces its own filename, location etc.

I guess if you set the size parameter to 100 and still don't have luck saving the full size there is no alternative in Tier 1 without Paul's intervention. I've had a near finished WIP Tier 1 app from three years ago that I had to shelve indefinitely due to this poorly implemented ability to save to the user's photo library.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:10:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:10:12