Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK V2 Publishing to IOS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 21:46
I am getting ready to bring my new game made with AGKV2 into XCODE on my MAC to test on my IOS devices. Have a couple question first...

1) Is it yet possible to do this with V2?

2) If, so has the process changed at all?

3) Is there a new template for V2?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
do you use T1 or T2?

if you use T1 you can use the broadcast features for testing
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 03:56 Edited at: 10th Sep 2014 04:03
I use T1 on a my PC and broadcasting doesn't work on IOS devices only on my Android devices. I also have a MAC but as I'm aware broadcasting is not available yet for V2 T1 on the MAC.

With that said I do remember about a year ago broadcasting did work from my PC to IOS devices but just stopped working since for some reason and I did try with V2 also.

Maybe I can post about that in a different thread.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
for T1 on Mac they are working on automatic ipa archive generation, so just wait a bit...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 21:06
A cursory glance of the AppGameKit template for iOS doesn't show any major changes. Should be the same instructions. The new template is in the <agk installation>/IDE/Apps folder like the others.
Give it a go and test it out in the simulators. I've found them to reliably tell me if everything is working (though I can't depend on them for actual performance like frame rate)

aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2014 14:44
OK I followed the old tutorial by Ancient Lady for XCODE. I am using AppGameKit Tier1 Version2 and received the following error in Core.m

Semantic Issue
Non-void method 'application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:'
should return a value

Here is the line of code in Core.m that creates the error.
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 01:24 Edited at: 14th Sep 2014 01:25
In case anyone runs into the same problem I did a little googling research and fixed the error in the last post.

The code:
return;

needs to be changed to:
return YES;

Don't know why but it works...... Could be NO?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 12:17
I will give a look...

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 12:22
Yes checked and you need YES after return, as you can see also from my video.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK templates for T2 has been riddled with problems since day 1

why don't TGC invest a few hours and make sure they work 100% ???

templates don't change that much from version to version, so this is a fix-once problem

i want an official working template from TGC not user fixed ones
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 18:02
bjadams: I don't want to ruin this post with negativity but please lets wait first for the completion of AGKV2. That's all I want for Christmas! (lol) Like you know the completion and support of 3D Animations.

Believe me, I am quite frustrated that AppGameKit and now AGKV2 is a very very amazing piece of software that lacks consistent development and updating but I truly have faith in TGC. I mean how could they eventually not care about a gold mine when completed and the feedback of us pledgers and buyers!
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 18:11 Edited at: 14th Sep 2014 18:13
The only positive thing about TGCs inconsistency is the forum community.
Can you imagine if us users didn't post answers and updates for TGC?
This wonderful product would be FINISHED. Maybe they are already rich
millionaires who simply dont care. Like professional athletes after they sign their contract.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
feedback is IMPORTANT.

If we don't post here how will TGC know that users are not happy so they can act?

Paul has been very productive these last few weeks.

There is no need to wait until AppGameKit 2 is 100% done to make sure the T2 templates work perfectly, it only takes a few hours of work to test and make sure they compile without errors out of the box
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 07:56
Pretty odd, must be something that Paul had already caught.
I'm looking at my core.m from a fresh install of alpha 5 and there's a return value there. I'm not sure why he would have taken it out...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 10:33 Edited at: 15th Sep 2014 10:38
Quote: "Maybe they are already rich
millionaires who simply dont care. Like professional athletes after they sign their contract. "

I can assure you that's not the case... if that had been true I'd still be working for them (if they'd have me). Fact is they are doing everything they can as quickly as they can to make their 2 main products as good as possible. That's the only way a small company like TGC can keep going. They have always done their best for the company (and the community) and at no small cost to themselves. That's the truth. It must be quite hurtful to keep hearing people say stuff like this. If I still worked for them it would make me wonder whether it was worth keeping going. I'd seriously consider saying balls to it and move on to something else as a couple of other TGC employees did shortly before I was made redundant. They have absolutely no commitment (other than a moral one) to keep going. The V2 kickstarter work could be legally dropped if the company went into liquidation as far as I'm aware and they wouldn't owe anyone a penny. If the only thing keeping me going was a community that continually put me down I'd look elsewhere pretty quickly, but that's just me.

Edit: Personally I try to push the AppGameKit product on as many Indy development boards as I can, when I have the time. I try to stay positive even when there are problems with the product that slow me down or stop a project in it's tracks because I have seen TGC going out of their way for me and the rest of the community time and again. This community has been a great place to hang out and talk about making games for me for around 7 years. I'd hate to see it all fall apart, it doesn't take more than a small stream to split a mountain over time. It would be a shame to see this little green hill go that way.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Baxslash do you know what happened to DBP?

Is it still being developed or was it stopped?

If it was stopped, why not try to leverage its community to move over to AppGameKit?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 14:59
As far as I'm aware official development on DBP stopped a long time ago but Lee is using the original engine from the old FPSC (which is based in DBP) for the new FPSCR engine. It would seem a little crazy (to me) to put all this development into the FPSCR engine and not capitalise on the DBP market which (as I said) is quite different to the AppGameKit market. Personally I would try to keep the die-hard DBP users active and push a new DBP at a later date but it seems more like TGC want to phase it out completely. I think that's a shame and a wasted resource. I'd love to see them revive it using the new engine at some point but I wonder whether they actually will do. If that were part of the plan I imagine we would have seen some activity from TGC to keep the DBP community going. This is all conjecture though as I am no longer in the loop and was never really part of the circle of trust
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 18:21
Looking at SVN the return statement was fixed just before Alpha 5 but for some reason didn't make it into the build, it will be fixed in Alpha 6.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:16:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:16:55