Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 13:00 Edited at: 28th Sep 2014 15:07
Hi all.

My latest game is almost finished. Honey Run.

Based on the same draw path mechanic from Harbour Master, you must guide your bees to the flowers and back to the hive to score Honey points. If a bee collides with another bee or an enemy it's game over.

The Flowers lose petals after every bee visit, and slowly over time. When they've run out of petals you will need to pollinate them with a bee that's carrying pollen.

Lots of bugs and obstacles that get slowly introduced as you progress through the game.

APK is attached for you to try out.

EDIT: Updated APK file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 16:15
Awesome gfx! I'll give it a try...
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 16:21 Edited at: 27th Sep 2014 16:21
I agree with Bax, the graphics looks amazing. Is it only in 4:3? That's pretty much only for iPad and PC/Mac with old 4:3 monitors. Would love a PC version to try, but I'll probably download it to my phone later.

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 18:37
No, the screen shots are from the iOS version, the aspect is device dependant so will be full screen on your device.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 21:20
Wow, probably one of the most professional looking games I've seen (made with AGK), well done. One minor bug is that I think you have a depth issue when clicking the 'Trolley' for IAP...

Great work!!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 21:52
Pretty good. I played 5 levels and it was starting to get a bit redundant for my taste, but the graphics are very nice and cute. Played it on my Nexus 5 so some of the text was pretty small, but I can't say it was illegible.
Went into the Shop and couldn't get out. Back key press gives me a Honey Run isn't responding message. Seems to be no way out of the shop.
The icons for the powerups are just a little too small on the phone, but I didn't seem to have a tough time pressing them even with my fat fingers. Would be nice if the bees moved a little faster, but not much faster. They're just slow enough to be a bit annoying. Would be nice if you could see the worms for a little longer before they hit the flowers. They were easy to stamp out, but just thought it might be nice to see them longer, maybe make them move faster if you can see them longer.
All in all pretty good, just needs that back key functionality from the Shop and the Options menu that Android users are accustomed to.

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2014 15:11
Thanks for the feedback.

I've fixed the missing back keys, hopefully all working as it should be now.

We intentionally made the bees slow at the start, though they do speed up quite a lot as you progress through the game. I've added a bee speed up button, similar to the harbor master one, for those that want to get through the game quicker in the early levels.

I updated the .apk file at the top of the thread.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2014 12:36
@JohnnyMeek - you get a nice AppGameKit Developer badge for such great work! Make sure you post your game into the AppGameKit Gallery for all to see; http://www.appgamekit.com/gallery.php

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2014 18:39 Edited at: 16th Oct 2014 18:40
Downloaded and played a level on my break today. I love the music. Plays well and looks good. Could not use the Android back button to close the menus. It's keycode 27.

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 13:09
@Rick - Thanks for the badge, I'll wear it with pride.

I'll make sure the game goes on the games page, Android version should be live by next weekend.
Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
Great looking game u have there mate good work , will be sure to download this and give it a blast as soon as I can

Native Technology

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:06:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:06:35