Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Agk lite template submission causing eoors and warnings - should I be worried?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So submitted an T1 app to iTunes today and knew I would be in for a treat didn't take long before receiving and email message warning 'Missing Push Notification Entitlement' (which I expected as per other forum threads) however I also received 'Improper Advertising Identifier [IDFA] Usage' which I'm gathering is due to the Adsupport.framework.

Trying to remove the Adsupport.framework and the libGoogleAdmob.a broke the lite version.

It seems many get the Push notification warning during the review process but still manage to get approved. My question - is this really true or should I be concerned about this email from Apple?

As for the second error/warning, I didn't think the lite version would use Admobs or similar. Again, what is your experience and should I be worried this app wont make it through the process?

Ive changed my submission flagging this does use advertising but selected options 2 and 3 for the reason's (sorry lost the details and link but a few Google posts suggested this approach)

Anyone else submitting iOS app's lately found these warnings?

Thanks in advance

LittlePIC
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 12:22 Edited at: 10th Sep 2014 12:24
LittlePIC, we have had an app approved this week, and originally experienced both these warnings. Do not worry about the 'Missing Push Notifications' this is just a warning and will not cause a rejection...

The 'Improper Advertising Identifier [IDFA] Usage' probably will though, and I'm guessing you are not actually using the Ads... I suspect simply updating your app details on iTunes Connect to state that you are actually using ads (even though you are not) will resolve the issue...

As I say, we did exactly as above on our recent submission and it went through with no issues... Takes about 7 days though grrr...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 21:03
You can get rid of the push entitlement issue by commenting out some of the stuff in core.m
The methods to comment out are:
didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken
didFailToRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithError
didRecieveLocalNotification (not sure if this one is necessary, should only be local notifications)

For removal of AdMob:
Don't use AppGameKit Advert Commands after this
Remove the framework AdSupport.framework
Remove the library libGoogleAdMobAds.a
In core.m add these lines to the end
@implementation GADBannerView:UIView
@end
@implementation GADRequest:NSObject
@end

Has worked for me for a long time now (I use Chartboost ads, not AdMob)

You could also probably just say YES to the IDFA usage when submitting your app and select each of the options (used to serve ads, used to track installs, whatever the other is).

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks Naphier for the great tips

i think in the long run TGC should find a more elegant solution for this, as one cannot risk to wait 7 days and have the app rejected and wait another 7
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2014 17:19
Why can't Apple make an automated pre-check tool to check if it even remotely will pass the inspection? I think they would have to reject a lot less apps if they did...

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
LittlePIC
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks very much for the replies. Especially Naphier! You are a champion

I ended up using the lite template and rebuilding but still had the AdMob warnings. Submitted but wasn't picked up in the review. Ive done your work around and built successfully so I'm sure I won't get the warning on next submission

I do however have a second problem from the review. I have been asked to flag my files not to be backed up by iCloud

To push the help further (I'm sure I couldn't be the first to encounter this review issue though searched the forums without luck) Any suggestions?

Review suggests adding the function '(BOOL)addSkipBackupAttributeToItemAtURLNSURL *)URL' from here https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1719/_index.html. Thats no problem but getting my content to call when downloading or being created might be a separate headache

Going to try and work my way through this but any directions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

LittlePIC
LittlePIC
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems this was easier than first thought

In core.m add a method as below:

- (BOOL)addSkipBackupAttributeToItemAtURLNSURL *)URL
{
assert([[NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath: [URL path]]);

NSError *error = nil;
BOOL success = [URL setResourceValue: [NSNumber numberWithBool: YES]
forKey: NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey error: &error];
if(!success){
NSLog(@"Error excluding %@ from backup %@", [URL lastPathComponent], error);
}
return success;
}

which is the suggested code from Apples tech doc link above post

Then add this:

NSString *docsDir;
NSArray *dirPaths;
NSURL * finalURL;
dirPaths = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSDocumentDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES);
docsDir = [dirPaths objectAtIndex:0];
finalURL = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:docsDir];
[self addSkipBackupAttributeToItemAtURL:finalURL];

...into the method "(BOOL)applicationUIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptionsNSDictionary *)launchOptions"

The result will be none of your Documents directly is flagged to be backed up in iCloud

I'm pretty sure this will work (can see it does on the device) but not sure if this is enough to now get through the review

Happy

Cheers

LittlePIC
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 13:22
Glad you figured it out, and glad I could be of help.
Can you elaborate a bit more on the iCloud thing? I'm a bit confused why this modification was needed. I've released 5 apps on iTunes and never had any issues with iCloud. Would love to know what you ran up against.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope that Paul is following this thread and takes some action for the next update
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 14:53
Paul's already aware of the modifications required to remove adMob, that's where I got the info from. The lite template is built to include admob. This is a modification and probably not really on Paul's plate.

LittlePIC
Years of Service
User Offline
Naphier, I download new content(via HTTP) to the app and save locally. This seems to have triggered the concern. The issue is

2.23 -Additionally, we found that your app does not follow the iOS Data Storage Guidelines, which is required per the App Store Review Guidelines.

The review mentioned downloading 5.06mb of data which was not flagged correctly to be backed up. This wasn't an option as only 'user created content can be backed up to iClouds'

It threw me also being the last item on my mind!

Hope that helps. Seems if you are saving any files to the sandbox (I'm guess a few people would) then expect this in the review or just add the above to core.m

Cheers

LittlePIC
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 06:51
Interesting. I never knew this even might be an issue for them. A couple of my games have downloaded images from the AppGameKit Community Ad Network, but nothing more extensive than that. Apple is very odd, sometimes they will be extremely picky sometimes they are reasonable. We just put out an update for all of our games to update the Chartboost ad network for video. Apple rejected Wordspionage FREE because they don't think it displays ads. It shows them in the exact same place it has displayed them for almost a year! After a player makes a turn... I doubt they 6+ updates I've done have ever had any of the Apple reviewers see the ads. So now I have to wait an extra week because I had to give the idiots instructions on how to see the ads. ...rant over...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:52:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:52:04