Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Do not work extended font

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 19:55 Edited at: 27th Aug 2014 20:02
again I grieve defects AppGameKit - this time working with extended fonts/

below code:

this code I wrote after I didn\'t work on Android device debugged function user registration length 1300 lines, especially for a respected community. Now, in this example, during a broadcast on the computer - su works, Russian characters to introducing and displayed, and when the Assembly code for the Android on the device, they do not work is in the attachment code. I have a question for the developers: what am I doing wrong?!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 04:43 Edited at: 28th Aug 2014 04:47
I think I found your problem:

Try this:

You'll notice that the Russian characters do show up. They just don't show up when you type them into the IDE, you need to use their character code instead.
You'll have to use the individual character code for each Russian character that you want to use

I'd recommend you do it like this:

This function will remap the english alphabet into the russian one
ie.
StringToRussian("abc") will return

You could even write an external program (in VB.net or something) that would map it backwards . ie. type into it, and it'll output 'abc', which you can then use in your AppGameKit app to output the russian characters

Hope that helps

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, but that is not the problem - the text strings in Russian in my program are shown on Android, although in the example, after launching on Android - no. The problem is that Russian characters EditBox doesn't allow even the cursor does not move
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2014 11:47
Edit boxes have many issues. I'd suggest using this to write your own:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209538&b=41

It fully works for standard english characters, but you'd need an extended font for the labels for Russian. Shouldn't be too hard to switch what language the keyboard uses via the GetDeviceLanguage command.

Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
No, when working on a PC all broadcast and works fine and Russian font in the SetText and EditBox - when using extended fonts functions. And when assembling the .apk is not entering characters with ASCII codes greater than 127. We in Russia are accustomed to the fact that we are deceived all: the government, the President, the police mocking us, thugs of all stripes... now I learned that in England all the same - you pay your money and you cheat again.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 04:39
Quote: "We in Russia are accustomed to the fact that we are deceived all: the government, the President, the police mocking us, thugs of all stripes..."

Good for you. We will mock you also if you continue to speak this way. Calm down and stop accusing TGC (and in fact England) of ripping you off.

Now, Naphier has kindly offered a solution to your problem. I suggest you take the time to examine it and see if it fits your needs.

Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, probably a very bad online translator. We, in our Russian lawlessness, it seems that England, America and a dozen countries, are examples of legal relations in society. Now I see that everywhere one and the same.
OK.
I vaguely outlined his problem?! EditBox configured SetEditBoxExtendedFont on the use of extended character table, which is loaded by the corresponding font is not possible to enter these characters when running on Android, but works fine on PC. So kind Naphier nothing here to help can't. It can only help the developer who will fix the lock input characters with ASCII code > 127.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 10:55
I asked several times: How are you entering chars >127 on Android? Which keys are you pressing which order?

Android may be mapping the Cyrillic to a Unicode value - which will be a lot greater than 127.

We can't help unless you give us all the information.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
I also thought that much different encoding, but no Russian font characters normally displayed Create/SetText with those codes from 224 to 255.
I believe that this is a problem developers AppGameKit - how much more code entered Russian, German umlaut, Greek or whatever character. The instructions are clearly written for the use of the character with ASCII code greater than 127, you need to apply a function SetEditBoxExtendedFont to the created input field data with the loaded font. On PC everything works on Android - no, switch to Cyrillic and no one Cyrillic character, or the character that has the ASCII code > 127 not be entered, although on the PC, if the font is not loaded, then just enter the special character of the current table of the font.
I say again - in Android player from AppGameKit is a "plug" to the appropriate codes.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 13:31
HOW ARE YOU ENTERING THE CHARACTERS ON ANDROID?????????????

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 14:18 Edited at: 4th Sep 2014 16:01

press the virtual button to change the input language (to switch to the Russian language (Cyrillic)characters on the virtual buttons are changed to Russian (Cyrillic), push buttons, symbols are not entered. More questions?!

This is standart virtual keyboard Android.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 16:53 Edited at: 4th Sep 2014 17:25
I would suggest using your own sprite sheet and command line function. If you read the subtext functions of the sub images you can customize your characters. This would require you to read the subimages as a file and that each sprite in the sub image file end with .png. You can also make your own text box to customize the input. You can also look for the character ":" in each read line function to partition the file.

In c++ I would use an array and a vector to represent the ending string. this works by using a spritesheet and reading the subimages as reading each line. Opening up the sprite sheet subimage file you can then read each line and partition it. This method ascii values would not matter via partitioning the subimage file.

Here is how I would do it in c++.

partitioning the sub string text file.

The array code would then use an array function to create a string. This array function would be passed to a function that can in turn create a string.

after this make your own customize text box. You can also use "easter bunny" example then create your customize text box.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:25:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 14:25:45