Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / to receive data from GPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I recently became the proud owner of AppGameKit version 108.24. A long time ago I came up with one idea, which was in need of a similar product. Long workout in the free version, I bought the full version of AGK. In my program uses a GPS receiver. And I need data from it. The online help says that this functionality in AppGameKit is, without any reservations. But I was not able to run even the simplest program to retrieve the data from the GPS. Code below, which does not receive data from the GPS. I spent a lot of time on your project. Almost made it (to be honest it is two projects) and now do not understand what to do to get the data from the GPS.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 17:53 Edited at: 19th Aug 2014 17:55
i believe u use android as target,true?
not all functions are exist on all targets.
unfortunately u can not see in help.

if u make a apk in eclipse with interpreter core source code (+ bytecode)
in java i believe u can add this functionality self.
+ set permissions for it.
i remember someone here done this and show his code snippet.

paul said he want look at it after v2 kickstarter goals.

AGK 108 (B)19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
of course, I badly understand English, but these screenshots are quite clearly written that on devices with GPS receiver, these functions will return the coordinates.
It seems to me that it's not fair to mislead. I am very upset. For me it will have very bad consequences. Very.
May be a way to get the coordinates of where to find this information on the forum this problem has not solved.
I pain...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately, the GPS commands were only implemented for a specific product (Ultrabook) as part of a competition in 2012, and even that was only partially implemented and didn't often work very well. This is true with some sensor commands as well, such as ambient light level. You are right that the help documentation is misguiding in that it doesn't mention this not working on Android or iOS right now.

I think it may be many months before full GPS support is added, and that would only be done in V2 not 1.08 which is no longer actively developed.
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't wait so long. And ready to take on the implementation of features of work with sensors. Can this somehow be organized? All the results ready to send the TGC project.
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
or: how much you want to donate money to AppGameKit 2.0 to the developer brought to mind features a GPS receiver that will still be included in AGK2.0 ?!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:20:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:20:57